What's your excuse for not reading this yet?

What's your excuse for not reading this yet?
Alternatively, NYRB general thread.
>in b4 Stoner

Other urls found in this thread:

amfirstbooks.com/IntroPages/NonToolbarTopics/Reconciling_Libertarianism_and_Nationalism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds interesting, and I'm always on the lookout for testimonies of bohemian/intellectual groups from the female members' point-of-view.

it sounds good

ill download it

thanks op

>falling for the nyrb pr made on this board
n1

>I'm always on the lookout for testimonies of bohemian/intellectual groups from the female members' point-of-view

I'm just bummed it has so few ratings on goodreads and it isn't as widely read as other novels from the period bc it's truly one of the best books I've ever read.

Love me some nyrb

This is the only NYRB book I own. I've only read The Pedersen Kid so far. Surprisingly amusing for a story about some random fucks in bumfuck nowhere. Maybe Gassposter might be onto something.

Have you read The Recognitions yet? If so you may wanna check out Gass's Middle C.

Planning on getting a few more of these, Warlock is the only one I own but it's a lovely book. Feels like a higher quality than Penguin.

Planning on getting Skylark since I want to read more Hungarian literature and Autobiography of a Corpse sounds very interesting.

I have, but I'm holding off on getting more Gass books until I go through the rest of Gaddis' stuff, which I have all of except J fucking out of print R.

I'm hyped for what they're putting out the rest of the year.

Henry Green (the best Green), new Walser, Doblin, two Bresson books, new Krzhizhanovsky

Also love these Green covers

skylark is my favourite ever

As good as Satantango, The Transylvania trilogy and Journey by Moonlight? Hungarian lit is pretty damn amazing.

Anyone here familiar with Elizabeth David?

Was thinking of getting this.

sure; it's literally my favourite book
i do love krasznahorkai something awful though

NYRB should be putting out hardbacks. These things will quickly disintegrate.

most nyrb have shit reviews. no thanks

So far I am half way through this; it is a good read:
amfirstbooks.com/IntroPages/NonToolbarTopics/Reconciling_Libertarianism_and_Nationalism/

I started it, but all the exclamation marks at the beginning put me off.

>MR. PAPENMEYER was ashamed of his celery!
>Look at it. Frozen, for one thing; coarse; brown; ill-natured. He let the stalks snap toughly from his fingers.
>Eric Papenmeyer could not find it in his heart to sell her celery, with celery in the shameful state it was!

Great NYRB:
Warlock
30 Years War - Wedgwood
Memed, My Hawk
A Memoir of the Warsaw Uprising
The Battle for Egypt
Fatale
The Glory of the Empire
Unforgiving Years
Stoner
Butcher's Crossing
THE THREE CHRISTS OF YPSILANTI
The Stalin Front
THE SIEGE OF KRISHNAPUR
The Glass Bees
Diary of a Man in Despair
The Stones of Aran
and a subscription please

>not forming your own opinion

total pleb

How do you like the doll? assigned book in my high school

r8 my shelf

except its not yours

I think it's someone from the tinychat, I'd asked him to post his NYRB Classics in a bookshelf thread once. He had over a hundred.

Wish you'd take a clearer picture though.

it chills out with that after the first chapter which is pretty short, took me a few starts to get past it

There's like 500 nyrb books, why do i have to have an excuse for not reading some of them.

I'd rather not take my chances

what books have bad reviews? and do you mean on goodreads?

well OP for starters. has 3.5 on goodreads. thus making it utter shit.

post your goodreads buddy :)

I don't have one

Then you sir, are a stupid faggot. Congratulations! If you give this ticket to my receptionist, Ms. Pennytackle, she'll hand you an appropriate t shirt.

>using goodreads reviews

JESUS CHRIST

back to plebbit you go my fiend

NYRB is a pretty based publishing company

>Hey I want to talk about this awesome book!
>Nope, let's circle jerk about the publisher instead
I feel for ya, OP. The NYRBsters are scum.

He gave us leave to make it an
>nyrb general thread

>I'm always on the lookout for testimonies of bohemian/intellectual groups from the female members' point-of-view.

Do you live in Poland? It is 19th century realism at its best. It is kind of like a polish war and peace.

Yes because Veeky Forums has enough traffic to make this a viable PR strategy.
>kindly kill yourself

reading this now and it's gr8

pic related is my favorite thing they've published

I just read Augustus and it gave me chills. So thats good i guess.

Not to mention that, according to the classified in the NYRB, they are actively targeting 50-75 year old intellectuals, retirees, and professors emeritus

has anyone read her other books? any hungarians on here?

This is my favourite. An amazing read.
Also really liked
>The Invention of Morel
>Hard Rain Falling
>The Long Ships
>Skylark
>Journey By Moonlight.

another translation is getting published in october, iza's ballad iirc