Tfw too poor to buy books

>tfw too poor to buy books

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbXz3MXx2DU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use a library. Just because Veeky Forums are fascinated with bookshelves does not mean you should have to spend money on books.
Spengler didn't own a single book when he wrote Decline of The West and he managed just fine.

Same. Before anyone asks why don't I go to a library:

>go to library
>want to get library card
>have to give them two phone numbers
>"You can pick a friend's number, or your girlfriend's number."
>mumble something about having to leave quickly and run out trying not to cry

You live in the age of Internet, it's fucking full of books for free, are you really this retarded

Just give them a fake phone number...

You think they call both?

>tfw no singles policy in libraries as well

don't bother trying to help, the retard won't disappear even if you gave him a lobotomy.

youtube.com/watch?v=lbXz3MXx2DU

Hey. Hey come here. I got something to tell you.
Listen to me. Check this out. Amazon. Google. Crazy shit. I hear it's all the rage with kids these days.

Alibris has most books on sale for 99 cents plus 2.99 shipping. Buy a few chickens and sell eggs to your neighbors and you will have unlimited books.

the librarian wanted the D, user.

property is the realm of the bourgeoisie anyway

The library is only as good as its selection, here's what you should to OP
1)Save money for eReader (kindle is good)
2)Buy eReader
3)Have all the books without having to leave your home.

>buy cheap kindle
>download books

there you go op.

Either pirate them and read them on PC/e-Reader, borrow them, exchange them or go to library. You have many options.
You can find phonephones for 1 euro and SIM cards for 1-2 euros. Hell, you probably have someone from whom you can get a phone for free if you have at least three acquaintances with flagship phones.

I buy used books, once a month I spend up to 20 - 30€. It's usually like 5 - 6 books.

If only there were libraries for books too!

Wow that's awful. I'm gonna avoid libraries just im case.

I hate libraries. Last time I went they had penis inspection day. I didn't want them to know I have a small dick so I left again and then I didn't have any books to read.

At least that's a one-off. My local library changing rooms are always full of jocks. Last time I tried to borrow some books they were all whipping me with their towels and I haven't been back since.

Buy all books used

All 'classics' are worth less than a dollar

In my old college town there was a used bookstore where the guy would literally find classics at the dump for free and then sell them for $8 a pop

The only people who pay top dollar for books are the people who're reading them just to show off

Internet piracy is a gift from the future OP, make sure you pirate books whenever possible.

>Too poor to buy food
>Haven't eaten in two days
>Don't get any money until Thursday
Looks like I'm gonna have to pawn my possessions again.
I'm seriously thinking about exiting soon

The past 3 times I've been to the library I was violently raped by the guard before I could go inside. This was when I was 6. I haven't been back since.

>that much for used books
From a dedicated book store?
I find some really nice treasures at Goodwill, a thrift store/charity, but they are usually a quarter to two dollars a book

Sometimes I sit like pic related for hours, 12 hours sometimes. Crying out to god, rolling on the floor. Calling upon the author... But he doesn't explain a thing.

Swallow your pride and go to a food bank or church if it runs a food pantry for the poor.
I did a few days ago and got a ton of corn and loafs of bread out the ass, and a little bit of meat.

I can't. I've tried before. I believe it is my own fault that I ended up where I am right now. I would sell this laptop but it is not worth anything, I could beg, I could steal... I do none of those things. We each get what we deserve. I should have learnt my lesson by now, but I never do. It is difficult to explain. I feel worse if I take a hand out than I would if I was just to starve.

Sometimes, you can feel yourself going mad, though.
Without the distraction of the internet, well, I don't even know...

>when you donate to food banks you're actually filling the cupboards of autistic NEETs on Veeky Forums

Always thought that food went to homeless Vietnam vets and single mothers. The more you know.

How come the food banks won't give food?

>single mothers

lol single mothers get hundreds of dollars a month in foodstamps, they would never stoop so low as to go to a food bank when they can just wake up and find their EBT freshly topped off with more money thanks to productive people with the skills to support themselves

>vietnam vets

lol those dudes get veterans benefits out the ass, just because they'd rather blow it all on heroin than rent doesn't mean they don't keep a solid stash of canned tuna and beans in their shack

No, they probably would. I look like a fucking junkie but I am not on drugs. Last time I went to see my doctor, first thing he said: ''You look ill''
I was only going in for sleeping tablets, that fucker!
I just don't feel like I deserve help from the food bank as I am only hungry because my choice of food was whiskey and cigarettes. I deserve no aid, in my opinion.

if ur so hungry why don't u get a job?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>computer & internet access

You alt righters are sociopaths, I swear.

Honestly, I got fired because I am a fuck up. I am probably schizoid and had bad side effects from prescription medication. Anxiety, hallucinations, vomiting... I haven't been outside in daylight for 3 months. I tried hanging myself a couple of months ago but the belt snapped.

How did you end up in this situation in the first place?

Because my passions are not profitable. I am unwilling to bend by no fault of my own, and therefore suffer. I didn't ask for this brain or these chemical reactions that force me to behave in a certain way. How can any one man be truly in control?
''Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills''
If you are unwilling to shift (maybe not even consciously), you will quickly learn what it means to lose.

>already spent my monthly book budget but decided to just "browse" my local bookshop
>happen upon one of Adorno's later works
>"I NEED this." feeling seeps in
>put it on hold
>been eating eggs, cottage cheese, protein powder and peanut flour for the past three days so I can shift grocery money to book money

At least I'm able to keep my gains while making dialectical gains.

>ask for 2 phone numbers.

Just tell them you are new to the area.

If you choose drugs over food you've probably consumed so much of them that they are in control of your actions.

Ie: It's not your fault.

>I tried hanging myself a couple of months ago but the belt snapped.
Why not try again? Use a power cable

nah, kinda got the message
one failed attempt and that's it for me
no more of that silly stuff

one for the plug and one for the load

Well enjoy being cucked by existence...

Pirate them, most are easy to find online.
I am in the same boat, I just buy the ones I really liked.

Oh shut up

Why do your libraries ask for phone numbers?

my library needed proof of residence. basically because the library is supported by and for tax payers. You could file a credit card with them if you lived in another town, and you could rent there for free.

See, that's the proof you should buy books. You'll end up writing decling ov de wset if you don't.

Do your parents not have phone numbers?

Sometimes you have to settle for very poor translations that way.

What's your point? A computer is a sunk cost and internet is often comes free with rent.

Thanks Bill.

>>happen upon one of Adorno's later works
>>"I NEED this." feeling seeps in
THE IRONY

>tfw too poor to buy books
>tfw too poor to buy e-reader
>tfw too shy to go to library

secondhand ereader + torrents + libgen + mobilism

this guy gets it

tfw you have a lot of books but are too unmotivated to read or write but it's the only thing you could do to improve yourself.

>tfw too shy to go to library
Seriously?

Good call on budgeting

this is all it takes
spend less than you make you mongoloids
I'm saying this as a college student who will leave college with no debt and with a fair chunk of change in the bank

Have you tried eating your own fingers?

Yes. Occasionally I think about eating other people also.

>yfw i write a three hundred thousand word epic poem that spans time and is talked about a thousand years from now

>mfw you will have been long dead and long forgotten

top kek

you literally don't even have to say anything to go to the library and check out books.

i'm not that user but anxiety ain't a joke man!
those chemical reactions will fuck your shit up, family!

many authors have been reclusive fucks throughout history and still went on to write masterpieces

So you willingly went to the library two times to get raped AFTER the first rape?

>"N-no please don't Mr. g-g-guard! Ughnf."

So I'm not the only one who thought that. Okay.