So I'm wanting to read Being and Nothingness. What do I need to read to understand it or can I dive right in...

So I'm wanting to read Being and Nothingness. What do I need to read to understand it or can I dive right in. I have basic-tier philosophy under my belt (Greeks, Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche for the most part).

Other urls found in this thread:

pacificinstitute.org/pdf/Letter_on_ Humanism.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't yet read it but if it's like any other Sartre work he'll spoonfeed you before introducing anything heavy. He wrote for common man.

Sartre = pseudo-intellectual wankery.

The pseudo-intellectual's favorite word: pseudo-intellectual.

Literally asking about a book and any prerequisite books needed and you pull the move. Quite dumb sir

This is starting to get a bit too meta for me.

>book =/= literature

So therefore book = history?

>being this new

Veeky Forums is the history & humanities board, including philosophy

>Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche
>basic tier

No. You didn't understand.

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/. Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, but ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer.

Explain

refer to

Let's start with Kant. What was Kant's project?

Heidegger and Husserl wouldn't hurt. I'm reading through without having read those and it isn't so bad. There are PDFs from several classes devoted to the book that are easily found with a Google search. I would say go for it and look up what you don't understand.

Just read this and skip Sartre

pacificinstitute.org/pdf/Letter_on_ Humanism.pdf

>encouraging posters to skip gigantic chunks of work because you ideologically disagree with them

>tripping AND shitposting

How was that a shitpost. Do you know what a shit post is? Don't f*#ck8ing test me dude..........I'm on edge......

it helps if you understand heidegger, but if you understand heidegger you have literally nothing to learn from sartre. his decriptions and anecdotes are entertaining though