I feel like there wasn't a cohesive enough statement for alt lit so it couldn't really change or evolve and when your...

i feel like there wasn't a cohesive enough statement for alt lit so it couldn't really change or evolve and when your flagship talent is tao lin people were understandably going to get tired of it quickly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pqmIAbHXr0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GT6uuxHm4QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mcj0wrLBDoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Describe it to me, I don't want to watch it

Trips of truth.
Alt lit had no substance beyond
>muh alternative approach to lit
>muh voice of muh generation
>muh depressive middle-class millennials

It was never going to hold anyone's interest.

she lost her job
back drinking
masturbates infront of 18 yr old boys on chatroulette
fucked some guy at an ny bar and might be pregnant since she missed her period

>MEGAN GETS PREGNANT BY SOME RANDOM GUY FROM THE BAR

So she cucked Tao? that's unfortunate.

Also, she looks like Brendan Fraser with long hair.

>what happened to alt lit

it's other media shootoffs are still alive, their poets are mostly still churning out and getting on vice/medium, that kinda shit, but after htmlgiant passed there was too little momentum for it to keep being relevant

What are you doing with your life, OP? Why are you doing this to yourself? What made you this way? What circunstances have brought you up to this moment? What went to your head when you clicked the 'Post' button? Why? Did you get a similar sensation finishing a Tao Lin book? Why'd you read a Tao Lin book? Why are you doing this to yourself? What made you this way? Why?

You despise yourselfs and live a paradoxical existence of holding out hope that reading can make you better, more ideal, and likable people when it has achieved the opposite effect and will continue to do so in spades.

*circumstances

Alt-lit are such wasters.

Stephen Tulley Durks raped some chick and dissapeared.

Steve Roggenbuck is back at his parents farm trying to hawk his books.

Tao Lin raped some chick and is living with his parents.

Mira G. became So Sad Today 2.0.

Gabby Bess got BLEACHED and quit poetry.

Willis Plummer quit poetry to work a normie wagecuck job.

Megan Boyle is like 35 and living with her parents and is close to suicide.

Is there anybody from that scene who didn't crash and burn?

being so sad today is a pretty good gig tbqh senpai

Is there a movement to substitute them?

no because anyone interested in the scene in the first place was a degenerate so it was the only logical conclusion

also there was really no potential for anyone to make a career out of the scene because the target audience just torrents pdfs of books and doesn't buy them + uses adblock so there was literally no money to be made

Ben Brooks, probably

Also, Tao is doing well, I thought.

Yeah but Mira is just copying her style and jumping on any memetic bandwagon she can to seem hip and edgy.

Artistic movements are inherently degenerate. Writers don't become writers because they like clubs and parties. There was a Vienna circle, there was a Paris crowd with Hemingway, there was Faulkner and Sherwood Anderson et al. in New Orleans, but these things are rare. It's best to go it alone or at least allow others to group you with people of a similar age. Veeky Forums is a decent community if you remove all the meme-posters, Sam Hyde groupies and assortment of teenagers and tripfags.

I don't know, is there anybody here who didn't crash and burn

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>Ben Brooks

He's totally burned out. He now lives in Spain and in the past couple of years has only released a children's dinosaur book for a small US publisher and a Spanish-title novel (Hurra) that nobody is going to read.

He has also:
>admitted to spending the royalties from his first book on cocaine and strippers
>became an alcoholic and drug addict
>attended rehab
>filmed himself masturbating for a crowd of like 200 people as part of an "art show"
>got tattooed by some random Spaniards as part of an "art show"
>spent his time making "wacky" Spanish-language youtube skits
>claimed in an interview that a lot of people "from the internet" (i.e. Veeky Forums) hate him

Tao is doing well, people here just love to project their lack of literary success on people with mild success.

Tao Lin is the literary equivalent of the Socially Awkward Penguin meme. He is past his prime and can't recover now. You think a guy who has spent the last five years of his life smoking weed every day, avoiding real life and writing lengthy articles about random DUDE WEED """philosophers""" can write anything worthwhile at this point? His gook mind has been fried by LSD and autism.

i should feel bad for them or for you knowing all this stuff?

he only wrote about terence mckenna

>He is past his prime and can't recover now

So are you.

>You think a guy who has spent the last five years of his life smoking weed every day, avoiding real life and writing lengthy articles about random DUDE WEED """philosophers""" can write anything worthwhile at this point

He has a market and makes money off it, yeah? I mean, you're joking right? You're asking a rhetorical question.

You should definitely feel bad for me as I am supremely autistic and haven't even achieved what that list of largely retarded individuals have done. Whether you should feel bad for them in addition is up to you.

He also tweets about the books he's reading and writes shit like: "sent my mom a ~6,500 word email about the true history of the Sphinx". He has really attached himself to the whole drug meme even though drug use is dropping fast (along with alcohol consumption etc) in contemporary society.

>even though drug use is dropping fast (along with alcohol consumption etc) in contemporary society.

no it isn't, at least among the kind of people who would read poetry.

I want to be megan boyle's little baby tampon boy. i want to turn into a little crying baby and then suck on her breasts. her magic breast milk would turn me into a little baby tampon boy. she would stick me into her hoo-hoo and i would wait with anticipation spouting little baby goo-goo ga-gas waiting for her to bleed all over me. i want to feel her megan boyle blood inside my little goo-goo ga-ga baby tampon body. i want to absorb her hoo-hoo juices inside my little baby tampon boy body and goo-goo ga-ga like a little rolly-polly baby boy. it would be orgasmic to know i am one with her hoo-hoo megan boyle blood and i would giggle and goo-goo ga-ga and yelp with little baby boy excitement as i roll around in her megan boyle hoo-hoo and revel in her red juices, slurping them into my soft little baby tampon boy goo-goo ga-ga body. then i want her to pull me out and squeeze and wring my little baby tampon boy body so that her megan boyle hoo-hoo blood and juices spill all over her megan boyle face. it would hurt and i would scream in pained goo-goo ga-gas as pain envelops my little baby tampon boy body until i reach full climax and turn back into grown human man.

She and Tao got divorced a year ago

Not divorced but separated.

not even middle class, pretending to be middle class but most of the ones who got attention have rich ass parents and trust funds (like tao and mira)

Tao Lin is my most read author, 7 books. I don't even like him.

I still think Shoplifting from American Apparel --that already feels like an old-fashioned thing to say-- is one of the worst things to be committed to print, but Tao un-JUST'd himself reasonably well. (I even liked Taipei.) He still seems to do a lot of drugs though.

That was incredibly depressing. I don't give a single shit about anything related to "alt-lit" but I hope this girl is personally okay soon. Just when you think this video can't get anymore depressing it takes another nosedive.

You are a sociopath if you think this video is amusing.

Same. She seems good-hearted.

>tfw no Megan Boyle gf

>still doing that stupid shit of filming yourself randomly for hours that tao already got anything of value out of
>she also memes on the german DFW interview

youtube.com/watch?v=pqmIAbHXr0Y
also, what the fuck did she do to her hair

>>back drinking
>masturbates infront of 18 yr old boys on chatroulette
>fucked some guy at an ny bar and might be pregnant since she missed her period
so she is a liberated woman, that's fine and appreciated today

I thought it was cute. I watched it while buzzing on some percs and enjoyed myself.

>Play coy and haetmachine if you want but I see right through your bullshit.

Deleted the post, you caught in time. The second I posted I knew I didn't even want to get into some back and forth with some user who is looking to be spiteful and cynical to salve their own personal wounds. I can't be bothered with that petty shit.

This whole ironically detached schadenfreude is so fucking sad. I'm gonna Reddit right out of this thread.

I'm not even that guy you were responding to

I made it up until she started free-associating. ugh. is this the type of piece of shit tao lin hangs around lol

This one wasn't but there are plenty of them that are. I like her spanish

she referred to him as her 'ex husband' in this dumb vice article I'm reading rn

Tell me someone mirrored it.

she set the video to private, probably because of a minor surge in views and comments coming from us, aswell as the sensitive nature of the video
probably for the best

I have an old tab with it open, and I still play. Although it might only play up to the point that it buffered to. What's the easiest way to make a copy?

*and it still plays

Well, same here. Buffered till around 14:05.

I think one would need to record the screen to capture it, which might be bothersome.

>You are a sociopath if you think this video is amusing
Welcome to Veeky Forums

I did but I deleted it. didn't mean to spook megan since she originally tweeted this video

Alright. Good for her I guess.

This is what it looks like when the party is over folks.

Daily reminder to get yourself a qt waifu when you're under 25. If you don't chances are you'll have to settle for someone as fucked up as this.

>tfw about to turn 23

I can confirm this. I'm over 25 and all the broads I've had real shots with were 24+-year-old used-up chicks with bags of drama.

op here didn't mean to cause anything. how can i get a mod to delete this

>tfw 25 yo virgin, barely scraping by financially
Its over isn't it?

nobody cares dude

Pretty much. If you haven't established a life for yourself at 25 you're too far gone and no girl wants anything to do with that.

DELET THIS

She talks to the soul of her previously aborted baby, which she believes has returned to her in her current feared pregnancy(which she will abort) and promises it that the third time will be the charm. She's definitely not putting this video back up.

youtube.com/watch?v=GT6uuxHm4QQ

she just put it back up

i never understood alt lit mainly due to the lack of discernible talent apart from Lin, and even he has a rather limited skill set. i don't see it as an actual literary movement but what occurs in the vacuum when there is no movement. basically, a bunch of kids get to together and make a scrapbook of their common interests which happened to be drugs, mental defectiveness, and laziness. i gathered zero insight from any of the alt lit writings i binged upon the recommendation of Paul Auster who briefly touted them as literature's saving grace. yeah, that turned me off to his writing as well.

that's all it is

alt lit is some guy roleplaying as andy warhol with 7 retards he met on the internet

you aren't failing to grasp the movement, you are correctly identifying there is no movement

Protip anything that starts with alt- should be avoided like the plague

lad got two of his upcoming books accepted by vintage again and he got a 50k advance on the last one

seems like he's doing just fine

poor david, he's like the jeb bush of literature

That's funny.

>she just put it back up

Of course she did.

lmao look at this haggard bitch still trying to be a hipster at that old age. lmao so embarrassing. she should try and look normal or kill herself.

goddamit chad this board isn't for you

suck a dick bro lol

Nobody bought the books because the books sucked. Book pirating can be a boon if the product is any good.

I didn't click on a single Tao Lin topic back in the day. Anyone wanna provide a quick timeline of the alt lit movement and its key players and what happened to it?

>Daily reminder to get yourself a qt waifu when you're under 25. If you don't chances are you'll have to settle for someone as fucked up as this.

you have literally no idea what you're talking about lmao

that's an empowered woman. good for her.

why does lit care about these non-entities?

even booktubers have more substance than these hacks

Wow, cool, so all women over 25 think and act the same... thanks r9k, you know so much about women, you probably know so many of them

that post isn't even about women, it just assumes that it's audience is men, which is overwhelmingly accurate.
you also don't seem to understand what a generalization is, nor what ageing is

Your post was shit lol

trip?
that post wasn't mine?

alt lit people have no substance, it was about the individual not the works created by the individual.
And also, unless you are jk rowling or Stephen king tier you arent going to make a lot of money.

Starving artists stereotype exists for a reason.

I suggest these alt lit fellows make some genre fiction about tits and dragons or aliens.

Question marks go on the end of questions.

Question marks go on the end of questions?

Can someone give me a backstory on this girl? I'm totally out of the loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcj0wrLBDoE

LETSRAIDHER

Guys, I study film.
I am alos intersted in philosophy and have read some philosophy books here and there as well as reading in different online ecycopledias about different authors.
I am especialy interested in deleuze and have read parts of bergsonism, movement image and a thousand plateous.
I have also read an introductory book to lacan and again, the articles about him in online ecyclopedias.

I know this is no way to truly study philosophy however I feel that a TRUE study of philosophy involves actually producing content, as in writing books or writings.
Only though that process of comentary on other writers and producing works can you truly be philosopher and fully engage with philosophers and their ideas.

But, I study film and want to make films(I am studying at a film school), so as i am not a philosopher nor intend to be I feel it is not my job to fully understand and engage with philosophers but instead, get inspiration from them.
Understand in feelting their most important concepts and especially modes of thinking.
The absorbtion of these general modes so they become natural to me seems the thing i need to subconsiously use them as i write and make films.

So what I understand of lacan in very very general terms is his understanding of how we try to structure reality but can never pin point it. We grow as kids and are introduced to the symbolic order that is language and through it, through the languages of others we get out place within this order.
This is how we construct who we are.
He divides it into 3 main levels.
Real imaginary and symbolic.
The real is the thing we can never fully grasp but we try to which is the symbolic levle and the imaginary is our misconceptions based on our perception of ourselves whci is essentialy how others percieve us.
Then to live our lives properly we must aknolwedge our inherent desire(petit object) to grasp that ungraspable part that we miss through the structuring of reality through language that can never be quenched.

Now what i understand of deleuze in very general terms is a certain a desire to breakdown ideas of some sort of source.
To stop thinking of knowlede and life in the form of a tree with a trunk, with one source and instead focus on the details and think of everything as connected with other things.
Rhisomatic perticular thinking with focus points where things converge and spread on..
Reminding me of facault's ideas about inspecting points of convergence in their right and specific place, analyzing everything around these focal points using all the standards and realities of the time of these points...

Am I way off? What do you think?

Fuck off roastie / whiteknight.

He's absolutely right. I'm 27 and dating at this age is hell.

I'd strongly advise against diving into critical theory, postmodernism, post-structuralism, whatever bullshit buzzwords people attach to thinkers like Deleuze/Foucault/Lacan, without at least some experience with Freud, Marx, Nietzsche, Spinoza and probably Heidegger.

Luckily for you, Deleuze's books on Nietzsche and Spinoza are great starting points for an understanding of those philosophers and of Deleuze's own thought.

also you could probably skip Lacan entirely.

>Tfw 29
>Single mums as far as the eye can see
>Mfw

Alt lit was never going to be a thing because AT BEST it was a shallow imitation of the beats who were also shit.

>24+-year-old used-up chicks with bags of drama.

these relationships are fun though if you're as messed up as them

But it's not. And chances are they have already had at least one relationship with a guy they hoped to marry. When girls are young and fresh and at their peak they can afford to go wild and do all the things they want to sexually and otherwise. Then their looks begin to fade and they panic and long for a stable relationship above everything else. They've already been plugged a thousand times by their ex boyfriends. They've already been choked, spat on, urinated on, eaten man ass, and everything else they wanted to to do with some guy who probably dropped them for fresher meat. You are the cuck who ends up holding their hand and telling them everything is ok when they cry in your arms at night.

who gets married under 25 unless you're Mormon
maybe the common denominator to your relationship failures...is all of you

your post makes a great alt-lit poem

You are the cuck
who ends up holding their hand
and telling them everything is ok
when they cry in your arms
at night.

what about guys? How are they different? Don't answer, I'm going to sleep, but think about it.

Shit happens.

2real.
My friends(mid-20's) are all dating college freshmans(freshmen?) for "grass is greener" purposes. Girls our age are either moms or divorced or running away from a crazed ex or spent their lives coasting on their looks and bring nothing else to the table. Or all of the above.
One dated a two older girls and both times they tried to lock him down early as fuck.
Mid-to-late 20's are a fuckin warzone.

you are so pathetic.

Fuck off alt right outlander. Get the fuck out

and your experience has _nothing_ to do with your trashbag attitude, of course

>implying theres anything wrong with sucking dicks

did you just crawl out of the primordial swamp?