Depression and bleakness

What are some good books to tackle depression and bleakness? Lately my father's health has been getting even worse and he simply doesn't seem to improve and moneys getting tight. Someone suggested the enchiridion before but what translation woukd u guys recommend?

Maybe you shouldn't wallow in your own sadness?

>Maybe you shouldn't wallow in your own sadness?

This honestly. Read something easy and fun to distract yourself like ASOIAF or something.

maybe you should go to /adv/ if you want to be an armchair therapist?

to op, look up the exit-level Veeky Forums chart

I own half of these what should I do?

I don't want to. That's why im asking how do I tackle it. Meditations helped me before

Get caught up in an epic. ASOIAF, Dune, the Odyssey, anything immersive and long.

Probably it's too late man.

Have you tried reading them?

>armchair
Meme response emo.

the last row isn't real

who the fuck is didion

Sun and Steel
Storm of Steel
The Sickness Unto Death
The Upanishads

yes it is?

what if i want to dive deeper into depression, paranoia and madness.

anybooks that are the opposite of what OP is looking for?

someone edited the original to add their personal favorites or something

Mishima and Plato make sense for the board at least but how do you not know Joan Didion?

Stoner
The Book of Job
The Bell Jar
Outer Dark

yeah there's this great book called Get Some Hobbies and Go Outside

honestly, the things that uplift people are as variable as the things that bring them down, there isn't a definitive optimismcore. looking for answers in the interpretation of literature is paradoxical in that you need to already know a truth to see it reflected in lit, and if you agree with that then you'll find that pretty much anything can be "optimistic" if you read it within a certain mindset

siddhartha always makes me happy, so does robinson crusoe and any other "wacky adventure" novels, the iliad and the odyssey, rumi and rilke, and goosebumps

>who the fuck is didion
get the fuck off Veeky Forums

Most creative types were extroverts, painters all had circles, constantly used models, traveled for exhibitions, traveled for inspiration, would stay with other friends.

I know you're posting this pic as a joke but it's ridiculous some introvert clown thinks its right.

Thanks

Fuck that. I might lose my job, hurt myself so I can't rub anymore or stop talking to my friend and family, but my depression will always be there for me.

Thats one way to look at it