Meaning of life

dump all arguments and counter-arguments related to the meaning of life or lack thereof. I want to be completely pulled apart by the two arguements

Breed white children and subjugate women and nonwhites

The meaning is to find God and to know him, because he is life - eternal life. The meaning is to do the will of God, to serve God, and to follow his commands. The meaning is to demonstrate the reality of God by obedience to God.

We aren't doing so well anymore..

The universe is a dying god, and the purpose of life is to consume the divine corpse

To attract the favor of God and gain mystical powers

AFAIK 'what is the meaning of life' is an empty question. What you need to ask is 'what is the meaning of *my* life' since it is different for every person.
The journey for purpose is at its heart on a road for one and your only companions are the ones heading vaguely in the same direction as you are.

I like this one though

>Crushing your enemies
>Seeing them driven before you
>Hearing the lamentation of their women

>have you tried googling it?

To live

Then we all end up failing spectacularly, don't we?

My heart is still pumping. One day it will stop. Probably

This comment section is pretty spooky. There is no meaning to life. Y'all are just too depressed with the truth that you hide behind your idealistic concepts of morality and purpose.

To come up with a life narrative that satisfies your own sensibilities.

Treat yourself as an all-encompassing entity, appreciating even the parts of you which you had no conscious control over creating, and respect that entity and its feelings and goals. Therefore, everything you do and feel has meaning with respect that that entity called "yourself." It isn't made up meaning, either, because it exists with respect to your innate, internal goals.

haha I really, really like this picture.

You can save it my friend, I give you permission

Linus Torvalds already solved this.

you are a little pissbaby

I am screaming death, the song of life.

The meaning of life is to experience death.

really though, google it and find a summation of historical philosophical arguments for/against purpose it'll be much better than anything Veeky Forums shitposters can come up with

all people are telepathically connected by mind waves

your feelings impact the feelings of those around you, e.g. if your parents died in a car crash and you replay the memories in your mind then other people will think of similar situations in their own life

9/11 was cosmic retaliation for hiroshima and nagasaki

cars are becoming the dominant life form on earth and we are their servants

jet fuel can't melt steel memes

The funny thing is that a lot of this shit is true except for that 9/11 was cosmic retaliation for hiroshima and nagasaki.

Will god be mad if I wack-off to rule 63 renditions of him?

idk try and see

>meaning of life

know yourself, control yourself

To realign yourself with our creator.

There is no 'meaning' as such, only pure egotistical hedonism. The fate of humanity is to advance to such grotesque levels of technological advancement, that the final collective push will be to take the ultimate trip and commit ourselves to total species extinction, in order to enjoy the greatest and final headfuck indulgence of self-genocide

define "meaning of life"

To live an aesthetic life through art and experiences. Basically this

Please recommend reading on this subject. I hear this thought like every time I come here and it interests me profoundly but I don't know who's idea it is

I tip my fedora to you, fine gentleman

the actual answer

Camus is good desu. Epictetus too.

All men have in common death, and most of them think too (stillborn babies and absolute madmen, do they really think?). By thinking they distance themselve from animals. The meaning of life is to ask yourself the question of the meaning of life and post dank pepes, which is the memeing of life

ATWA

The meaning of life can be summed thus: to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." And "to love your neighbor as yourself.”

At the heart of these in turn is the pursuit of virtue, since as far as we fail to master patience, generosity, prudence, self-control, humility, discipline, etc. we miscarry in these commitments to others.

That this is so is borne out by our social nature, which itself points to God as our designer.

The question assumes a purpose, an aim, that is an objective feature of reality, without which there can be no meaning in any real sense. And to hold to a materialist view that denies teleology by insisting that Nature be undirected then you relinquish the question prematurely. There can be no meaning for you, since your metaphysical commitments deny its possibility.

Meaning is contingent on communicative intent.

Nothing means anything unless it is intended to do so.

Ask your parents why they had you, if they don't come up with a good reason; you were created entirely out of accidental whim and your life is "meaningless".

This isn't anything to be upset about though.

>implying your 'actual' answer won't inevitably result in the former under the technological conditions of capitalism

if everyone is living according to their own constructed self-narrative, then there is no mutual ground to form a communitarian peace where all narratives are respected and held as mutually compatible. Your line of thinking is the kind which catalyses radical islam and school shootings

L Ron Hubbard says the meaning of life is to "Survive".

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps it is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands past a critical point, we are at last able to accept that life's only fundamental purpose is life itself.