What is importanter, philosophy or literature?

What is importanter, philosophy or literature?

>importanter

It's acutally "more important," not "importanter."

One of the many oddities of the English language!

Edit: Thank you for the gold, my good sirs (and madams)!
Edit 2: RIP inbox!!

I appreciate your rhyme scheme, OP.

Delete this.

Plato was actually a Mißgeburt.

this guy too

Philosophy and literature are only important unto themselves. Both consider themselves to be more influential in the whole of life than they really are. This is, of course, true of any body of knowledge, to some degree.

this post so much

this is the most reasonable post i've seen on lit maybe ever.

this is much funnier than it should be to me

A+

I beg to differ. Litterature proves useful when attempting to comprehend bygone cultures and ways of life. Philosophy permeates life as we know it, albeit not overtly. Both are the study of the intangible divide between man and beast, a charade of words and memes with the sole purpose of plotting out the abyss we are all forced to stare into.

Litterature is unimportant to the illiterate, philosophy is unimportant to the animal. As such, I'd say that in terms of cultural establishment philosophy is importanter. In terms of mass market appeal and market value, litterature is importantest.

gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

Holy shit

Philosophy is extremely useful to find value in what you do.

This guy just proposed that philosophy and literature, broad in reach and meaning, are self-contained systems.
And this other guy just hailed it as the smartest post ever.

Let that sink in.

While I disagree that it's anything profound or new (though, to be fair, he never claimed it to be such), I agree with him in the sense that you neither "need" literature nor philosophy.
Of course then the question arises of what "need" really means, but it's enough in this case to claim that you can live a happy life without either.

ayy lmao

Stefan? Is that you?

fuck me, I laughed out lout

Why is this post supposed to be funny?

Philosophy is ideas, while literature is ideas in motion.

This desu.
I like to think of lit as fleshed out philosophies, each providing coherent acts and characters and motifs or in however blend to commit to certain ideas. Kek if philosophy is the concession to the universe and man, the novel is the dramatization, or in some cases the realistic portrayal, or as you said the motion and flow of philosophy. So Hemingway should be closer to philosophy than maybe say Joyce. Take for example Candide, which is regarded as philosophy and barely has any story to it.
Tl;dr i agree wid u

So philosophy is math and literature is physics?

fuck you

physics is not fucking math in motion. jesus. you people are cancer.

This thread, wow, it truly is the first day of summer.

math is the dildo physics is the real dick

Pls stop bitching

*Missgeburt

Get your pedophile cartoons off of this board.

I'm thinking philosophy is single variable calculus, literature is multi-variable calculus.

Infinite Jest is the triple integrals of literature

My dear friend, when you reach your early twenties, as I have, you come to realize that life is short. We're allotted limited hours here on this pale blue dot we call Earth, so we best not waste them. That's why when it comes to reading, I read the best and only the best. And the best is David Foster Wallace. I strenuously urge everyone on this board who's reading this to pick up Infinite Jest when you get the chance. Just remember: Wallace said, "Fiction's about what it is to be a fucking human being." He didn't say, "Fiction's about what it is to be a fucking Witch-king of Angmar."

To the laboratory! nice dubs

Spelling

So, difficult if you're a pleb, but incredibly tedious if you're actually familiar with the field?

10/10