What do you guys think of Charles Manson's ramblings? They say he's crazy, but he makes a lot of sense to me

What do you guys think of Charles Manson's ramblings? They say he's crazy, but he makes a lot of sense to me...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqcTVVUFnKQ
youtu.be/prbmbHGJ9wY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off

Can you give an example of things he's said that you agree with ?

You first boob gap

Reporter: What do you think of it?

Charles Manson: Everything, nothing. Everyone's got something to blame, because no one wants to look inside themselves.

Reporter: What do you see when you look inside yourself?

Charles Manson: When I look inside myself? I see everything. I see all I've the good bad the evil I see the whole thing

Reporter: How much evil is there?

Charles Manson: As much as you see.

Reporter: What do you see?

Charles Manson: All of it. (laughter) Right down to peaks you haven't touched yet. Dreams you haven't dreamed, and worlds you haven't conquered. The mind is endless. You put me in a dark solitary cell, and to you that's the end, to me it's the beginning, there's a world in there...and I'm free.

Really? He seems like an uneducated lunatic to me. Or have you just heard the beginning of Beware and think he's some sort of lone genius

you're the worst tripfag in quite a long time on Veeky Forums. Congratulations. I'll take feminister or butterfly any day of the week over your tumblr-core ass

What's Beware?

a little poetic, maybe. But empty nonetheless

I haven't seen butterfly shitpost all that much so he's okay in my book

Death Grips song. Intro is a Manson monologue. It's pretty entertaining as long as you don't give it credence

I don't remember specifics but I definitely remember watching videos of him saying some legitimately insightful things. I think prison somehow provided him with an environment that allowed his mind to unwind itself because he's genuinely intelligent, coherent, and well-thought.

I vaguely remember him talking about how the church's concept of tithing should be applied to every aspect of a person's life because they take so much from their environment, mostly without realizing it. Sort of giving a little bit back to every system you take from or something to that effect

Yeah. They're faggots automatically because of the tripcode, but she's not so bad as far as faggots go

Oh I don't listen to fantano reddit meme music sorry.

You asked what it was and I told you, nobody asked for your cool music opinions

The Death Grips song. They used a clip from one of his parole hearings or something in the beginning of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uqcTVVUFnKQ

Empty? Empty how? Don't just throw criticisms that don't apply, Nabakov.

nebulous thoughts from a serial killer. no points, no proofs, no conclusions, just banal rambling.

>reads a single sentence from an interview
>no points, no proofs, no conclusions, just banal rambling
and that ad hominem. just stop posting lad

>nabakov

Proofs and conclusions are phonywork

the onus is on you to present evidence of his genius. i'm just going off what you post here.

hey relax lil man. i don't think anybody called Charles a genius.

If you actually look at the interview blurb you posted, you'll realize that he doesn't really say anything, but remains deliberately vague and obtuse by responding with 'everything, nothing, good and evil, eye of the beholder, etc.' Doesn't say a single cogent thing. His phrasing is cute though, which is why I granted poetic

I wish Dennis Wilson had killed him.

I think that as a mode of criticism his reading of the Bible via pop music is worth thinking about, if only as one of the forerunners for the current trend in critical theory that insists we examine things through pop music. As was the conman-Jesus idiom he concocted out of street-hippie lingo, the music scene, and pimping.

He's a lot more interesting as a person and figure of hippie bogeyman than as a thinker.

who isn't relaxed? this is bad damage-control

pull your pants back up faggot your talking to like 3 people, all of whom just made passing comments. I posted and As for your "onus is on you" claim fuck off with that, actin like I'm gonna take a Veeky Forums chat seriously. If you want to hear Manson speak, look it up yourself. If you want to have a pissing contest go to /pol/

If you cannot intuit with what he's saying, I feel sorry for you.

you seem unnecessarily mad

>your talking to like 3 people, all of whom just made passing comments

breh, so are you.

of course I can, I'm just saying that he didn't say anything particularly profound, but it had the veneer of profundity due to his vague mystical phrasing. He's just parroting 'alpha and omega' Revelations sentiment in his own way, it's no great feat of stunning intellect. If anything it just further demonstrates his deluded Messiah complex

why empty hes saying all of our fears are projections of ourselves and we make our own worlds in our heads

But isn't that profound in itself and speaks magnitudes about his intelligence if he can arrive at the same conclusions biblical text has?

considering he was well-known to read the Bible often, I don't think he came to those conclusions independently of scripture. More likely that he just copped it and mixed it with his own delusions of grandeur. But if you want to sanctify a known megalomanical .conman then have at it

this hasn't been a novel idea since Freud

lol dood phenomenology has him beat by about 100 years there

he wasn't crazy outside of being a psychopath...a lot of the "crazy" was an act for the court or just to fuck with people

Yeah, it's a bit of a romantic opinion, but you have to admit his iconic, revelatory nature. He's a product of the prison system. He's a prophet and a con man.

Even his name, Manson- Man's Son. It's fucking biblical, it's fatal.

You can take a clinical, detached, scientific view. You can diagnose him, I even understand he's also somewhat medicated these days.

But you can also see him as mirror. He's a fantasy, someone who lives completely different than you. Someone who finds freedom in a cell. He spouts nothing but lies, yet is himself a bit of truth.

He's a fundamental objection to Humanism: how can we be equal to, let alone love, someone so mad and anti-social, someone who is maybe incapable of loving and respect oneself?

He's a fundamental objection to Christianity: how can someone so evil be forgiven and saved? And yet, isn't his persecution so Christ-like? He walked among prostitutes, drug addicts, prisoners and orphans. He sits in jail for the sins of our deranged prison society.

He's an objection to Systems Theory and Evolutionism. He's an apex predator, an alpha male, a priest and leader. He's an expected outcome of our free and open society, essentially an acceptable loss of life and productivity, an unremarkable, insane malcontent. One of thousands of such disruptive individuals. But can we live with such a reaction? Isn't there some so objectionable about Manson, so unacceptable, that society must change to prevent a repeat?

Much like... Maya Angelou, he's lived a fucked up life and very quotable for it, but that's pretty much it.
I do like his way with words.
I think he said to Diane Sawyer, "When I stand on the mountain and say do it, it gets done. If it don't get done, then I'll move on it."
I've always wondered if that was from the bible or just him.

>Even his name, Manson- Man's Son. It's fucking biblical, it's fatal.

yikes grow up my dude

Reminder he ordered people to die just because he was butthurt at the industry for lying to him

He would've made a good philosopher

Wouldn't it be Man-Son, not Man's Son? That would be Mansson. Man-Son changes the meaning completely, child is the father of man, child is the son of man...

your love-letter makes it quite clear how he was able to draw so many acolytes

how to filter annoying tripfags:

1. Highlight the tripcode (not including the name, in this case !!DQ4uaSYakfr)
2. click the little arrow next to the post number
3. Select "filter selected text"
4. Check the "hide" box
5. Your browsing experience is now improved.

lol this is fucking cringe

Explain

>cringe

not only is this thread not Veeky Forums, the ideas being expressed are so trite and redundant that the only remarkable thing here is the number of books people haven't read.

Put your trip back on and go back to your cancerous commie thread you cocksucker

you're speculating on a speculation over the absence of an 's' as if hermeneutic interpretation is supposed to be some literal translation of phonemes. Like there was actually some preordained meaning to the fact that his name is Manson and it's not just a convenient coincedence of metaphore

agreed, it's super obvious that the extent of people's knowledge of manson in this thread comes from wikipedia and youtube videos. Read a fucking book

Hey, I admit it's a fantasy. It's romantic. It's "edgy". That's part of why I wrote it in such a poetic, style.

Are we supposed to read manson through some clinical, analytic mode? Should we talk about him using the language of the Justice System, or Medicine or Christian Moralism or Humanist Moralism?

I say fuck that. Has he written a novel? No, but he's produced plenty of words. It's not even that much of a pomo gesture to suggest that we read his "text".

You can treat his delusions like fiction. He's imagined a terrifying world where he is Jesus made of God and Man. Just because his philosophy is "objectively" wrong, doesn't mean it isn't interesting. It's a philosophy of a world that may or may not exist.

You might call his speeches and ramblings, Fictional Philosophy. Who cares if he hasn't written a novel or great book. Socrates also refused to read and write.

Nowhere is everywhere. Anywhere is everywhere. Everywhere there is right here, right here is all the here in everywhere. That’s one air everywhere.

What you heard is the sound of my word. My mouth is the mouth of the lion in the English words, and the feet of the USSR bear is the feet of the bear in the emperor of everywhere.

If I am here and you are there, everywhere is in my here. And my here, there, in the mouth of the lion and the feet of the bear, in the empty submarine of the balance of the air. The air is everywhere, ATWA, all the way alive, ATWA.

Without the air, there’s no one anywhere, everywhere. My-me here, there, the mouth of the lion, and the heart of the star in the bear, everywhere.

Charles Manson

July 7, 2015

youtu.be/prbmbHGJ9wY
There’s only one. You’re not a man, you’re not a woman, you’re a My-me. My-me, there’s only one. We are married in Eternity, in the Truth, as the Emperor and the Empress of Love.

We command peace on Earth for everyone. And love for all living life forms, as my-me. We’re all my-me, to me, inside of all the yous. Starting with the lowest among us, starting with the lowest, the last, little creature with no arms, with no legs.

Charles Manson