Is Dostoevsky good?

Is Dostoevsky good?

It depends, for me sometimes it's a little slow.

Depends. If you're reading for plot, no.
If your reading for characters and reflection, he's one of the best.

Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously.

pretty much this.

Crime and Punishment made me feel like I was going insane along with the character. It was great. To me his books were always mentally taxing but rewarding at the same time. Imo he is not at all an author that you pick up and read before bed but rather one specifically allocate time to.

>Dostoevsky
>good

Go to bed Nabby

He a bad bitch

Is this going to be posted in every thread now?

This book actually made me cry. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Not his "best" work but I was shocked how much it made me feel.

Is there a polemic againat N.'s view of dosto written by a good literary critic?

Most of his books have like five competing plot lines wherein the 'main' plot could be expressed in a fifth of the space, so if you like that (I love it) he's good. There's a shitton of psychology in his works so you really have to immerse yourself in it

No, because any serious literary critic agrees with Nabokov.

>Most of his books have like five competing plot lines

wooah 0_0

this is not even true

What isn't true

form what i've read, there really aren't 5 plot lines

Yeah, that book got my heart rate up a few times. It also was one of the few books to ever make me cry.

the best

I cant think of no other major classic writer that is more relevant nowadays

>now
you missed Dostoevskij's threads in the last 2 years or more

I agree

Eventually, after a topic (author, book, whatever) has been meme'd enough, the threads begin to write themselves. I'm not sure exactly how to articulate what's going on... But it's kind of fascinating, because it leads to thread death.

Remember the read/expected/got threads? Eventually the threads would be autofilled with memes (eg. Corn) and inevitably someone would reply with the "it's not corn it's wheat" copypasta. And so on.

Dostoevsky, Fyodor.

Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously.

The Double. His best work, though an obvious and shameless imitation of Gogol's "Nose."
The Brothers Karamazov. Dislike it intensely.
Crime and Punishment. Dislike it intensely. Ghastly rigmarole.

Too late senpai