What made you cry this week, Veeky Forums?

What made you cry this week, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8
youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my diary desu

The Orlando shooting, desu. They interviewed a mother who didn't know where her son was (obviously dead) and she couldn't hold it together. Why does it have to be like it do?

My daily shower.

That's where I do my crying.

Because people don't understand that being tolerant of intolerance doesn't work.

Muslims shouldn't be allowed in proper countries. Until people realise this and do something about it they literally deserve every bomb and bullet.

My life.
Kill yourself.

Jo Cox's death today made me pretty upset and close to crying.

I'd only agree if we could extend the same to all religious thought

m0s the intolerance meter is going off the dial on you, could you see if walking off this cliff helps bring the needle back down?

Dude was Pretty homo himself, a club regular actually. His dad was a literal CIA asset, broadcasted propaganda in AF-PAK region. Also he worked for G4S, a security company with lots of government contracts and a link to many mass shootings. It's all quite bizarre.

Myrian Arcs

>Crying
>Feeling
Absolutely plebeian

I do want to cry because the translation of Goethe I'm reading reads like it was written for children

is it luke's?

I haven't had a real cry in years but I finished Mysterious Skin last night and that got me close

>translated Goethe
>not a babby

It's Kaufmann's. The problem is more that I can't take verse that rhymes seriously, which would mean I'm the pleb and not him.

>I haven't had a real cry in years
try some steinbeck

Luke's is a good translation so I doubt it.

would the grapes of wrath do it? ;)

better choices are the pearl, mice and men, east of eden. at least, those are the ones i cried because fuckx this gay earth why do people have to be mean?

Watched Inside Out last night. That did the trick.

any opinion on atkins?

Same senpai.

Armin's death in the latest Attack on Titan chapter made me tear up a bit.

Listened to this is water because I needed some pep or advice. The end where he goes: I wish you way more than luck always gets me. I know its pretty basic advice but who does that better?

Nothing. Haven't cried for a month, when I do it's usually "people are awesome" videos or something. Cries of awe. Oh yeah, also cried watching "Les choristes" when the kids started singing

Weird things make me cry, seemingly for no reason at all.

I was on this Tomorrowland website, a website to advertise this Disney movie with George Clooney, and there was some sort of puzzle/ mini game and its background music made me cry like a little bitch.

The sheer amount of negativity is in the world right now. It sounds corny, but just, everything. It's exhausting to deal with. I just wish people stopped fighting for a second and cared for one another, I wish that more than anything.

>le sensitive trip fag tumblrina returns

i wish you would kys desu

Why would I have a tumblr. You could use some tlc too, everyone is grumpy for a reason user.

I cried last night at Rambo First Blood. The penultimate scene where he breaks down in front of the Colonel is just heart wrenching.

this

I wish some nice things could happen to you this week.

Thanks, but i still wish you would kys.

I never suggested you didn't, only that you could use a friend

/mu/ keeps trying to hurt grimes

the only friends that matter are the ones you can count on your hand

>grumpy
>tlc
>denying having a tumblr
>trip fag
>nice things
>upset by death
>thinks nature is negativity
>doesn't know ''fighting'' is human nature 101
>uses the word sheer ever
?????

This is Veeky Forums. This is not a safe space. We are all animals here.

disingenuous, I agree with this sentiment but judging by your posts you don't practice what you preach. It's alright though, everyone is a hypocrite in one way or another. If you do believe what you say on some level, that's better than nothing.

this song in the first episode of FLCL

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8

Also, Iggy's death in Ergo Proxy, and the scene where Raul launches the Rapture.

I think you need someone to give you some snugs

I finished the book thief and I know people on this board probably universally hate it (main character has virtually no personality traits) but it made me cry like a baby

That was one of the books that helped bridge the gap between YA and "real" lit for me, I really loved it.

I don't get why de Maistre is Christian and not Muslim.

Yeah, I do. Your mother, senpai.
No more you's for you today, anyway.

So you do admit you need tlc

>human nature
laughing_horses.gif

the book i'm reading

are you a girl?

Well I am human, so yes? We all do.

Fuck. Stop baiting me to reply, man.

Holy shit, I finished that this week too, and I also found myself tearing up at the last few chapters.

Weird.

Going through my inbox from November last year to find something my bank sent me. I found an email from a guy I was friends with in highschool. We weren't super close but he was pretty quiet but I found him interesting and I liked his sense of humour. We went to different colleges and he didn't make any social media etc so I figured he just wanted to find a new circle of friends etc. Hadn't spoken to him in three years when I saw the email and it basically said that he doesn't know if I was still using the email address but that he hopes I'm doing well. I looked him up on facebook but still nothing. Weird. I only saw the email this week and I emailed it back saying "hey man sorry I missed your email" etc. Got a reply on Tuesday from his sister saying her brother had passed. She didn't say how or anything but I think it's obvious.

my gf crying because I'm a terrible person

just realising how lonely i am

Off topic but can you explain to me the difference between real lit and YA. One of Sanderson's upcoming books is described as YA and it confuses me to no end. His books are not difficult and any young adult could read them. What is he going to do differently for this upcoming book that suddenly makes it YA? Are there tropes to adhere to or a syllable limit to prevent big words? I'm seriously confused.

YA books have teenage characters doing stereotypical teenager things (high school, first relationships, etc.). Fantasy books and thrillers written for adults are also at the reading level of adolescents, it's just a difference of subject matter.

Being negative is a pretty good response against shitty situations.

Being blindly optimistic makes things worse.

where do i start with de maistre he seems redpilled af

The bit where they laugh at what obviously isn't a joke always gets me. Can't remember the actual point he was making but they laugh, he stutters, then has to say "that was supposed to be an example of how not to think" and it's sad. They're missing his point and he really is misunderstood and confronted with alienation even in highbrow colleges which is the sort of environment he defined himself by. I cried at the description of the supermarket employee's life because that's what I've been doing for the past year since I left Uni and can't get a job. Hurts me every day but this is water.

Listening the Ave Maria

I find it funny how he was paired with Locke for years as a 'father of conservatism'.

Maistre was reactionary as fuck. He'd have been quite happy with a Pan-European Roman Catholic theocracy, and wars ad nauseum.

this poem made me cry
youtube.com/watch?v=vnKZ4pdSU-s

Didn't cry, but I've been feeling like absolute shit all week.
>Been alone for too long.
>Finally letting go of my feelings for this one girl I've been hung up on.
>Read Steppenwolf

>youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8

this is salty water, no tears

>Pan-European Roman Catholic theocracy, and wars ad nauseum.
sounds pretty metal desu. how does he reconcile christcuckery with this ragnar redbeard view of life though?

When I heard of the shooting I attempted to find artistic inspiration by listening to her music and watching videos. I was hoping to whip myself into one of those creative moods. Instead I just became sad. Very very sad. Like a buzzsaw applied to my soul.

I thought that tragedy was supposed to inspire great art? That's what made the lost generation so great, right? Maybe it's the lack of absinthe.

>I thought that tragedy was supposed to inspire great art?
Is your life so fucking empty that some celebrities death is the only tragedy in it?

Jesus fucking Christ.

YOU WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AN ''ARTIST'' BRO. THE ONLY REASON YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT NOW IS BECAUSE IT IS THE COOL THING TO BE RIGHT NOW, AND BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET MEANS MORONS CAN PRETEND.

Fuck me, I hate you and everything you represent.

Mississippi john hurt

>Is your life so fucking empty that some celebrities death is the only tragedy in it?

Well, yes. Until I received a hospital bill yesterday, equal to six months of salary.

As for the rest of your post, what cool thing? Writing is a solitary exercise in loneliness and regret. I'm sure you are barking up the wrong tree here.

I sat orthogonally to a young mother and her baby girl on my commute this morning. Just seeing her being so happy made me tear up a little

Finally got around to reading The Brothers Karamazov. The scenes with Ilyusha and his father really hit me, especially when his father is trying to cheer him up on his death bed.

>Writing is a solitary exercise in loneliness and regret

you have no understanding of what writing is. This is not meant to insult you, just make you think harder.

Yes, they do laugh several times throughout where it is unwarranted and he's being dead serious. If it makes you feel better I'm in a similar situation but I'm going back to school as I never finished. Ive spent the last year working in a mail room which includes shredding old law documents for entire work-months sometimes. However I get to listen to podcasts and think by myself for the entire day which is pretty okay. I've found his message resonating more deeply as I get older in that choosing what to think about is the only freedom. Good luck with the job search user (or more.)

I'm also in a position (mostly self inflicted) with a rundown job working part time
I want to go back to school but there's something holding me back and I'm not smart enough to know what it is

That's cute

I love somebody who doesn't love me back.

Hod me Veeky Forums

Look, I'll post wojak if that cheers you up. See wojak? He's like you.

Your situation is as cliché as it gets but whatever

>Hod me
Lrn 2 cpell & kys.

Moved up on my to read list.

I had to ask for help to cover rent this month and broke down when I realized it was my only option.

my disappointing life

It's okay user, I'm sure you'll make it through this.

I'm drunk obviously

I know I'll make it through, that's never been much of a fear. I'm from a well off family that I can always rely on in the worst case scenario. I just feel terribly ashamed that I had to.

>I just feel terribly ashamed that I had to.
It's alright user, I can empathize with that feeling.I hope you at least learned something out of this.

Fuck you
I break down every waking moment
Further down
I have no well off family, I have nothing to guide
The worst day you have ever experienced
Is just one brief moment of the day, in my life
You will die not knowing...

k

My my, how self absorbed are you~
You'll never grow as a person acting like that user

when i spent my birthday alone, drinking spicy beer at a shithole bar, not really knowing whether i'll be homeless or not by next week

>when someone points at the fire destroying your bedroom, the solution is to kill the guy and pretend there's no fire.
No wonder we're in this deep shit, with little shitstains like you two.
I hope your gf or mother or sister gets raped by these savages. Let's see how """tolerant""" you are then.

meme meme meme meme
my my my my my my my

White men rape too. Why not kill all men? Do you think there's a reasonable amount of rape?

when it's evident that certain races rape more than any other even while being a minority of the population... thats a problem, buddy.

social ______
théorie des étiquettes

I'm not tolerant, I'm just indifferent m8. It's far less work.

You want to go out and drive the Muslim hordes back from wherever, you go do that, but you're still just as intolerant as them. Both are about as important to me as people with peanut allergies, and I'm going to take about the same level of precaution.

wat
please don't tell me the facts and statistics are raycis

>tfw autistic enough that no one likes you but not autistic enough that you're unaware no one likes you

>but you're still just as intolerant as them.
Incorrect. Wanting your homeland to propser and survive is not intolerance, really... is it?

The K-On! Movie, specifically the song for Azusa