Newfag here. Can someone explain why female authors are so disliked?

Newfag here. Can someone explain why female authors are so disliked?

Pic related I guess

Pic related is ideological garbage.
But say Flannery O'Connor and George Elliott are really great.

lit is filled with resentful autists is why

Misogyny/shitposting.

as a tumblr user and a proud feminist, i can tell you that people that hate women around here are usually virgins(+20 yo virgins lol xD) AND they even hate on jk rowling(lol?)

clear signs of misoginy in my opinion..
Fight the good fight girls!! :)

People on Veeky Forums hates anything that's trending in the world. Since nowadays you can see feminism, and by default, the re-valoration of female authors in history, "we" hate that.

Of course, this is just memeing. I bet must people like some female authors just as much as the male one. We cannot deny that most classics were written by men though, but just because society was male-centric before the 20th century.

If this isn't your first time in attempting to bait then please end yourself

Actually even if it is, please kill yourself

we cannot deny that most classics were written by men though, but just because society was male-centric before the 20th century

Citations needed.

>ever considering this to be bate

i was clearly mocking you, dumb fucking slut :)

I'm just speculating here. I imagine if before the 20th century women IN GENERAL were in the same place as men in society they would have written about the same things classic authors wrote.

also:
>you forgot your meme arrows

bitter sexless virgin detected

i consider virginity a virtue. I'll implement a system for tracking sluts in the future so PURE people like me can pick from a pile of PURE women.

Disgusting sluts should wear special bracelets so normal people dont get close to their filthy fucking whorish auras

>I imagine if before the 20th century women IN GENERAL were in the same place as men in society they would have written about the same things classic authors wrote.

They weren't equal to men in society because they are not equal to men. Your comment is about as useless as saying "I imagine if dogs were equal to men they'd write the same classics."

t.rapist

meant for

if this was true a woman would have released a good book from the 60s til now.

hypothesis disproved.

Women are horrible at everything, and there is no shortage of paths to realizing this. If you get really into any intellectual or cultural thing, you'll quickly notice women are all dilettantes, followers and lackeys, and that their genius tends to peak in the range of male mediocrities, and then fizzle out even more quickly than the latter.

If your appreciation of some medium or genre is shallow enough that you can't yet see its clear and necessary hierarchy, then I guess it's possible to delude yourself that there are a good amount of women at the top or that there is some kind of vague gender equality. But anyone who actually gets good at anything will quickly notice the facts.

And once you realize this, you start to realize why it's the case as well. You start to notice that mediocrity isn't just a result, it's something built into them, in a hundred ways. They give up more quickly and more easily. They plateau early, and they're fundamentally content with plateauing. They whine for equal representation, or more, when their merit hasn't earned it for them, and they don't really seem to see the problem with doing so.

Even the current pussified nu-male mind is on some level disgusted by this behaviour. Even it can still detect that women are missing something crucial. Men excel because they just enjoy excelling, but women only see the ossified after-effects of excellence (fame, wealth, attention) and seek after them. For women, only destinations exist, and life is about finding the easiest and cheapest path to any desirable destination, but men think in terms of journeys.

When you see a female author, and you've actually read books, your mind immediately suggests the 73 ways in which she's likely to be an obnoxious soulless dilettante.

>there's been complete gender equality since the 60s
>there are books from that period that deserve to be called classics

female writers are boring and unoriginal
not to forget generic

Flannery O'Connor, Teresa of Avila, Edith Stein, Hannah Ardent, Hildegard von Bingen are all top tier.

Jews don't count, they're riding on the magical Jewblood that makes them all schizophrenic philosophy geniuses

it is natural for men like you to crave the validation of their existence and get depressed if they fail to feel relevant, responsible.
The best way for a man to cater his need for approval is to serve some woman (and some of her children) through emotional&financial support.
Men are pleased to contribute to someone else life, to support their family.

Why women are a good way to feel relevant? Because women love to be provided for and each woman will always find a man ready to please her.
[for most men, the best feeling of feeling real is when the girl moans from your cock in her pussy]

THe problem for men is that they are disposable in the eyes of each woman, since all men wish to serve the few women who talk to them.
Men must thus invent several ways to please women, invention and creativity which strengthen their feeling of being worthy, relevant, in touch with reality.
Men are too impotent to find other way to feel real.
Once that the a woman replaces a man by another provider, the man gets very upset and depressed.
THis leads men to think that they are better than women, stronger, smarter and that they must built a life outside women. Some men manage to indeed built an empire, but they will always loose it for some women.
Women give meaning to men and betas, no matter how successful outside women, will always give up everything for some relationship with some woman who claim to fancy them.

Uncreative, low-effort trash.

If women are evil and we issue from them, what does that make men?

I still don't know if you're writing like a retard on purpose for the sake of the pasta or if you're actually retarded.

I don't hate good female authors, what I hate is the fact that because there were far more male authors than female until the last 25 or so years mediocre female authors are often undeservedly venerated.

Even if women weren't equal to men, it would gives a coherent explanation, not a true statement backed with evidences. Women could have suffered from plain discrimination yet couldn't write a masterpiece for unrelated reasons. Anyway, I doubt such a discrimination was effective and we know many women always were actively involved in literature, in some countries way more than men did (e.g. Heian Japan). The real distinction is economical. Peasants couldn't write back in 14th century and still can't nowadays, and it's foolish to think women born in aristocracy/upper bourgeoisie were uneducated, or that male farmers and plant workers were somehow well-read. I think women are simply less innovative and prone to break the rules, thus less likely to be remembered or praised for their literary merits.

Maybe your mom is evil

>I don't like Virginia Woolf

>she thinks i tried

i love dumb women, id never have a hole to put my dick in if it werent for them...

sylvia plath/wes anderson hybrids

>Can someone explain why female authors are so disliked?

shit just read women on the internet
man-hate click-bait is all they do
why pay for that shit?

Opinions on Alice Munro? Anyone?

I don't like that bitch because of what she said about science fiction

it's a knee jerk reaction to the current tendency of celebrating undeserving writers for the sole fact that they're not an old white male
also

Maybe this place is becoming /b/ after all.

because all women are creatively bankrupt

>explain why female authors are so disliked?

their inferior

I read a Flannery O'Connor short storry... about some murderer who escaped from prison. Good god what a dusty, dry sermon that was. McCarthy would have been proud of the mass quantity of veiled philosophical dialogue.

This.

I think it might be part of some sort of social engineering a la Twitter bots to create a safe space for bitter unhappy people to blame other groups of people for their problems. I remember when people would troll with the opinions that people now hold without single bit of irony. It's just little people who desire to hurt others to feel better and it's honestly really sad but I have no idea how to help.

> their inferior

Idiot, learn to read and write before becoming a critic.

>getting this baited and having shit grammar to go with it

I can't tell if this is genuine or a joke about how often she's brought up here when people want examples of good female authors. Regardless she is great.

Women are like a cake that never stops giving up slices of cake for 90 years as long as it's in your fridge, but it only becomes ripe after 13 and then completely rotten after 20~ so what's the fucking point of having it in there for the other 70

Nature designed women badly. They should either stay young and hot forever, or just denature into some kind of vapour that's good for plants and bees once they hit 21 and their pussies start getting loose and having that sour smell to them. First stretchmark appears, you're beefood. Get out of here.

see

Men are what they always bitch about.

Reading this thread, it's not hard to see why.

There is no such thing as design in nature, and no such thing as a man that's beautiful.

GTFO tripfag.

There's also no such thing as a lesbian who isn't narcissistic.

I'm going to be here forever actually.

The irony of this statement will age like fine wine.

I'll forever ask you to get the hell out of this board, cancer.

Tu quoque is an informal logical fallacy.

Ok, you do that lmfao

Ok? And? This isn't a debate I am insulting you for being not only a hypocrite, but an enormous projecting narcissist.

I said that you're a narcissist, and your response was "HOW IRONIC LOL". You're not only a narcissist but a projecting hypocrite.

Yay!

>and your response was "HOW IRONIC LOL".

Yes. because you're a larger narcissist than I. Read this thread. It all is rather ironic.

Because female authors, for the most part, are fucking trash. Same with female comedians... This is the truth. Anyone who tells you anything different is either a women or a nu-male.

ignore the dyke legbeard for fucks sake, please!

no more thread derailing.

>ignore the dyke legbeard for fucks sake, please!

Ignore the faggot neckbeard for fucks sake, please!

No more thread derailing

>nu-male
This meme is so stupid it's like calling someone a slugwizard.

It's more stupid when you realize most people who say it fall under he stereotypes of the person teyre criticizing.

They're described as pale, balding, skinny, and socially awkward. Aside from the ideological component of "I don't like what you have to say, I don't like what you do," it's transparent that most of the appearance driven digs hit a wide swathe of the very people.

Faggots don't exist

t. A nu-male

Honestly though, the meme isn't stupid. It is fucking accurate.

>It's more stupid when you realize most people who say it fall under he stereotypes of the person teyre criticizing.
No they don't. You're implying again
Anyone could use the term. I could be a 4 foot midget black man and you wouldn't know it. So, uh, shut the fuck up being stupid yeah?

>They're described as pale, balding, skinny, and socially awkward.
Only by lesbian feminists. If I looked like a nu-male I would genuinely hang myself

>Faggots don't exist

You do.

>No they don't. You're implying again

Yes they do.

You are skinny, pale, balding, and socially awkward.

>If I looked like a nu-male I would genuinely hang myself

Get that noose ready

t.slugwizard

Most men here would fall under the stereotype in anything except ideology. Stop excusing your own painful projection. You only work to hurt yourself, by thinking so poorly of yourself.

>You do.
How did you think that one up? It would have been better to just not reply at all.

>You are skinny, pale, balding, and socially awkward.
Okay, sure thing partner.

Nah

>Most men here would fall under the stereotype in anything except ideology.
Implying.
Jesus, your parents must have really fucked you up, man. I'm so sorry bby

Why is Sam Hyde even in there anyways lmfao

>Okay, sure thing partner.
>Implying.
I mean you are. You are pale, light weight, balding, and socially awkward. I'm not wrong.

You are, you absolutely are.

Kys slugwizard.

I read some "boycott white male authors' click bait article by some she ape and decided to fight fire with fire and boycott women authors for a year. Somewhere during that year I came across another article by another legbeard saying boycott men again, so I extended the no women boycott another year.
After two years I realized that i didn't miss female authors. At all.
I was so happy without them.
Male readers need female authors like a bicycle needs a fish.
The supply of books by male authors is inexhaustible.
And I really don't owe women authors anything. I could see how if they were niceguys (TM) I might owe them sex and love and money and attention. But they aren't really all that nice. Hell most of them are hostile and downright toxic.

>I could see how if they were niceguys (TM) I might owe them sex and love
Thank God for that ending this place is so horrible it could have been true.

The most Dangerous Faggot

because he's not stupid and knows how to sell things to people

I'm genuinely none of those things but whatever you say, man. If it makes you feel better...

t. nu-male

Female authors are for the most part... fucking shit. I'm not saying that to be edgy or whatever, it's just the fucking truth, lad.

t.slugwizard

>I'm genuinely none of those things
You are genuinely all of those things and more.

>Female authors are for the most part

FEEEEEEEEEEEEMALES

Christ, you're like Butters but way worse. I'm not even taking a stance on the argument you're having, I just think tripfags are legitimately cancer. Persistent identity is the antithesis of everything that was promising about the internet.

>I read some "boycott white male authors' click bait article by some she ape and decided to fight fire with fire and boycott women authors for a year. Somewhere during that year I came across another article by another legbeard saying boycott men again, so I extended the no women boycott another year.

This is probably copypasta but you aren't important.

So a south park reference is what the alt-right and non stop whining about trips on Veeky Forums, which have always existed more than other boards, is all the alt-right has to offer.

Lmfao

ITT: Insecure males being triggered hard by a girly tripfag.

It's not a fucking South Park reference. There used to be another attention whoring lesbian tripfag on lit who went by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ or Butterfly, and we called her Butters for short. Fucking ignoramus.

Oh her. She's still here, don't worry.

a lot of talking from the leg beard trip
post a selfie and i will, cunt
>your fucking face when i'm 9/10
or better yet: head on over to /soc/ and shut the fuck up tripping

this. why come on Veeky Forums if you want an identity? fuck this gay earth and everyone on it.
O pleasing death come with your terrible hands and blot out this noise which has only itself to stir.

>alt-right
implying.

>insecure
>triggered
t. my wife's son

>post a selfie and i will, cunt

No. I'm not interested in either. This place isn't about posting selfies, though it is about confirming the fact I'm right all the time. Maybe I would like to see the nine out of ten hairs left on your skull.

If we're just not that into you, we're just not that into you
The lit market is predominantly female anyway. What difference does it make if guys don't like you and don't want to sacrifice a moment's pleasure for you?
Fish dont need bicycles either. You will be fine without us. The honeymoon has been over for a while.

>is a dyke legbeard trip attention whore
>calls anonymous people on the net balding, pale, skinny neck beards because ''she'' disagrees with their beliefs
>gets called out in every thread

kys ugly

>the nine out of ten hairs left on your skull
tickled me desu senpai

Read everything, or read nothing and leave.
>is a dyke legbeard trip attention whore
I shave my legs, rude assumption.
>calls anonymous people on the net balding, pale, skinny neck beards because ''she'' disagrees with their beliefs
Sounds familiar. Sounds like you.
>gets called out in every thread
It's the opposite.

>tickled me desu senpai

Am I wrong? You're balding.

Because beta males from /pol/ and /r9k/ like to come here and shit on everything for some unknown reason. I'd guess that it has something to do with the idea that reading makes you smarter than other people.

>read nothing and leave

Dock my pay

Why do you shitpost in such a vapid way?

Why do you insist on responding to vapid shitposting?

Misogyny/shitposting. My favourite contemporary authors are women.

Louise Erdrich, Rachel Kushner, Elena Ferrante, Jennifer Egan, Minae Mizumura, Cathy Hong, Olga Tokarczuk to name a few.

>I shave my legs, rude assumption.
Do you shave your philtrum, you hairy beast?
>Sounds familiar. Sounds like you.
I'm anonymous, cunt. No trip, see?
>Am I wrong? You're balding.
Not only are you wrong, you're also a 100-120 IQ turbo-pleb.

>using the word beta ever
>he thinks you have to be from /pol/ or /r9k/ if you're not a feminist white knight faggot
Dropped, my man.

t. A knight in shining armor

Can we please get back on topic now?

The only way to respond to vapid people, is through vapid means.

>I shave my legs, rude assumption
>You're balding.

I mean come on, how dumb can you be.

People keep telling me I shouldn't be misogynist but they can never come up with anything about women that isn't hate-worthy

>post good female authors
>everyone ignores them
>/pole9k/ fight each other

So you don't appreciate assumptions?