Books to read whilst drunk?

looking for something that'll blow my hair back

As I lay dying was pretty baller for the 50 pages I read while shitfaced on rye. I read the rest sober though.

I generally find reading while drunk impossible. Not a fan of drinking alone either.

Li Bai
Tao Yuanming
Li Qingzhao

Dunno about while drunk, as I find it difficult to read in that state like the earlier poster said, but Vonnegut's Timequake is the perfect book to read while tripping on acid.

I've been a neet for 3 weeks now and been drinking+reading pretty much every day.

Ulise di James Joyce

Same thing you'd read sober

Hao bahh

That Kafka short story where he and his friend get pissed together and they go on a magical adventure together.

three men in a boat
the characters spend most of the time drunk too
fun fact: all of the real world pubs mentioned in the book.still exist

I know the shopowner who posted that sign means well but I would probably just steal all his books anyway even though I am quite well off

Who the fuck can read while drunk? I did it one time, years ago, and I had to reread the same fucking page like 10 times.

I find, if I start drinking while I'm reading, I'm doing fine,

but if I try to start reading when I'm already drunk, I can't focus for shit.

Rip business.

I love reading when I'm drunk (starting out reading, though, like this user ). I appreciate prose way more when I'm drunk. But I can't remember anything, not even a sentence, when I wake up.

I'm drunk right now.

Does anyone want to paypal me some money so I can buy a book I really wanna read? I'm broke as fugg desu.

why is your toilet paper roll so far away from your toilet.

It's right in front of you, just lean forward.

no it's not, it's right in front of YOU. you lean forward.
mine is right next to me, conveniently within reach.

don't you ever fucking tell me how to lean to reach for my toilet paper.

Okay. So do you wanna send me some money? Just like $15.

>three men in a boat
i will do this

why would I give you $15 so you can buy youtself a book when I can use my $15 to buy myself a book

you fucking junkie bitch

because I'm broke and I really want to, and you can feel good about yourself for being really kind

my $15 fills me with adequate self-satisfaction, why would I give that up

I'm just asking.

Anybody else, then?

bye whore

I'm not a whore. I'm a straight white male without monday.

Under The Volcano by Malcolm Lowry.

It's brilliant.

I second this, tried it once because Hitchens and got a headache so fast

I don't know I'm never really sober except for my morning piss. I just read the Stanhope book digging up mother and that was a great one. I drank more to get in the right mind frame. I wouldn't be able to read sober the book would be shaking to much lol tip to you

It depends more on your definition of being drunk than anything. If you mean drunk to the point where your head's spinning and you're puking like a fountain, then it's obviously not going to work.

you're an alcoholic my dude

Thanks I wasn't to sure about if I was except when I touch my abdomen and my liver hurts or you mean you are too ?

Well yeah usually college freshmen girls at their first frat party typically aren't reading

I can't read while being any measure of drunk. I will never remember what I read in the morning, so what's the point? Writing is a better thing to do while drunk.

Raymond Carver etc etc
The Sun Also Rises etc

Jesus am I the only drinker here or something ?

Finnegans Wake

Nah I'm drinking right now, hence why I'm here instead of actually reading.

How old are you?

Why not both?

Maybe try when you're not on your period

Read drunk, shitpost sober.

I'll probably end up reading, but it'll be something I've read before.

Yeah I'm reading some Vonnegut so multi tasking always a good go to entertaining read, what's your poison?

>Toms

I don't save reaction images, but if I did, my pic related would be of a person with a facial expression of utter disgust.