Virginia Woolf and DH Lawrence

I am taking a major authors study in the Fall on Virginia Woolf and DH Lawrence. The books we will cover haven't been distributed yet but I'm anticipating To the Lighthouse, Mrs Dalloway, Lady Chatterley's Lover and some others. What does /lit think of these authors. (I've never read any of their works before).

Personally, I don't read women writers.

those are both great writers. what else is there to say about them? enjoy reading them. also read around the lives and times of the rest of the bloomsbury group. there's quite a lot of sex and drugs in there.

there's always one turd who has to make this comment in every fucking thread

I love woolf and I've recently started reading DH so they're great in my opinion

>femenists detected

you can't spell or form intelligent thought, I don't think you matter much in the scheme of things.

Hopefully you get to read some of D.H Lawrence's poetry, which is great and underappreciated.
I liked sons and lovers, Orlando and the waves which are the only novels by these authors I've read.

Here's thought for you:

Men built Western civilization. Men created all the great artworks. Men invented 99.99% of worthwhile inventions.

You were saying? Consider yourself BTFO

Virginia Woolf is part of the 0.01% then.

What did she invent?

>Western civilization

you say this like its a good thing

What does that have to do with Virginia Woolf and DH Lawrence?

And now you're destroying it, ironically. You're cucked on average so hard that all these arguments about creating great wonders of the civilisation are valueless now.

>forefathers build something great
>you're such a spineless pussy you shit on it all not to offend someone

Western men, everyone.

t. eastern man

I am trying to make every thread into identity politics, i.e. whites vs blacks, men vs. women, heterosexuals vs homos, etc.

You will never be able to have a thread on black literature, women literature, etc. ever again.

no feminist would like DH Lawrence.
Anyway, I doubt you'll read Lady Chatterly, it's probably the least acclaimed of his 4 major works. And as other anons pointed out, his poetry is awesome!

>I've never read any of their works before
>Veeky Forums, please tell me what to think
This thread is shit for so many reasons. Fuck all of you.

this guy is an idiot

virginia woolf is incredible.

reading woolf is great. her take on modernism is refreshing

...I'm sorry you got a retarded professor who didn't understand The Waves well enough to teach it.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Because you're not studying The Waves.

>The books we will cover haven't been distributed yet but I'm anticipating...

...I'm sorry you got a retarded poster who didn't understand your topic well enough to reply to it.

b8 or black

if black i guess that's true (from your perspective)

well, at least you're laying it all out there for us.

That's ok. I take it you've read the waves? What did you think of it?