So Veeky Forums, what's made you cry this week?

So Veeky Forums, what's made you cry this week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnCEYtslHc
youtube.com/watch?v=Zpjb24TxkgI
youtube.com/watch?v=bekMj49DLrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact that You'll die a friendless kissless virgin

Same thing as every week, the October revolution.

no gf desu

dysphoria
also a video of a cute baby pig

this wasn't this week, but the most recent one was probably the molly notkin interview chapter

Friend was diagnosed with an aggressive leukemia.

I can't remember the last time I cried, but I've been a mopey little bitch for the past three years because I have no social life and I'm too much of a coward to do anything about it.

lol

my life, im fucking pathetic

I cried laughing with my dad at family dinner this evening.

The Cavs winning one for da land.

Nothing. I haven't felt emotional enough to cry in years.

I literally broke down sobbing with laughter at one of my own shitposts. I forget which one but trust me it was good.

iktftbphwy

nice my dude

Take a break from the internet fo ra day, eat healthy, go for a walk, get some fresh air.

Reassess.

Reread Don Quixote, aside from crying from laughter throughout, the end gets me every time.

can't remember the last time i cried, but the summer always puts me in the mood to kill myself, idk why

This is a nice thread user, I'm actually glad you've posted it again.

I'll say what I said last time:
youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8

Summer is shit, give me that somber beauty of autumnal decay.

>tfw no bf

I've been there

Sorry man

The heat makes me feel like I'm shutting down. I get slow and lazy and I feel like my brain fogs up.
The cold feels invigorating though. I like it. My family has lived in the cold for generations until my parents decided to move to the tropics and raise me there. Maybe I wasn't meant for it \_(ツ)_/

End of Evangelion

re-reading O me O life!

The final scene is among the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed, but for some reason it's pic related that always brings out the tears for me.

Also, since I posted and I just finished watching the show, I'll have to recommend FLCL. Seriously, how the fuck does Gainax do it?

honestly, I didn't cry while watching it, but I had komm susser tod stcu in my head for the while afterwards, so I watched a video of it on youtube that had the scenes from the movie in the background, and that when the levee broke.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnCEYtslHc

When Matthew came home to Downton from the trenches after being missing for a month. He and Mary MUST end up together now.

music and just a general sense of pity for the infinite ugliness of the world

Attending a Bloomsday event for ~11 hours and experiencing a sense of collective gratification at the end of the Penelope recitation. Also nearly touching the Ulysses manuscript & interacting with people who visibly care about the text. It was all just so wonderful.

;___;

I'm so fucked up

That's nice. What was so funny?
iktf
Just let it melt your brain, don't fight it. That's the only way to enjoy it.
t. Australian who regularly deals with 35C+ weather during summar
I'm thinking of getting into this show purely based on how often I see it memed, especially here. The only other Anime I ever watch are Miyazaki movies, what am I in for?
FUCK I wish my city was patrician enough to do this. Where do you live, boy?
I've been reading Stoner so I'm pretty quickly losing track of how many times I've cried this week. The first time though was when Archer Sloane puts to Stoner so bluntly that he is 'in love.' I realised that's exactly how I feel about literature. In that moment, it feels like Stoner's fate is inevitable, also Sloane begins to seem like a much more likable character.

Cried in the shower this morning thinking about the last few lines of The Waves.

Realised my parents are probably going to get a divorce in the sort of near future.

I'm 24

>The only other Anime I ever watch are Miyazaki movies, what am I in for?
A deconstruction of the anime fighting robot genre full of 2deep4u memery and some legitimately great action scenes. Definitely watch it, but try not go in with too many expectations. And don't try and make sense of the last few episodes before watching End.

lol yeah I was thinking I might miss a lot if I don't watch giant robot anime. I'll still watch it though. Are the existential/freudian themes legit though or is that all just wankery?

Man up, you bunch of fucking kids (make sure you don't start crying when you get offended by this post).

>crying weekly
>crying monthly
>crying yearly

Planning to do this in Dublin in the near future

Worth it? Trying to persuade my gf to come with me lol

The Argos excerpt from The Odyssey. Fucking dogs fuck me up man

You got that summertime summertime sadness

broke my leg

atleast i got morphine and lotsa time to read my books

found out my gf is suicidal

the realisation that I can't remember the last time I smiled, let alone laughed.

Reading about illyushas funeral in the Karamazov brothers.

That's quite depressing user. Make sure she gets to a doc/psychiatrist and keep a close eye on her mood.

Yes, the passage about the dog made me teary-eyed as well.

There is nothing wrong with crying user. An emotional release after reading a certain book passage, while alone in your room, is good for your soul. Crying from events going on in life, like some anons have shared, is also good for your well being. Crying from physical pain is pathetic though.

The last time I cried was while watching Wolf Children, and that was weeks ago.

My father died.

So, be there for her. Don't unknowingly detach yourself and drift farther away. Don't be scared. She has probably been abandoned when others have learned of this. Don't be another one, it gets harder every time.

The basic plot is that anime mech pilot kids become self aware of how fucked up and tragic their lot in life is. Then shit goes down and everyone turns into orange juice.

i just don't know how to help her

im not detaching
or at least I hope I'm not

Give me your address, I'll flay you in a saltwater bath and we'll see who's pathetic :)

Considering I only watched it for the opening theme, you'll probably be fine, just don't try too hard to empathize too much with the whiny bitch of a protagonist

I haven't cried for about 2 weeks, that's pretty impressive.

I havent cried in years. Is crying part of the Veeky Forums lifestyle or is it recommended to instead drink one's existential dread away?

I cried two days ago when we put down the only dog I've ever owned.

I have crippling apathy and haven't cried since I was 9

Nick getting bullied by alt-right Nazis.

I didn't cry for a week now.
I'm really sensitive but I always hide to cry,

I teared up while looking at my father; who is dying of cancer, and who I've always known as a burly, strong man, and now his skeletal body is wasting away; and listening to him crack jokes.

Drinking is the opposite of the Veeky Forums lifestyle. Alcohol is a drug used by the proletariat to cope with their miserable jobs. It's always the overrated authors who glamorize alcoholism. What's recommended is to suffer fully and use the thoughts and feelings you have during that time as inspiration for your writing.

you're gonna do both anyway

>Alcohol is a drug used by the proletariat to cope with their miserable jobs

weo weo pseudo alert please vacate the premises

My ex girlfriend/best friend made some awful choices this past week. She believes she has nothing to live for, and she thinks what she has done these past few days are deserved. I moved on from her a while ago now, but seeing her like this hurts and I'm unable to help.

So now I'm alone and listening to Sung Tongs

Recc me a book for these feels Veeky Forums

I cried, but still don't know why.

Veeky Forums the r9k edition

I cried with relief when I found out my mum wasn't dying of cancer and it turned out the doctors had just mixed her results with someone else.

That was in January, you fags cry a lot.

The realization that there's so much fucked up things happening in the world, so much suffering (not just human, but like abandoned kittens too). that we have practically mastered the art of ignoring it all, of not giving a fuck about anything or anyone that doesn't affect us directly. And we must ignore it, otherwise we'd crumble and would be crippled, unable to do anything, not even help make things better.

when i realized western civilization is headed for an inevitable collapse.

You can sue over that

"That was a grown-up kiss. We'll do the rest when you get back."

I told her as much but she wasn't interested. She really should have.

That's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Mine died 10 years ago and it still hurts.

How does he still beat you if he's dead?

His eternal gaze and judgment from the beyond hurts far more than the belt ever could.

A walk to remember

i was out of my meds, so i was wallowing in self-pity for a bit
i tried to use it that moment to write a poem but i don't think it was very good desu, but whatever

>pseudo alert

Huh? I'm speaking from experience. Proles drink to get drunk and forget about themselves and their lives. I come from an upper class background. We do cocaine and drink moderate amounts of wine, simply as a social lubricant, like civilized people. But we certainly wouldn't drink to numb ourselves to our existential dread. We cultured, intelligent people (we've no need for modesty, as you can see) try to reach heightened levels of consciousness. Proles, with their weed and alcohol, try to lose consciousness.

The "pseudo" meme is so overused here it's practically lost its meaning. Find a better word.

>I'm speaking from experience.
>I come from an upper class background

lol

I'm talking about the experience of being around proles at pubs and social gatherings. They drink and use drugs to dumb themselves down lest they accidentally become a little too aware of their misery.

Haven't cried since the last time I was drunk and contemplated my loneliness. Bawled like a little bitch. Put me in a rut for nearly a week. This was a few months ago. I haven't drank heavily since. I used to drink like that at least once a week, if not more. I drank too much so I guess its good that happened. Still more or less alone except for my best friend who has me pretty firmly in the friend zone, but fuck it.

"trying too hard"

a beautiful song i heard

Post the song

Not that user, but I listened to this and teared up when I found out Guy Clark died.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zpjb24TxkgI

youtube.com/watch?v=bekMj49DLrU

Feels bad, man.

;-;

>doesn't even post a song written by him

kek doing him a disservice.

My grandfather's funeral

Finding Dory. a deeply emotional experience of the motion of the dialectic in which an emotional reaction to a familial trope gave way to an even more profound sense of fear, confusion, and disillusion when i understood the power that trope retained over me, causing me, stoned, to bawl uncontrollably in the theater. the child in the row in front me stood on her seat to stare at me, dismayed.

a friend hugged me, and as he did I realized how miserable i am.
I did my best to ignore it for a while, swallowing what life gave me like a good whore, actually thinking that everything is fine.
but he is going through the same shit I'm going through, and would not be fooled by the same shit.
I haven't met him in a long time, and I missed him deeply. The moment his arms closed around me it was like our sadness resonated.
>being gay in a conservative country is hard.

You've been on Xenosystems recently, too.

Misuse of the word dialectic.

sorry bro

go fuck yourself

Was thinking about my father all day on sunday. Weird feelings of wanting to hug the man that abused be made me teat up but I decided to try and see my mom but she didn't answer, saw a friend later that day to play guitar but he ended up talking about how he wants to kill himself. When I got home with my gf she gave me a hard time about somthing I cant even remember, I didn't say another word that day, just cried in the shower and went to bed.

Fuck, where you from?

what the fuck is this non-sentence

glad you liked the movie, though. I'm going to see it tomorrow