Why are you still trying to be a novelist when filmmaking and video game development exist?

Why are you still trying to be a novelist when filmmaking and video game development exist?

Don't want to interact with others.

This desu.

i'm not

i'm also not doing any of these things either

No one will publish a video game about an upper middle class literature student musing about the nature of knowledge and emotion for 387 consecutive chapters.

no one will film a movie in which women go extinct because men have been trained from a young age to be flexible and suck their own Dicks.

No book publisher will do that either

Nice trips

I guess you aren't too familiar with literature

Self publishing is viable for games.

because video game writing is for failed movie and tv writers

then why don't you change that? not good enough?

i remember you

because im sick of video games. why would i want to go back to them?

Youre so full of shit you deluded faggot

video games are a gigantic waste of time and believing they'll ever come close to anything resembling art is the epitome of delusion

Literature is far more eloquent than film making and video games. It's like asking an aspiring painter to just use Photoshop.

Words are all I know. Even then, I'm terrible with them.

I abandoned writing books in favor of writing screenplays.

Isn't telling a story the main thing here?

>No book publisher will do that either
ever heard of Createspace, faggot?

The people who help create and host websites?

I wasn't actually being serious, but thanks for ruining the joke.

No, the people who allow self publishing of books. They will print them as people buy them.

Literally every poster on this site is entirely superfluous

>Video games started in the 1970's
>Films started in the 1870's
>Novels started in the 1170's
Give it time famalam

Why do you paint when photography exist?

Nowadays, most games and Movies fall into the same category as "pop lit". Things that are hard to digest or subversive don't normally succeed in those realms unless they are done exceptionally well, meaning the safe bet is to churn out low effort content that conforms to the expectations and conventions of the medium. What you are describing is the epitome of edge (in the eyes of publishers, anyway) and would almost never make it as a book unless it was incredibly well written. However, if you were to soften the edges and make it more unexceptional, maybe cutting out the degeneracy a bit, you will find it much easier to get published. If you take away one thing from me, I hope it is this: the only way to succeed without being an incredible writer is to write ingenuine bullshit.

I don't think my ideas work well in that sort of media.

Because the mediums have different strengths desu - e.g. novels are far superior at showing characters' inner processes, something which film and games cannot.

Video games are for children, fuck off.