Which books make you feel like going on an adventure yet transcend children's literature?

Which books make you feel like going on an adventure yet transcend children's literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Razor's_Edge_(disambiguation)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watership Down

the razors edge

Seen the animated feature, it was alright, even great at times but I wouldn't read a book now.

Funny, just googled to see what's that and thought of Hesse as soon as I saw the description. I'm not too into spiritual journeys being at the forefront of an actual one.

Redwall
Watership Down
Plague dogs
The hobbit
Wind in the willows
Hatchet
The Chronicles of Prydain

Le Memeship of le Ring

you should concretize your request

as it sounds now a lot of books fits it, from conan the barbarian stories and to alice in wonderland and from three men in a boat to jorney to the west

no one really goes on one. just one character does. that character is only in the book 1/4 of the time until closer to the end.

there are 5 notable books named razor's edge, lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Razor's_Edge_(disambiguation)

it's obviously somerset Maughams you cunt

the time machine
moby-dick
the odyssey
Huckleberry Finn

Now thinking of it, a lot of great literature is adventurous.

I often equate it with the heyday of Colonial age. My favourite is still Hugh Lofting with his wonderful words and drawings.

Even though Blood Meridian was suppose to be as traumatic and dissuading as possible it still made me want to ride around in the west on my lowly pony

I think Border Trilogy might be even better suited to your tastes.

>the hobbit

>not children's literature

The Hobbit is legitimately good and isn't necessarily children's literature

I disagree on Hatchet though, it's a chapter book for 4th graders to read

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

A Sportsman's Notebook.

Hunger
Nostromo
Arthur Gordon Pym

Kerouac and Thompson.

Go ahead and kill me, I'm fucking waiting.

Moby Dick is 25% adventure, 75% encyclopedia on all minutiae of 19th century whaling.

Anything by Chrétien de Troyes.
(Don Quixote would agree with this)

Lord Jim

Fear and Loathing and The Road and Dharma Bums and Hell's Angels are all good books but there's not much sense of wonder, it's more of anger, neurosis, angst and drug fueled binge than anything.

The Book of the New Sun
The Odyssey
Heart of Darkness