What is the edgiest book you ever read?

What is the edgiest book you ever read?

Your diary.

Ham on Rye or No Longer Human.

Disliked both.

By Steven Hall. The ideas in the book are really cool but the writing is just horrible and incomplete.

classic edgecore

The road.

Most of Nietzsche's work really tested my patience for edginess.

If only he had drove into one of those brick walls, I would have been saved the level of pretentiousness that is spewed across this book's pages.

>The ideas in the book are really cool
what is it

the catcher In the rye
snowcrash

Temple of the golden pavilion was pretty edgy

Probably American Psycho

hypersphere desu senpai

>literally baiting a bear in it's den
ishyddt

>rape
>kidnapping
>murder
>cannibalism
>incest
>hebephilia
>necrophilia
>genocide
>racial intolerance

Didn't even finish it. Read like a bad /b/ gay gorefic.

I wish Burroughs was still alive so I could introduce him to shitposting and memes.

I couldn't finish 120 days of Sodom so I can't count that.
Maybe The Painted Bird.

Reading Damned rn, so I guess that. You guys hate Chucky P, right?

If Burroughs was alive now, he'd never have written Naked Lunch, since everyone would have seen crappy smut in the internet and he could not dream of offending people the same way in a novel.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Ghost written by a New York Jew who had never been to the South.

Marquis de Sade was fucking edgy but the guy went just full out on 120 Days of Sodom. He was actually edging out because he was in prison.

Right. Read DeLillo and Ellis then tell me if he still does anything for ya

Crash by JG Ballard or
Justine by Marquis de Sade

You find Bukowski edgy?

The Bible. Not just saying that to be an asshole, I really mean this.

bukowski is extremely edgy, he has been a cancer for poetry.

Why

>DeLillo
>edgy
really, what book?

I like poetry, and I actually like some of his poetry.

>I actually like some of his poetry.
sure, but as a whole he's been terrible to literature.

Because the stuff that's written in it is bananas. I haven't gotten around to the Quran, but, I'm expecting it to be more of the same.

Edgy, though?

Does this picture look too much like a human eye to be coincidental to anyone else?

Not saying edgy, his work covered the same ground before and to subtler effect. Phlnk names him as an influence.

i thought goatse

ah, thought you ment in terms of edgyness

Grendel

if you gaze long into a bear, the bear also gazes into you

O shit nigga, I had to read that before I got to cmu, fucking horrendous book and pretentious as hell

Depends on the definition of edgy I guess (or is there only one).

house of leaves but shittier
amnesia

Tell me yours

Why do you say that? It's not like what he's written has forcibly changed anything. If you don't like a certain writer, then why not just ignore them?

>hebephilia
But that's normal.

seconded

i finished it but i had no fucking clue what i just read

the movie was really good, it was an amalgamation of Burrough's life and the book itself. As usual, Cronenberg does his job well

>No Longer Human

jesus christ that book was a such a disappointment. i was expecting something really actually tragic/depressing, but instead its about some guy who has women throw themselves at him, but he's too big of a pussy to keep them in line.

Babyfucker definitely.

It was still interesting though.

When young, uninitiated readers of poetry discover Bukowski, they think that writing sentences and breaking them up into something resembling a poem is the same thing as writing free verse.

There really aren't any edgy books. They're all pretty dull and innocuous in that regard.

Something in the ballpark might be Stephen King's Rage. It was a pretty good short story and was popular with many people who carried out violent acts in schools. It came to the point where King ultimately self-censored the story from ever being published again.

I wouldn't consider de Sade's books "edgy." I feel they're more a realist's analysis of "absurd' subjects. To call his books edgy would be to call newspapers "edgy" for reporting on the Orlando Pulse shooting.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I read this last year.

It's as though some guy thought that house of leaves wasn't gimmicky, pretentious or poorly written enough and wrote his own book adhering to his garbage sensitivities.

This book is so shitty that not even reddit seems to like it, despite it having the accessible shallowness and pretend erudition that they eat up over there.

Cows, by Matthew Stokoe.
It also made me reevaluate my life when I got a boner on multiple occasions.

>depressed as hell

Ichi The Killer is an amazing manga, sad the movie was so low budget

Amnesia and delusion.

Candide probably, unless we count Name of the Wind and usual atheist fantasy drivel

What was edgy about candide?

For edgemaster shitlords who prefer contemporary edge:

Behead All Satans

Got an epub/pdf link, user?

Try Homunculus by the same guy, its just as good

naked lunch desu. didn't hate it for it though

you must be 18 years old to post on Veeky Forums

The end of Alice and naked lunch

I don't even know what the difference is senpai. I write free verse poems and try to make them have a decent if irregular meter (basically don't go above or under two syllables per average line), is that decent free verse or what

How the hell did you find To Kill a Mockingbird edgy? Are you sure you now what that word means?

Came to say this. People defending him always say that "hey he wasn't that bad it's just meme" but if you read some of his wrtiings, you can tell that it's the language of your average 4channer.

Just got this yesterday and it's real disturbing so far. It's similar to The Wasp Factory

I used to have a policy of finishing every book I started, but after finishing Naked Lunch I changed that policy. Total garbage.

Delete this

All I know about this book is that it was memed on Oprah or something and my mom said it would change her life. She still hasn't read a book in 40 years

is lolita considered edgy?

only conceptually

lol'd

I had a sensible chuckle

This is the opinion of someone who cannot on any level connect to another human being.

I was just thinking about this today, how most people are unable to connect to fictional characters at all because they don't understand the concept of giving a shit about anything but themselves.

meter isn't about number of syllables, it's about which syllables are stressed

No Longer Human had no realistic characters to connect to.

I can't stop seeing an eye in this photo.

>hebephilia
not edgy

>head fake

Catcher in the rye
Caulfield reminds me of myself and I hate him for that.