Taking out a seventeen-year-old to dinner in a couple of days (I'm nineteen, so it's not that weird...

Taking out a seventeen-year-old to dinner in a couple of days (I'm nineteen, so it's not that weird, and her parents are okay with it). I'm not much of a reader, but she is and so are her parents, they did Shakespeare with her with dolls when she was growing up, and she likes stuff like Schopenhauer and the Satyricon. Met her at a family reunion (she's not family, but her family is a close friend of my relatives), and we danced to that song "Sway with me" and just hit it off. But, like I said, I'm not really a reader, and even though I managed this night, I'd still like some tips for conversational material for the date. Book recs, trivial, quotes, anything literary or philosophical that wouldn't make me look like a chode

Many thanks

Just be curious and ask her lots of questions, get her to explain things to you. You're probably not going to be able to pull off glittering literary conversation after a few days of reading on the internet. You don't have to have the exact same interests to be good together. Like what if I met a lit girl and she liked authors I couldn't stand? I'm not talking about pleb stuff but serious books that for whatever reason I took a dislike to.

I read a novel once where the protagonist's gf would only read Proust or Celine. Everything else was pleb shit trash according to her and it made it difficult for the protagonist to get along with her and eventually they broke up violently.

It's not that I can't stand who she reads though, I'm just more into vidya and sports, but I don't look down on reading, it's just not me

Just think for yourself, it doesn't matter if you are not that cultured.
And start to read for the sake of human genes.

Don't pretend to be someone you're not

In Veeky Forums parlance that's called being a "pseud"

>I read a novel once where the protagonist's gf would only read Proust or Celine. Everything else was pleb shit trash according to her and it made it difficult for the protagonist to get along with her and eventually they broke up violently.

can i get the name of this? i feel like i know this person

I might not be the brightest of bulbs, but I know reading can't change your genes

I don't, I just want to familiarize myself with her interests more because she's more likely to have a good time then

Don't try to be what you're not. It sounds like she likes you anyway. If you want to get into literature, do it for yourself. Otherwise, you're fine as you are.

Dude you know this is a literal sitcom setup

The answer is to just bee yourself

If being yourself sucks too the answer is to look for happiness elsewhere

Lolita and then kill yourself, you sick pedo fuck

It's called history and culture, without them the human race is lost. You've just proved you can't think for yourself. Let her live a good life with someone that is not a meme from /pol.

>2 year difference
>you sick pedo fuck
That would be acceptable at literally any other set of ages and her parents approve

I don't know if you've ever been in a relationship, but it generally involves trying to gain at least a superficial understanding of what the other person cares about.

She likes me, I like her, so we're going out, and I'm trying to foster it into something lasting

Speedread Moby-Dick. It's straightforward enough to be understood by any dude interested in the subject matter, and old and prestigious enough to impress a vapid wench.

Familiarise yourself by talking to her about her interests.

As another user suggested, things will go well if you take an interest in her.

This is the advice I'm offering you because in all honesty I don't really have an interest in spoonfeeding you knowledge I put the work into attaining. She probably does though, at least a little, as she did agree to go on a date.

Good goyim, believe OP's story

This, at most, start with the Veeky Forums starter pack.

It sounds like this girl knows her shit. If she does the she'll notice your bullshit in a second. On the other hand, it may be a plus to get caught doing this. Maybe she'll be enthralled about how much you like her.

good luck OP

You won't convince her. Trust me.

What leads you to think she'll spend the whole date talking about literature anyways? Who does that?

Thx

I'm not trying to fake it, I'm a regular guy, not George Costanza. I'm just looking for some interesting stuff to talk about that I could introduce so she doesn't get bored

me

Talk about literary anything you actually know about

Your temporary delusions may tell you you're not being Costanza but deep inside your heart you know the truth

She won't, but I know enough about her from talking to her to know she is a rabid literature nut, and it would improve the date if we chatted about it

I dated my friend's 16 year old sister when i was 20 and her parents were ok with it. Honestly not a huge deal. Just treat her like any other human being

In a couple of days you'll only have time to learn how to yell "START WITH LE GREEKS" until she calls the police

It also involves not giving the impression you share her interests when you couldn't give a damn.

>Child Molestation isnt a big deal

Take a shit on her and call her your property.

10/10 post

If you read anything the only thing you will learn is that doing what you're doing is pointless and retarded. If you didn't read before for whatever reason, that reason translates to a previous non-existent interest in literature that came to exist now only as a medium to and end and not an end by itself, which this girl had, has and most likely understands in an authentic way.

In short be yourself and don't force it, if it doesn't work just know that the girl was too good for you anyway.

I obviously give a damn because they're her interests

She agreed to go out with you even while not knowing if you're particularly interested in literature, so that's not the reason she finds you interesting. If you fail at your bluff you may sour the chances for developing the relationship further. I mean, can't you just keep the flow of a conversation and prevent raising the stakes higher than they need to be? Did you do this on all your previous dates?

>16 is now pedophilia territory
That is the legal age in most countries, I doubt your parents are the exact same age

About connecting with her, not literature.

I'm not trying to "bluff", for pete's sake, I just want conservation kindling, why do you have to make it so complex?

Right, I care about literature because she does, and caring about someone's interests is a way to show you care about them and strengthen the relationship

I recommend talking about things you *both* enjoy. Or is that not possible?

We'll probably just make small talk for the most part

user you're the one making things complex

You just need to go there and channel Shia Labeouf. If you want to get into literature there's plenty of time later.

They are

Christ you sound clingy. Maybe work on that first.

Dub dubs of truth

Listen, don't try to say some bullshit that you can't answer follow-up questions to if she asks them. THIS WILL BACKFIRE!

Being a serious, introverted, literature-loving female, I can say that it is probable she wants to go out with you, because you are different than her. Maybe you're more out-going, funnny, quarky, etc. idk. The point is this: If she reads, she'll be able to read you as a sham on your date if your spewing nonsense.

You DO have a point about engaging in your significant other's interests; however, this is the FIRST date. If you continue dating, read the books she recommends so you guys can talk about them together. It is much better to impress later on and hold a lasting impression, than to make a "good" first impression that soils itself in the end.

Honestly, tell her that you don't read much, but that you are open to trying new things and reading new books. Want to impress her? Go out and buy the book(s) she recommends and actually READ them. This is the most impressive action you could take.

Cheers!

Thanks for the actual advice

>Hey lit. Help me to fuck an underage girl :)

The Zone by Mathias Enard

we're the only crew for the job

I'm just saying famalam that when two people are passionate about the same thing, sometimes they fight.

>How could you think that the Lakers are a better team than the Celtics??!!

I was involved with this girl who was a professional chef in a restaurant and she wouldn't let me touch anything in the kitchen. If I was also a cook we probably would have argued over how to fry the duck liver or something. This girl was into some weird shit, like forcefed chickadees.

All you need pham

>16
>child

Back to jizzebel

16 is only a year older than 15, it's an age where girls will still cry at the most inane things.

Legal in Canada. Fuck, it was 14 until 2008 when Harper called in the no-fun police.

Post pics of her feet and I might be able tobhelp you out..

It's pointless to pretend to be literary or to have some actual genuine interest in a topic you don't for the purposes of wooing someone. You'll mess it up, have your Seinfeld moment, and realise what a silly idea this was in a year or so and do it again if you're a retard like me.

just B.E. yourself

>I'm nineteen, so it's not that weird, and her parents are okay with it

>"going out" with someone too young to post on a children's cartoons forum isn't pedo
>a 13 year old going out with an 11 year old would be accepted
Also this.

Who gives a shit about he parents or her hobbies tbqh? I seriously don't understand why you'd need her parents to approve anytging; will you need their approvl to fuck her too? Maybe have them watch? A real man would just take the girl, they don't go the hard tortuous way. Reminder that she's just a hole with legs and you can break her down if you press the right buttons.

>Start with the greeks

t. kissless virgin

oh wow haha

>tfw I'm currently seeing an 18 year old
>tfw I'm 27

Kill yourself.

>tfw I'm also seeing a 20 year old that I used to see while she was 17
>tfw I broke it off with the 17 year old to start long-term dating a 16 year old
>tfw after I broke up with the 16 year old, I immediately had a threesome with another 16 year old and her truant 18 year old "look at me I'm a lesbian" lover

Have you heard of chemical castration? You should really try it.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

user when will u stop, how many more 17 year olds do u have to fuck until yr sated my dude

Women don't call themselves females.

You don't deserve her, go back to /v/

Women with Asperger Syndrome are basically men, however, and do.

based