Does Veeky Forums smoke?

Does Veeky Forums smoke?

>literature

fuck off

Yes.

smoke what?

found the stoner.

Anything, I guess. Cigarettes is what I was asking about.

maybe he ment smoke cock (as in penis lol)

(i.e. as if he were a gay who enjoyed blowjobbing)

catch my drift??

I myself am a bit of a victim of Parliaments.

Who smokes ANYTHING in 2016 kek

Those are pricey

Most good things are.

>intentionally inhaling smoke

Yeah and I fucking hate it.

I quit because I don't like having unnecessary dependencies.

Can we turn this into a how you quit smoking thread?

>t. Social Justice Warrior

amsterdamer (the new ones), hand rolled. if im in an airport ill buy a carton of blue gauloises because theyre so cheap.

fucking quit

I did until recently. My dad died of lung cancer 2 years ago so I keep my last cigarette in my last pack next to a photo of him in my living room. A little melodramatic but it's a good reminder not to start back up.

You've posted a pic of it on instagram, right?

Working on it. I've been cutting down. I slip up a lot though. Mostly when having a stressful day. It probably doesn't help that I'm in a dry city.

>so I keep my last cigarette in my last pack next to a photo of him in my living room

Is it a metaphor?

Woe is the modern ""man""! Victim to little cancer sticks!! Oh no, oh no!! Oy vey, oy gevalt! Will you survive!?

tryna quit, recently i've become the guy who bums off other people cause I don't wanna buy my own

What the fuck are you talking about? Anyone who hasn't started smoking in the past couple weeks generally wants to quit.

>fucking smoking
>literally being a being a weak pleb slave

>It probably doesn't help that I'm in a dry city.

You Americans and your freedom.

>ever quitting
To the grave

Newports 100s all the way.

this desu.

The place is 80% native. Hell would break loose if it was legal here.

No. I've never even tried it. Looks like an utterly retarded and pointless expense.

As for other substances, no on those as well. Never experimented with any of that. I take good care of my body and would like to keep it that way.

What's the difference between being straight edge and being a slave to your own morals?

Not them, but a straight edger chooses. A smoker is compelled. *does a sick flip on my skateboard and leaves the room on it* Freedom... means freedom from chemicals. I don't need those to feel good. I have fun, kid. Fun.

You consider not wanting to arbitrarily die early a moral decision?

>You consider not wanting to arbitrarily die early a moral decision?
I know plenty of suicidal straight edge people. And I know more than that exist.

That's not answering the question, that's just an irrelevant personal anecdote.

I suppose so. I do consider not wanting to die a moral decision, in this context. I think most decisions come down to whatever inner dialogue anyways.

Parliament pals

So by your own logic you're also a slave to your own morality, seeing as how you haven't killed yourself yet.

>that recessed filter
I wouldn't be the man I am today without that recessed filter

Not really? Suicide is final. Seductive sure, final just as sure. morality, or inner dialogue, implies which choice weighed I'd rather take, it implies an afterwards. But smoking is the next best thing.

what the fuck lol

Just the look of it, the length of it, and the taste of it. Parliaments are my best self destructive habit.

>i have no arguments for anything I disagree with and am comfortable with imagining my opponents as unhygienic, antiquated fedora wearers in order to feel comfortable with such mental retardation

No. I, however, do read. This skill has gotten me a long way. One particular benefit to this is that I can read what the fuck different boards on Veeky Forums are for. More notably, Veeky Forums (my main board) is for Veeky Forumserature, eh? FUCK. OFF.

>i but into conversations i have no interest in to proclaim my superiority

sounds pretty fedora to me

smoked for about 7 years, around a pack of Malboro reds a day. Switched to a vapor pen a month ago, to 0 nicotine a few weeks ago, no nicotine withdrawals whatsoever. I'm just used to the fucking hand mouth movement i guess.

This strategy worked really well for me: I just stopped. It wasnt easy but its not like anyone forces you to smoke. Stop being a bitch

I've never even tried to. Seeing my mom age rapidly with her leathery skin and lung problems always deterred me. There was never that "mystery" or "romance" about sneaking one, like she apparently felt with her mom.

It's always just seemed gross to me. Maybe because everyone around me who did it was gross. My sisters smoked while underage and would often pick butts off the ground (everywhere) to try to get the last bit off them.

Fuck off Brendan

flyover dip country reporting in

Anyone here a Camel guy?

My uncle collected a ton of camel paraphernalia. He had like a 5x5ft shelf full of little lighters and misc. camel stuff.

How does one even become a pack a day smoker?
I've been smoking a few times a week for about two years and i never get overwhelming cravings - and if I do, one cigarette is enough to quell them. How is it possible for it to get so out of hand? Unless you're just completely fine with smoking that much of course, but people make it sound like an accident - like they smoked one cig at a party once now ten years later they're a pack a day chain smoker?

Will the cravings get stronger as the years go by?
Admittedly it is difficult to find places for me to smoke + its expensive where I live. I guess most addicted smokers are the ones who are / were allowed to smoke regularly, say at work?

I just don't see ho wits possible to get properly addicted these days in most Western cities

You start socially smoking and then you have a bad day at work or something and think "fuck I want a smoke." So you buy a pack and that first smoke was really good but now you've got 19 left. So you smoke them over a couple days and then think that you could get used to having cigarettes of your own. So you buy another pack and you're not addicted you just really like smoking. Eventually you become addicted and say fuck well if I'm smoking I might as well smoke a lot I'll quit in a month or so. But you keep putting off the quit and you like to punctuate your hours with cigarettes. Keep it going long enough and tolerance builds and then you'll be at a pack a day

I smoke like a pack a month, I almost never crave them, and if I smoke more than 2 in a day it fucks my throat, so I never do that.

I don't understand the addiction thing either, especially when you know that if you cross a certain line you'll get hooked.
That line is beyond my threshold of enjoyment, but I still wouldn't smoke more just because I crave it.

kek kill yourself

>dry city
what the fuck how does this even exist?

I always have a pack on me at home, but it takes me a few weeks to get through them - thats what I'm saying. I feel like I should crave them more, but I don't. Maybe I'm immune to addiction :^)

>How does one even become a pack a day smoker?
I don't even crave, I don't think I even have an addiction. That's what they all say, but I've just up and quit for as long as a year from going a pack a day.

I just do it because, well, I like the way it looks.

>a pack a month
>a month
Cowardice

occasionally i'll buy and smoke a 2 pack of grape flavored swisher sweets

I quit because it is retarded.

How is this literature related?

Don't be a buzzkill

Chain smoking is nice. I do it as a treat every once in a while. I only smoke once a week on average (1 or 2 cigs on that day) and I've never really had craving before, but sometimes it's nice to sit outside, listen to some music and smoke half a pack.
I know it's bad and I try to do that only one a month or so.

It's just a trade off in my mind; I don't drink soda or eat fatty food or any of that unhealthy stuff normal people do and in general I'm pretty healthy so smoking is just the one bad thing I do.

Why do you smoke?

Because I adore women who smoke, and if you adore the look of something, why not try it yourself.

Pall Malls, pic related. Started smoking socially at around 13/14, pack a day by 18. Quit for about a year somewhere around the age of 20, back to a pack a day, quit for just shy of a year again and just started again three or four weeks ago. Currently averaging something close to half a pack a day, will either quit again soon or else be back up to a pack a day.

But smoking is a fairly sure, fairly honorable form of suicide. Pic again related.

what the fuck lol who the fuck is Julius Evola. Where does he think he is? Veeky Forums? Ptff ahahaha

>How
Probably either to work in the Orwell defense of books, or just to annoy James the First.

While this thread is being queer though, Thank You For Smoking was written by William F "Cryptonazi" Buckley Jr's kid, and I've never been quite sure how that makes me feel since I found out the connection.

That sounds like a funny way of rationalising an addiction.

Can you feel the smoke inside your lungs after you inhale it?

seeI've gone from chain smoking to cold turkey for a year, back to chain smoking to cold turkey for months. For whatever reason, I smoke unhealthy amounts, but I'm not really addicted to it. I stop between semesters usually. Or sometimes during semesters.

The addiction itself, is the appeal.

I smoke camel toe, only.

I smoke a pipe.

Better said, the appeal is the addiction.

>pic related
I love the story his son tells of how he was convinced they hadn't put him in the mental hospital for schizophrenia, but to quit cigarettes, because Kurt kept agreeing with him he was there to quit smoking.

You don't smoke enough to be addicted. It's just like you can always have a bottle of booze and take a while to finish it, whereas if you were consistently drinking heavily you would get to the point where you would need a bottle a day

It's strange that so many people still smoke considering the immense amount of scientific data showing that smoking kills. Can't you see that you're being blinded by a socially constructed perception? That it's not actually cool because someone told you it was? Unless you just don't care. But I feel like most of you should. You won't be young for long. Oh well.

I'm glad it's killing me desu

rip
love u

>implying the billions who don't want to fuck off aren't the issue
we're the socially constructed problem, user

I love you, too.

>the immense amount of scientific data showing that smoking kills

that's the point

>I smoke to look "cool"
>I don't smoke the majority of my cigarettes where nobody even sees me do it
>Most people don't do many things each day that will decrease their longevity, e.g. eating excessive amounts of red meat, inhaling polluted air, etc., etc.
For fuck's sake, a report just came out that drinking your coffee/tea too hot increases your chances of esophageal cancer.

I love how anti corp lit is while so many of you indulge in the most asinine justifications for it.

that report didn't just come out, the internet is just old enough to be repeating its news cycle. it's an ancient meme.

big tobacco isn't anti corp... they're misanthropes at best.

Nobody can destroy the way the world works for as much as we, or I, loathe it. We can talk about why it may be wrong, but nobody really believes it can be changed, the powers that be are simply the powers that be.

So who cares, grab a lighter and pray for quick death in this fucked up planet.

Are you 14 years old?

Yes

can you smoke with your toes?

Surprisingly, yes.

I know I meant to say that lit is anti corp and smokes and it doesn't make sense because tobacco is the worst corporation of all but so many anticorpers defend smoking

What's the t. signify? Thanks, ?

Smoking is something you can have more control over doing. Nonetheless, smoking is really bad for you. The most common form of cancer is lung cancer. It's also the leading cancer killer. Lung cancer is mostly caused by smoking.
All I'm saying is if you quit smoking, then you're preventing yourself from getting the leading cause of cancer deaths. Coffee and tea may affect chances of cancer but not nearly as harmful as smoking.

>tobacco is the worst corporation of all

I think Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman are worse examples.