This is objective

Prove me wrong
you may

It seems nobody can.

i cannot recognize all of these people give me list of names please

I don't recognize some of these people, but you're definitely right about female "writers" being shit.

This is a good, subtle troll.

>shakespeare below dosto & flaubert & whatever contemporary writers those are.
lel

Why should I? It's obviously bait.

>Petrarch
>Contemporary

I really like the inclusion of Miyazaki. What's Veeky Forums's opinion on him?

I feel that Cervantes is the best example of the dead author theory. I feel that as an individual author he cannot be put above someone like Dante or Shakespeare, but he somehow created one of the most powerful works in history. If we were to talk about books, Don Quixote would certainly be in the top tier, but for authors there is another discussion to be made.

>Dostoevsky above Tolstoy

He's not an author in the same way the rest of them are, so he shouldn't even be on the list, as insincere as it may be.

miyazaki is a hack and if you like him in the Veeky Forums sense you have shit taste

yeah man I just got back from a Petrarch reading, it was dope.

Add Milton to the Olympus tier and you're fairly on-point

I meant your opinion him as an artist in general. You two take things too seriously. I really don't think he's in there in any serious way.
And how the hell is Miyazaki a hack.

>Miyazaki is a hack

Miyazaki's works are in the tradition of the myth and the fairy tale but transcend both those mediums; in his best films, like in all great works of art, the highest human ideals are expressed and brought to light in a way that is unique and meaningful, and parts of the human condition which are most valuable are elucidated in a unique and beautiful way - which, really, is the project of all good art. Needless to say, they are far better than the arthouse trash you probably watch to convince yourself and others that you're patrish.

>dostoyevsky above tolstoy
>orwell on melville's level

damn nigga

>All the shit writers are female
Into le trash le goes

>orwell above brecht
>orwell above kafka

As wonderful as the Souls format is I feel he's treading water creatively.

But their bibliography is all shit, reddit.
Also here's another list with top-notch authors.
They are already ranked too.
Cervantes,Dante>Petrarch,Shakespeare,Calderon de la Barca>Ariosto,Milton,Tasso

Ok let me rephrase
>The only female writers are in shit section
Where would you put Rand and Woolf?

Thanks for not making a shit thread about it.
I mean it, thanks.

Mid-tier both

Been thinking of reading La Galatea, but everyone tells me he never surpassed El Quijote. Should i read Lope de Vega instead?

>Flaubert on par with Dostoievsky
>Kafka above shit tier
>King on par with Tolkien

>now even more objective

>Orwell
>not shit
And I don't even want to go into your Kafka and Goethe placement tbqh pham

un gringo que leyó el quijote TRADUCIDO cree que sabe de qué va la cosa. baka

What's wrong about Goethe?

>shakespeare on any list
ha

Whose that Asian guy on the far left of the Demi-God tier?

why is miyazaki that high?

>Takahata
>above Miyazaki

I agree with this list.

the guy is a hack.

No, if you want to read renaissance Spanish literature I would encourage you to read La Vida es Sueño from Calderón de La Barca. Lope de Vega was ok but Quevedo was way better in my opinion.

I don't see how that has anything to do with death of the author. I think you're saying 'Don Quixote' was a fluke whereas for it to be related to death of the author we'd need something like 'Don Quixote is great despite the aims Cervantes'. Maybe if you think Don Quixote is incredible because it has some kind of commentary or message that Cervantes could never have imagined it could have, it would fit.

>Ayn Rand above Poe

Homer, Virgil, Dante, Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Proust and Joyce are the top tier. Rest are much of a muchness.

wow

Miyazaki in great tier? Did he publish anything other than books regarding his movies or is it because of his movies?

>all women on literal shit tier
lek

He did publish the manga Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, if you want to count that.

Shakespeare literally created half of modern English, so he should get a little more than just great

>orwell above kafka

Prove that that list is objective.

I'll wait.

their placement wasn't good enough mlikely

Is that fucking "Anime was a mistake" Miyazaki on the same tier as Shakespeare?

>Ayn Rand
>Not Litteral shit tier

i'm not okay with this

>wilde
>MID

For what reason is Hesse put so high? I like him a lot, but I don't understand.

i would put Woolf in above-mid and Rand in the trash.

the Nausicaa manga is the greatest manga out there.

N A M E S ?
A
M
E
S
?

>Orwell above Joyce
Nigga wut.

Not the person you replied to, but I read Siddartha and Demian and really liked both, but am having a harder time with Steppenwolf. Can you suggest any secondary reading? I've heard he's heavily influenced by Jung.

No Chaucer? I'd say he goes in the Great Tier if that's where Shakespeare and Dante are.

yeah after I made the list I realised i missed him.
Btw yes he's great/demi-god tier. Also look

Put petrarch in there.

He already is.

>no DFW

oops sorry m8 i confused the cowls.

literally who are half these fuckers?

I really wanna know who the thrifty Dante lookalike is who is also somehow above actual Dante

Why do you plebs hate Poe so much?
Because you were introduced to him in school?

>fucking Jules Verne
>no Racine, Corneille, Huysmans, Saint-John Perse or Valéry
Truly terrible

Petrarca

Wtf is le anime was a mistake man doing there?