What's objectively wrong with the idea that the society must be guided by a select elite...

What's objectively wrong with the idea that the society must be guided by a select elite? Surely this is a much better idea than letting a savage multitude run amok in the streets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nsoJW4AmqGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's like I'm browsing a literature board and there are threads about not literature getting 270 posts

ANYONE WHO POSTS BELOW ME IS A NEWFAG AND NEEDS TO GET THE FUCK BACK TO /POL/

>what is objectively wrong
>from your subjective position

What's it called when it's a small guy like that? What's the name of the disease or condition or whatever? It's hilarious.

Last i checked the zeitgeist considers liberal democracy the ideal state of affairs. Liberal democracy is representative democracy and the ephemeral middle class is what is being invoked and represented, with scraps thrown to the working class and tax fraud afforded to the upper echelons. There's no such thing as a "savage multitude" strictly speaking unless you invoke the imagery of the crowd and there certainly isn't any operating Crowd Rule anywhere on the globe or in history.

Society needn't be "guided" by a select elite for the simple reason that said elite's interests do not and cannot align with that of general society. The elites will inevitably think of themselves as a golden race of demigods that can do as they please with the bodies, land and resources of the people below them until such a time as their rape and exploitation is brought to a close by violent slave rebellions.

Or not, things will not transpire today as romantically as they did in the time of Spartacus.

the problem with that is that there are most likely things which the general public things are in their interest, but they really are not, because the general public is too stupid to figure that out. there are various obvious real world contenders such as gun control or lack of it (either side could be an ideal candidate here), but there are several orders of magnitude more of these problems when they aren't at such a high level, i.e. highly scientific or technical problems which any layman might have an opinion on without being able to form a good one.

for you

>implying you cannot separate emotion from pure reason

this is what's not wrong with the idea, OP
(t. an actual poorfag)

This is why I despise politics. There simply is no good answer. Humanity has a long track record of doing stupid shit and fucking itself over no matter what type of government it tries to implement, and from what I can tell there is literally no way to end this cycle.
Despite this, 90% of the planet is convinced everything would be totally fine if society only put their team in charge and did exactly as they see fit, and that everyone with diferent ideas about how things should be run is malevolent or retarded.

>a select elite
who selects the elite, or do the elite select themselves

I don't care. What I care about is when you treat others as an end to mean.

ASure the select elite have the resources to back society, and the knowledge to govern.

but they have to realize that they are a part of society too, not seperate.
and I think thats were the "ruling class" makes its mistake.

Sure the dictator on his rise to power is totally within society and has to acieve his goal within the rules set by society. but as soon as he reaches the top he longer conisders himself a paert of that society and rather a tool to be used at their whim.
maybe they feel its the reqards to struggling so much.

the elite twend to isolate themselves, the opterhs tend to demonize them or ciritisize them too harshly fotrr the job they do.

much better to educate the masses properly so they can make an informed decision, and stress proper defense becuase you don't want towns being overrun by barbarians.

the general public can be controlled too well, by sex and terror.

Curbing your emotions doesn't make you objective. You'restill seeing it from a subjective position wtf.

Ten people go to the democracy restaurant and sit down at a table. There are three dishes served at this restaurant and each table must choose which dish everyone at that table will get. They choose through a vote. The three dishes are:
>gourmet shit sandwich with salad on the side
>ass piss soup with croutons
>fried turds and potatoes

What does the group do?

Game theory?

people attracted to power are typically not benevolent

I don't know but there are more videos of him. Have fun watching friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=nsoJW4AmqGA

it's a metaphore for democracy you dip

Is it?

Any chance pic related is the same guy?

I think there's no chance he isnt.

Yes, your image and OP's both are the same guy.