Was he an active nihilist or existentialist?

Was he an active nihilist or existentialist?

and why one but not the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=LHTKIY4Id1AC&pg=PA142&lpg=PA142&dq=[T]he Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today....The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they&source=bl&ots=cniuKKXxZE&sig=q0qj86qtGvkzDhTxATmXni3xk5Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie5uH0r6vNAhUMO1IKHfkZBosQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=[T]he Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today....The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was redpilled about SJWs and inferior races

>"You have committed one of the greatest stupidities — for yourself and for me! Your association with an anti-Semitic chief expresses a foreignness to my whole way of life which fills me again and again with ire or melancholy. … It is a matter of honor with me to be absolutely clean and unequivocal in relation to anti-Semitism, namely, opposed to it, as I am in my writings. I have recently been persecuted with letters and Anti-Semitic Correspondence Sheets. My disgust with this party (which would like the benefit of my name only too well!) is as pronounced as possible, but the relation to Förster, as well as the aftereffects of my former publisher, the anti-Semitic Schmeitzner, always brings the adherents of this disagreeable party back to the idea that I must belong to them after all. … It arouses mistrust against my character, as if publicly I condemned something which I have favored secretly — and that I am unable to do anything against it, that the name of Zarathustra is used in every Anti-Semitic Correspondence Sheet, has almost made me sick several times."

Objecting to his sister Elisabeth, about her marriage to the anti-semite Bernhard Förster, in a Christmas letter (1887) in Friedrich Nietzsche's Collected Letters, Vol. V, #479.

Sorry :/

I'm pretty sure that's a forgery.

>"I've seen proof, black on white, that bastard Herr Dr. Förster has not yet severed his pathetic connection with the anti-Semitic movement. … Since then I've had difficulty coming up with any of the tenderness and protectiveness I've so long felt toward you. The separation between us is thereby decided in really the most absurd way. Have you grasped nothing of the reason why I am in the world? … Now it has gone so far that I have to defend myself hand and foot against people who confuse me with these anti-Semitic canaille; after my own sister, my former sister, and after Widemann more recently have given the impetus to this most dire of all confusions. After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic Correspondence my forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of emergency defense against your loathsome spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities shall not sully my ideal!!"

Draft for a letter to his sister Elisabeth Förster-Nietzsche (December 1887)

I was referring to blacks whom he hated

bump.

That really wasn't necessary

Why are you in every thread shilling?
Every thread I've read in the last ten minutes, you've posted either something about feminism or how anyone who isn't a ''progressive'' is a stupid bigot?

I'm convinced that you're a paid shill.

The majority of great philosophers, inventors, artists, and pretty much all of the ''great'' human beings you read about now... would have been considered ''right-wing'' if they were alive today.

You won't like that though, will you? It will go against the whole ''Anyone right wing is a stupid caveman bigot'' thing you've got going on

sage

Over and over again he repeats how he detests antisemitism and claimed that the Jews were the highest race of Europe.

Not really, in fact in light of his times he was probably somewhat forgiving to the savage races.

Well he's right that FN wasn't your typical /pol/turd.

He was an absolute relativist, truth, beauty, everything to him was just relative, that's at the core of his philosophy. Whether that is nihilist or existentialist or whatever is a purely semantic dispute.

>citation needed for both of those claims

>/pol/turd
absolutely one hundred percent unbiased, then...

I'm paid to shill. Every second I am paid 16 sheckles to say things you disagree with for no reason.

>"[T]he Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today....The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they were forced, as the anti-Semtes seem to want), could already be dominant, or indeed could quite literally have control over present-day Europe—this is established. The fact that they are not working and making plans to this end is likewise established. Meanwhile, what they wish and want instead...is to be absorbed and assimilated into Europe....[T]his urge and impluse...should be carefully noted and accomodated—in which case it might be practical and appropriate to throw the anti-Semitic hooligans out of the country."

This is from Beyond Good and Evil.

You haven't even read his work you fucking psued.

He's a leftist cuck and an attention whore trip, just ignore him.

Mostly this, but I'll only concede that he's a relativist cautiously.

Relativist does not mean "Values are whatever I happen to want them in a given moment, lol."
Nietzsche is always critical of those who are not honest to their facticity.

He's certainly not a Nihilist because he does believe values exist, just not absolute ones.

You can call him an existentialist if you like, but he's far greater than Sartre, who "existentialism" is most often situated around, so calling him that is a bit misleading. Existentialism still lacks a definition that I can get behind.

>he

oh wow, you just made that up.

did you get money from israel to post that?

.22 cents deposited to your account.

No one would hold those beliefs without getting paid. No one would make up fake Nietzsche quotes.

You need the redpill

Have you shaved your legbeard today?

>Nietzsche is always critical of those who are not honest to their facticity.
Yes, but based solely on *his* truth.

>He's certainly not a Nihilist because he does believe values exist
What nihilist thinker ever said values don't exist?

>Yes, but based solely on *his* truth.
That is, because dishonest to the faculty is wrong to Nietzsche solely because it is relatively wrong to him, because his perspective says so.

1 Timothy 2:12

books.google.com/books?id=LHTKIY4Id1AC&pg=PA142&lpg=PA142&dq=[T]he Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today....The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they&source=bl&ots=cniuKKXxZE&sig=q0qj86qtGvkzDhTxATmXni3xk5Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie5uH0r6vNAhUMO1IKHfkZBosQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=[T]he Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today....The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they&f=false

sorry

"If you go to see a woman, do not forget the whip!"

-Freddy N.'s prescient advice on dealing with female attention whore tripfags

>waaahhhh someone disagreed with my banal analysis of the works of one of the greatest figures in 19th century philosophy which boiled down to "lol he knew jews wus what caused all da problems and hated black ppl"
>this is bias!

I'm not going to cite statements that are blatantly obvious to anyone who has read more than some stormfront forum post about Nietzsche. He pulls no punches when speaking of savages, on the rare occasions he does, but his very philosophy had at its heart a respect for the more primal aspects of man which his contemporaries held to be unfortunate remnants of an animal past rather than something with inherent value.

When he speaks of Jews, he always does so with respect. His apparent anti-semitism is always paired with him linking Christianity to Judaism, he did this to piss off his contemporaries, many of whom considered Christianity to be wholly separate from Judaism. A large part of Nietzsche's project was to cement the ancient linkage and provide a clear framework for showing how Christian values were merely a radical interpretation of Jewish values.

He shit talks the Chinese on occasion because he sees their once great and vital civilization as the 'bad ending' for Europe, a society that is wholly too civilized.

But you're repeating the same ''leftist'' rhetoric in every thread. Attempting to discredit anyone with a differing opinion by calling them conspiracy theorists and saying shit like: ''aliens did 9/11'' etc.

Top lol, I actually laughed.
Gee, it makes complete sense that ''the idiot'' Adolf would use his work repeatedly, when it was so blatant that he believed the exact opposite. Really makes you think. He must have not read that part, right? He was just a stupid low-IQ bigoted male after all, right?
Or perhaps it was added after the fact? You know, just like how his sister apparently tampered with them too?

>You haven't even read his work you fucking psued
You're a literal feminist who was shilling for that garbage YouTube poet, the ''I'm a slut'' spoken word girl, whatever the fuck she's called... Your opinion means absolutely nothing.

That's from Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the entire point is much of the previous parts before the conclusion are absurdity mixed with fact, mixed with actual argument. You missed the point, of the point, of the character going forth and betraying everything he previously said.

>But you're repeating the same ''leftist'' rhetoric in every thread.

Yup, because it's my political ideology. Just like garbage munching is your political ideology.

>Attempting to discredit anyone with a differing opinion by calling them conspiracy theorists and saying shit like: ''aliens did 9/11'' etc.

I never said Aliens did 9/11.

>Gee, it makes complete sense that ''the idiot'' Adolf would use his work repeatedly, when it was so blatant that he believed the exact opposite. Really makes you think. He must have not read that part, right? He was just a stupid low-IQ bigoted male after all, right?
Or perhaps it was added after the fact? You know, just like how his sister apparently tampered with them too?

What are you even saying here.

>You're a literal feminist

:O

This. Hitler did nothing wrong. Actually he has been a huge inspiration on my life and beliefs

ignore the feminist shills, people.

What about the alt-right shills? Do we not ignore them?

This.

Women belong in the kitchen. Go make me a sandwich, tripfagging faggot.

MEN are talking here, with logic and rationality, unlike you and your muh feels

Every single thread on Veeky Forums has been the same lately: some user(s) roleplaying as alt-right and this tripfag engaging them.

or maybe Hitler was actually a pseud retard who was just good at working a crowd? Read his published work and you SHOULD see that he is a sentimental, paranoid dingbat who had a lot of puzzle pieces fall into place for his meteoric rise.

Shut up. Quit whining about people who disagree with you alt-right. The silent majority don't just disagree with you, they actually hate you. You're so tiresome to deal with for all involved.

>BASED Adolf Hitler
>pseud retard

Come say that to me and my friends on /pol/, and we'll show you how brainwashed you are

this is bait

yeah, because the tripfag is in almost every thread on the front page shilling feminism

who the fuck is talking about hitler? I'm talking about the fucking majority of ''great'' men that have ever walked on this fucking earth, rude boy.

same fag and or shill posting with and without tripfag name
die in a fire

This is embarrassing

> OP asks question
> everyone talks about something else

samefag and or feminist

>"That can't be true! People can't disagree with the alt-right! Shill! Shill! You're shilling!"

we need to redpill the sheeple

bait
feminists need to go away back to tumblr

Is "everyone is the same person" you're go to insult to the people gang banging you when you're getting gang banged

But women are better than men......

>it's an 'i'm going to try to make alt-right /pol/acks seem retarded by posting a leftist strawman of him' episode

Everything is a conspiracy

>getting this btfo
>getting this btfo by a tripfag
Sad!

>It's an 'I'm going to go on a website that alt-righters claim is a bastion of free speech while making fun of liberals then whine when someone makes fun of them' episode

How come pretty much all of the greatest philosophers, inventors, thinkers, musicians, writers, warriors, leaders, innovators, creatives, artists, politicians, mathematicians, scientists, (insert literally any fucking thing else here) are all men? LMAO at your life, family.

b a i t
a
i
t

I'm getting owned.................no........

Hi Savvanah

hi bob

Sure is summer in here. Can you all please go back to fucking /pol? You add nothing to the discussion and dismiss anything that isn't your extremist opinion as leftist. Stop migrating to our board. I propose we build a wall.

hit me up when your faggot boyfriend finally confesses his fetish to you
i will totally hate fuck the shit out of you while he looks on

I don't have a boyfriend, I have a girlfriend.

L
O
N
D
O
N
?

OP here

I'm not even reading the replies anymore.

He has contempt for men of weak character, not weak ethnic/social backgrounds

>Or perhaps it was added after the fact
This stuff was published during his (sane) lifetime, you mongoloid.

Nihilism is at base merely the acceptance that life, morality and so forth have no intrinsic value. Anybody could be a nihilist. It's just an objective observation. You don't have to put it into some kind of everyday practice wherein you adopt a fatalistic viewpoint of your life.

>mfw that's the only accurate post you've made, mate.

Sorry man but SJW's don't belong on Veeky Forums.

You're a social justice warrior by definition.

Suck me off cunt

nah

That's about not being an administrator/teacher in Apostolic succession. Not about being a mute.

Daily reminder women are children and this tripfag's "feminism" is a form of acting out for attention, just like dyed hair and using a trip on Veeky Forums, most likely to compensate for her romantic failures IRL

>Daily reminder women are children and this tripfag's "feminism" is a form of acting out for attention, just like dyed hair and using a trip on Veeky Forums, most likely to compensate for her romantic failures IRL

dam...u kno me so well.....o shit...

>Hitler's meteoric rise is the reason I'm a failure! He was good at working a crowd and almost conquered the Free World but he was a literal pseud retard!

And here we have a stunning example that at the bottom of all leftist griping is simply just ressentiment

>almost conquered the Free World but he was a literal pseud retard!

*put themselves in a position to get the shit raped out of them by Russia and allied forces

This dumb bastard probably hasn't even read Das Boot. Let alone watched it.

>fat dyke legbeard on an anime site criticizing someone who ascended to political power and murdered millions

Take your cries for attention and ressentiment elsewhere

I'm about 6'1 and 130 lbs. I could probably kick your ass, let's go, you me one on one

>130 lbs

lmao

So you're the fat one? Makes sense since you're alt-right.

user you're getting pummeled to death by this dyke know when to quit

>putting philosophers into boxes
pleb

Oh you poor summer child.

You bought into the "hate /pol/" meme.

Don't worry, you''ll soon grow out of it. Maybe one day you'll be as Redpilled as your father. ;-)

>Absolute relativist
From what Ive seen, doesnt he assert beauty and sublimity as undeniably worthwhile traits? In facts they are at the core of all we value; ie we value things in their accordance with either or both? Then again, he does say that they are of course relative themselves.

>(insert literally any fucking thing else here)
men aren't the best moms tho

He seems consistent on saying art is the highest value, with truth as subordinate, yes, but he doesn't consider what is beautiful or sublime to be anymore than personal perspective.

He did not believe the Jews were the highest race of Europe. He commended them on certain qualities, but they represented the epitome of ressentiment morality. Never forget that. Nietzsche was more proud of his blonde german beasts.

"Jewish" isn't a race it's a religion.