Show me your comfiest reading place

Show me your comfiest reading place

This is at my university. Used to do all of my readings for a class here.

humboldt park, chicago

>reading in public
disgusting
pic related

At home on the comfy couch. A copy of Ulysses in hand.

I don't really have a good shot of my comfiest place, but here is a shot of my third comfiest reading place.

What country was this photo taken in?

Latvia

really comfy looking apartment tbqh

i'm too embarassed to read in public

me too

home is always the right and secure choice

In my bed.

Nice looking place!

Where in Humboldt park is this?

Nelson Atkins Museum of Art. That spot on the top of the hill, in front of the bright white building. Its actually pretty high up, no one can really see you from the foot paths. Great place to smoke a joint and read a book.

I wouldn't pull the lever for you

Mhm

In bed of course

Step it up, normies.

>mini-maze
>transparent so hobos don't use it as a rape dungeon
I want one for my lawn now

I have none

tfw I have a guinness mirror and bottle of bells too.
I was going to try and one-up you by taking a photo of a book in the freezer but can't be arsed to.

Rate it

Tall, unkept grass. Probably full of insects, snakes and frogs. 0/10

>tfw you will never live in that lighthouse.

It's actually a stone bench, I'll take a different pic after work

Must be nice reading To The Lighthouse there.

Though I also greatly enjoyed it lying on my carpet, high.

is that auschwitz

Well, I read a book in the parking lot of the camp where Anne Frank died and was buried. It was an Anne Frank biography. I was high and cried.

Favorite place to be, favorite thing to do

Ugly feet desu

post soles though

hey bby

But in all honesty: that place looks rad.

This doesn't make any sense.

Here's some sunshine

Why have a pretty place to read in? Wouldn't it only distract?

Honestly, the ideal would be a fucking dungeon, a cellar or an unfurnished room.

How lush

I hope there's some alcohol in that soda.

all my old favorite places are ruined in the summer because there's always someone mowing the lawn or doing maintenance and it's creepy to be all alone in empty buildings; and heat and bugs
when the temp is 45-55 with no wind is peak cozy outdoor reading time

Actually, that's Jäger, so, yeah

how wear jeans when at home lounging
get over it!
n1ce
:( i'm depressed too buddy
read on the rocks leading to the light house :3

Too exposed, hope you like skin cancer.

Sweet. What are you reading?

Bed.

Are you ticklish?

nice """""book"""""

Little distraction doesn't make you dislike a book or something.
Anyway, in OP's place there are no distractions. Sometimes a car drives by. I can literally focus on book and breathe fresh air, and start a shitty thread in Veeky Forums that somehow got more than 10 replies.

It's a local modernist author, you wouldn't know him

Yea, I kinda am

Nice.

Good point my gf gets on me about wearing jeans also. Need to find some comfy pjs -- rec?

Whoever designed that terazza likely bastardized Palladio from a textbook.

Thanks -- I try to keep everything you minimal to reduce clutter. Eyeballing another book tower soon with more books on the way.

It's one of the few n. Italian apartments with central a/c. Lots of natural light is mandatory.

Can I tickle you?

die

These two are sitting where I normally do
There aren't usually people here

Actually, we only had an idea that it should look mediterraneish, and it came up this way. Not really designed, heh

At this little coffee shop underneath my favorite book store.

Forgot picture

Not my favourite, I just happened to be there yesterday.

Not bad to be honest with you

Mooie stad, meneer

Are you the cause of that bent, you fat fuck?

Those women look europpeen, the cash register is on the europe side instead of the american side as well, where is this city.

That's what I thought too until I found two ticks feeding on my blubbery belly this morning, up to their necks in the goodness that is I. Now I'm hoping I have enough time to finish starting with the Greeks before the neurological symptoms of Lyme's disease kick in.

>file name

It could be beethovens surname or pet name, thank you though.

Mea culpa
You're welcome, it's a city in the Netherlands

haha, dank u beste kerel

I don't understand, it's like someone built one building and then cloned it?

It's very isolated, which is nice. But it's also a hard to trek back down to the city when the rain starts.

It doesn't get much comfier

Sweat pants.

>tfw mong and posted sideways pic
sorry bros

this thread is terrible and all of you should be executed.

"comfy reading spots" is such a instagram-millennial piece of tripe. Who the fuck cares where you read. Your environment shouldn't affect the study of literature to any degree, so fuck off with your reading-in-the-woods kitsch. Reading isn't some Victorian-Transcendentalist fantasy that you romanticize with self-masturbatory Waldean-airs. The best place to read is a desk and a chair with a good source of light, because that's all you fucking need to read a book.

If i see another pair of crossed legs with a smug self-important caption from the anonymous shit-eater I'm going to shoot up my local park. Neck yourselves.

My neck hurts just looking at that photo.

>he doesn't know the pleasure of reading a book where your environment matches that of the book's
I feel sorry for you.

The only thing worse than participating is whinging about those who participate. A dignified man would simply have ignored the thread.

writing that was more self-masturbatory and smug than the entire thread combined

>getting mad at people for reading out in the sun and having a good time
>getting this mad about bullshit

I generally read at home but if I want some sun and fresh air and a change of setting I read at the botanical garden near my apartment. Pic related. There generally aren't that many people there and the sounds of the water running and the birds chirping soothes me.

Is that the actual place? Where is it?

Pretentious or not, I think this thread is worthwhile as an anthropological insight of the locales within the urban habitus that invite quietude and contemplation.
This sort of display is vastly more interesting if you interpret it as an ethnographer instead of a grouchy guppy.

It's the native plant garden at the New York Botanical Garden, yeah.

>New York
Are you a richfag?

>pretentious or not
>worthwhile as an anthropological insight of the locales within the urban habitus that invite quietude and contemplation

thanks for clearing that up

>Bronx
nope

Lol, what the fuck? What kind of maroon drinks Jäger like that (or at all after freshman year)?

sorry should have read "into" not "of"

Home

This is so beautiful, where was it taken?

Outside is nicer than at a desk though

guaranteed responses

honest to goodness quite comfortable. looks out at shitty buildings but I put the chair near the window for natural light mostly.

near the southeast corner of it, by damen and north ave

see
i blundered it

Thanks for responding. Looks awesome. I hope to visit this summer while I'm in Chicago.

That looks chill as fuck user.

hope you get the chance to check it out

I would sit on the stairs in front of the student union building with a pipe (dont hate) and some tobacco they mix down the way.

The boat is called "HORIZON LINES". It didnt leave port for over a decade.

Left last month though after Id long left town.