Start with the Greeks

>Start with the Greeks
>Resume with the Romans

What comes next?

Fap to the French

stop reading based on geographical location.
By this point you should have a firm grasp on differing positions of philosophy.

Now you can just go absolutely ape shit and read w/e the fuck you can get your hands on.

try spinoza.

>geographical location

its more about the time period, faggot, when people say "start with the greeks" they mean the classics, not whatever modern shit greeks are putting out about how poor their country is

Ok, fair point.
Substitute geographical location with time period.
Still have the same opinion

skip through until you get to Wittgenstein

Aquinas and Chaucer, nibelungelied, Augustine, beowulf and whatever pre-renaissance you can find, probably.

Then the renaissance, then enlightenment, romanticism, modern and post modern and now you read anything you want to read and you'll "get" it.
Or so it goes. Supposedly the idea of starting with the greeks and continuing with the Romans is to have an understanding of where ideas come from and how they develop with the ages. On that note, you should read the KJB

>renaissance, enlightenment, romanticism
Mostly dangerous propaganda

>"stop going by time period"
>"maybe spinoza next"

Considering that most people will never read neoplatonic philosophy, isn't Spinoza actually next chronologically (except for Descartes)? Assuming that "resume with the romans" included some Jewish history and the Bible.

Mingle with the Medievals
Restart with Descartes

>actually started with the greeks
>actuallyed resumed with the romans
u got memed son

i do think that anyone with an interest in western philosophy should have some understanding of descartes, but like, descartes fucking sucks.

Muddle through the monks and muslims.

S.U.I.C.I.D.E.

You have to read everything, or else how can you comment on western civilization?

reminds me when Veeky Forums calls starting strength >you got memed son. Aka people who have never started with the Greeks or did SS to begin with.

is that supposed to be the same chick?

Truth.

you're following the trail of western literature. i though that was obvious.

Bible is next.

They do look similar, but how should a normie chick know that a pic of her when she was a toddler is constantly being used as a reaction pic beats me.

Or is it used by idiots on twitter too?

Everything used on Veeky Forums is now used 900x more on twitter, tumblr, and reddit dude

Become a Christian.

fack off mate u looking for trouble? say that to my face not online see what happens.

Meddle with the Middle Ages
Vacate to the Vedics

Greeks -> Romans -> Germans -> helium tank because you're still clueless about what to do with your life

Help yourself to some Hebrew

>he thinks he's done with the Greeks

How much Plato can you recite from memory in Greek?

this is basically where i am, so now i'm on the verge of diving into mysticism or esotericism even though i think it's mostly bullshit

>renaissance
>enlightenment
>romanticism
Trash. Go straight to modern culture.

I just keep re-reading the Greeks desu

After the Romans I'd go for stuff like Chanson de Roland, Orlando Furioso, Beowulf, The Battle of Brunanburh, The Battle of Maldon, Snorri Sturluson, The Dream of the Rood. Petrarch, Dante, Chaucer.

the Visigoths