ITT: Book Hauls

Here's what I got today from the second-hand bookshop, lads.

It's pretty much the best one in my country; though helplessly disorganized. After almost an hour of looking, and the guy who was covering for the owner not knowing where a lot of things were, I had to settle for Amazon to get my volumes of The World of Will and Representation. Also bought the Luke translation of Faust there too, mainly because I heard Kaufman abridges part II.

Pic related is the find I'm happiest with today; a 1947 edition of Joyce's works, from the Viking Portable Library. Probably not worth much, but I liked the minimalist aesthetic with ochre cover and fancy writing.

Second purchase, Kaufmann's translation of Nietzsche.

I've heard good things about his German translations, so I imagine he can't do any worse than Marion Faber.

U ain't even told us what's in it yet

Third, Ulysses itself; which wasn't included in the first book, or not completely anyway.

ITT: Imbecile fetichism

Go suck a dick, you dumb materialist.

Finally, this one.

Nothing special about it, I think it was published in 2003 or something. Bought it out of personal interest.

You are the embodiment of Veeky Forums a pseudo-intellectual and you think you're better than others.

Recently got:
Freedom-Jonathan Franzen
Les Mes-Victor Hugo
God Emperor of Dune-Frank Herbert
The Black Prince-Iris Murdoch

Is Freedom a good place to start with Franzen or should I start with The Corrections? Also already started reading the Hugo since I'm off to France in a couple weeks soon to get myself in the mood.

Dubliners, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Exiles, Collected Poems, Other Poems & excerpts from Ulysses/Finnegans Wake.

Also an introduction from Harry Levin.

Interesting, I've never seen that edition before.

Nice, how is the binding? The pages look a bit weathered.

You can have the balls if you like. The Veeky Forums intellectual are people like OP, people that makes these cover showoff threads everyday and howl about their new additions to a bookshelf.

The pages are actually fine, they have some sort of dark brown border to contrast with the cover.

There's a moderate/forgiveable stain on the lower left corner, that's about it. I was looking for a collection like this anyway, so I'm happy to overlook it.

It's also really musty. A quintessentially elderly smell desu.

This was by far your best purchase.

What's the point of reading/having books if we can't show off?

When the movie for this was released, people actually walked out on it in my local cinema.

Good times.

But you didn't?

I have that edition, you struck gold desu.

I was there with my pleb-taste girlfriend.

She liked it, ended up crying/etc.

OP here.

I also found an edition of Hemmingway's complete works.

On the cover page was a large paragraph written by some American guy, addressed to the girl for whom the book was intended. He basically said it might help her understand those "crazy American macho guys", by which he probably meant himself.

Didn't end up buying it as Hemmingway's a bit shit. Wish I did now, though.

This is Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

>materialism
>wrong

>Trying to woo girls with books

Go back and get it, then give us a photo of that.

I want to see if Yank stupidity goes that far.

3 hard covers and a nice Oxford edition for $10

Good old barely afloat bookstores

>Austen

Oh sorry, is Austen not an established meme?

>Female authors

>trying to find book
>out of print, Amazon doesn't sell new copies anymore
>buy Very Good condition copy, description explicitly says "no marks or writing"
>some nigger stamped his name on it
Books with writing in them drive my autism up the fucking wall

The english ones are new.

Kafka book conatins both "The Trial" and "The Castle"
English title of the Faulkner is "The Hamlet"
A yankee in king Arthur's court by Mark Twain
Two Women of China
Farewell, Gulsary! by Chinghiz Aitmatov
Ikarus in Pest

Also got the Reclam edition of Der Einzige und sein Eigentum in the mail a few days ago

Don Quijote redeems that trash heap.

And to think that it was less than a dollar for a book!

I don't think it's trash at all.
Why do you think it's trash?

I have good taste.

Nice bargain, lad.

Most of the books are classics,how can they be bad?
My teachers praised them,the librarians praised them,heck even Veeky Forums does.
I agree that a few books there not timeless classics,but still,how can you call it a trash heap?

>Something Happened
my man

Spur of the moment bookstore stop today.

Got these at goodwill, a buck a piece. Grabbed Smack for the nostalgia; read it in high school.

What is up with this Never Let Me Go book I keep seeing people reading all over the place? Is it any good?

What made you purchase that user

All for under 9$ CAD. got real lucky. Check out the prices on the hemmingway and bukowski books. Go ahead.

Genre pleb coming through

A friend who's opinion on literature I trust recommended The Remains of the Day. When I looked up the author, Nver Let Me Go was also highly spoken of. The used book store had both today so I jumped on them.