GREATEST SENTENCES OF ALL

Whats the best sentence in the English language?

>Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

This post is so stupid and strange that I honestly can't tell if it's a shitpost or not.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

"What if I slept a little more and forgot about all this nonsense "

- Franz Kafka

>english language
s m h (shake my head)

Through the ruin of a city stalked the ruin of a man.

>A way a lone a last a loved a long the riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

>Whats the best sentence in the English language?

Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee,
Whether the summer clothe the general earth
With greenness, or the redbreast sit and sing
Betwixt the tufts of snow on the bare branch
Of mossy apple-tree, while the nigh thatch
Smokes in the sun-thaw; whether the eave-drops fall
Heard only in the trances of the blast,
Or if the secret ministry of frost
Shall hang them up in silent icicles,
Quietly shining to the quiet Moon.

I had to look up all the words but this is beautiful.

Edgar A. Poe

"This peculiarity of character grew with my growth, and, in my manhood, I derived from it one of my principal sources of pleasure."

Not the best, but strong, and many like it.

Seriously? Dr Who?

>Panda.....Panda.....Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda

Can someone please explain to me the greatness of Stein's:
"It looked like a garden, but he had hurt himself my accident"
It is very interesting, but i don't know why people (read: Gass atleast) find it so good, i feel like something is going over my head.

Lol I remember the first time you posted this and no one responded. I spend too much time on /lit holy shit. Also, i have no idea.

I don't know why it's funny, but the reason it's interesting is, if I recall, because it is written spatially, not temporally. In other words, it's structured by physical objects and phenomenon instead of the linear flowing of time. Again, though, I have no clue why it's funny.

In this sentence, and others of Stein's, she was interested in how the grammar of such sentences enabled them to form a wholely emotional being (she said that a sentence is not emotional a paragraph is).
The sentence is nonsensical until you to think and make sense of how it's used.
It also has to do with the use of pronoun instead of proper nouns.
Read Wittgenstein for further clarification.

Would the context help me understand?

Pika pika piiika, piiikaachuuuu

Bush did 9/11

Call me Ishmael.

thats why i fucked your bitch, fat muthafucka.

"Glanton's eyes in their dark sockets were burning centroids of murder and he and his haggard riders stared balefully at the kid as if he were no part of them for all they were so like in wretchedness of circumstance."

This sentence.