What are some books with /r9k/ tier protagonists and/or themes?

what are some books with /r9k/ tier protagonists and/or themes?

Crooked glasses are gross

notes from underground

i heard if you kill yourself they give you some books like that in the afterlife, try it out

The Catcher in the Rye has a depressed, edgy, socially awkward narrator.

Seymour Glass is borderline autistic and PTSD.

Pretty much every major novel concerning a love story involves a sad, desperate, overly sensitive and emotional male who is rejected and devastated by it.

I want books about people like them, not books recommended by people like them

conflating the two would be like conflating lolita and 50 shades of grey

How the fuck is there any similarity between the underground man and "robots" with victim-complexes who are filled with ressentiment and spend their time wallowing in self-pity?

the underground man is filled with ressentiment and spends a ton of time wallowing in self pity

the front page of reddit

pic related
The Book of Disquiet (bonus points for being almost as intolerable as /r9k/)

Metro 2033

The protagonist (Artyom) talks like 10 times in the whole book, is an utter failure with women, and is a complete pushover to everyone else he encounters.

It's pretty ok writing, I listened to the audiobook while at work, it includes some spoopy train sounds between chapters.

no

the whole ordeal with bumping into a guy as revenge seems autistic enough to merit comparisons

come back when you've actually read the book

Book of Disquiet
Notes From Underground
No Longer Human (actually most of Dazai is whiny and self-pitying)

No. It is you who has clearly not read the book as evidenced by your obvious mistake in comparing frog people to the underground man. This, in turn, makes me want to invite you to actually read it and then return here with your newfound (and correct) understanding.

Yes. Nothing. An empty page. That's it.

/r9k/ may as well be the unknown dead of a thousand years ago. No one knows and no one particularly cares.
They contribute nothing and therefore will vanish without a trace.

you are trying so hard it's nauseating. just read the book, kid.

Listen, sweetheart. You clearly aren't intellectually mature enough for this place. Now scoot off and return to your anime and 'vidya' while the adults talk, okay honey?

oh, it's nice to think about it that way. thanks user.

Yeah, Underground Man is not in any way comparable to the average /r9k/ stain.
You just didn't fully comprehend Notes From Underground when you read it. You made the mistake that only people who don't read enough make... Normies and Harry Potter fans and the like.

This means that you're probably a 100-120 IQ turbo-pleb.

No worries

keep talking, it's just making everyone cringe

the brief wondrous life of oscar wao

really great read, pure r9kshit protag who wants to be Veeky Forums.

You forgot your Pepe the frog man pic

you're projecting harder than an imax theater buddy

Keep telling yourself that, kid

i already did the kid thing, be original at least, if you're not gonna read the starter kit.

Jesus this was embarrassing to read

You're probably not even white, De'Shawn

>unironically thinking it wasn't to satirize the ', kid' comment

That's the point.

He may be analytic and "smart" based on that sense alone, but ultimately he is just lives in a stupid and pointless way

His lifestyle and r9ks fall together very closely

seeYou're so wrong it hurts

>Le you just didn't get ot xD

You probably also defend shit lines like "sugary pistons were sweet machines" when you listened to ITAOTS to fit in with the cool kids, same as you're doing here.

There is nothing to "get". Even the underground man himself basically admits his whole reasoning is heavily layed in irony. While again he does put alot of thought into it, he still ends up doing the same thing as a robot. The reasons may be different but its the same thing.

Maybe amerifats are just mad they have to read subpar translations. Or maybe the English version is poorly translated that would lead to not understanding the actual concept.

>This means that you're probably a 100-120 IQ turbo-pleb.
is this a meme now?

Hmm.. Notes From Underground maybe

this is correct

American Psycho somewhat does.
He thinks he's hot shit but everyone thinks he's a loser.
He also has mental illness.

WILL SHE REMEMBER ME FIFTY YEARS LATER?

I WISH I COULD SAVE HER IN SOME SORT OF TIME MACHINE

Sergei?

I read an English translation and understood the concept, that other guy's just an idiot.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

/thread

No one on r9k actually identifies as being a robot in real life.
It's filled with a bunch of impostors trying to get a rise out of other people.
Some impostors have evolved and begun taking position as victimized originals.

You can see real robots in just about every board besides r9k actually.
They show their colors through their infinite capacity to spread pessimism.
The robot is synonymous with the intolerant offender of standardized morals.
Not to be confused with but similar to the angry teen trying to shock and confuse for attention.

>His lifestyle and r9ks fall together very closely
No. /r9k/ is just run of the mill losers, not much different from the rest that crawl this site tbqh.

Very few people there or in general actually behave the way the UM does; it's neurotic and absurd behavior. Everything about the party alone is mere morbid fantasy that next to no person there would or could act out, if they'd ever show up to begin with because no one wanted the UM there in the first place.