Was it fair?

“Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin,” said Dumbledore. “However, recent events must be taken into account.”

The room went very still. The Slytherins’ smiles faded a little.

“Ahem,” said Dumbledore. “I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes…

"First–to Mr. Ronald Weasley…”

Ron went purple in the face; he looked like a radish with a bad sunburn.

“…for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”

Gryffindor cheers nearly raised the bewitched ceiling; the stars overhead seemed to quiver. Percy could be heard telling the other prefects, “My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall’s giant chess set!”

At last there was silence again.

“Second–to Miss Hermione Granger…for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”

Hermione buried her face in her arms; Harry strongly suspected she had burst into tears. Gryffindors up and down the table were beside themselves–they were a hundred points up.

“Third–to Mr. Harry Potter…” said Dumbledore. The room went deadly quiet. “…for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points.”

The din was deafening. Those who could add up while yelling themselves hoarse knew that Gryffindor now had four hundred and seventy-two points–exactly the same as Slytherin. They had tied for the house cup–if only Dumbledore had given Harry just one more point.

Dumbledore raised his hand. The room gradually fell silent.

“There are all kinds of courage,” said Dumbledore, smiling. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom.”

Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place, so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood up to yell and cheer as Neville, white with shock, disappeared under a pile of people hugging him. He had never won so much as a point for Gryffindor before. Harry, still cheering, nudged Ron in the ribs and pointed at Malfoy, who couldn’t have looked more stunned and horrified if he’d just had the Body-Bind Curse put on him.

“Which means,” Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, for even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were celebrating the downfall of Slytherin, “we need a little change of decoration.”

Crikey, Harry Potter is badly written.

Dude... it's Harry Potter....

The lesson here is nepotism trumps hard work

Bravo Rowling, Bloom was right

Actually, if memory serves, user tinkered with this quite a bit.

but wasn't the reason Slytherin was always leading was because Snape would shower them with points?

Why would Slytherin have the most points? Did Snape give them all of them?
Ravenclaw would win every time.

>“…for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”
>seen
Wait. How do he did that? There was no people besides harry ad hermonie

Subtle

What did OP change?

Nepotism vs nepotism

This was a battle between Snape and Dumbledore, the houses were just pawns and both supposed educators were acting in an immature manner

he added the cuck references

What cuck references?

at least read the OP before posting in the thread

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

you've just spent three minutes staring at the text trying to find what OP changed haven't you?

??? I did read it. I didn't see anything that I could perceive as altered from the original.

All I did was take 30 seconds to find the actual .txt version online, save copies of both and compare them through a terminal.

But yes 30 seconds wasted I suppose, congrats for making me look.

he looked like a radish with a bad sunburn.

The power level of this meme is over 9000

Nothing. This whole text was cited because the HOWEVER /tv/ meme. The subtlety comes from the fact that this board is not familiar with this meme, so they believe OP is interested in a genuine discussion instead of memeing.

Not him but what threw me off was this . I'm aware of the HOWEVER meme (barely saw it yesterday when I was looking to make a deadwood thread).

I really hate /tv/ sometimes

By being fucking Dumbledore. But seriously the way the chess game is described is pretty painful to a chessplayer. Makes both the players and the narrator sound like total plebs.

but weren't dumbledore and snape on the same side since snape was an undercover death eater for dumbledore?

Only versus Voldemort, not in regards to petty things.

It was just bantz