I just finished reading this, thoughts?

I just finished reading this, thoughts?

no you didn't

did too

you read a (bad (more than usual)) self help book. grats.

I guess you have a point, it didn't make me want to better myself at all or anything, I found the story interesting though

Well at least you didn't want to better yourself afterwards. That's all that counts in the end.

is it "legal" to use () inside ()?

style guides generally say you should use [] inside () but i was lazy

Yes, but, unless you have a reason to, you should probably avoid it.

>he's too much of a chicken to give his own opinion in the OP

>waltzes into literature forum
>says has read one of the most widely reviled works in literature
>asks for thoughts
I'm honestly slightly impressed at your give-no-fucks attitude.

I liked how this book had no characters and the message was basically "be yourself." 10/10 would line my birdcage with it again.

A girl who wants my dick and knows I read constantly snaps me holding this book.

Actually it's more about happiness.You already have it,you needn't search for it or some shit.It was cool when i was younger but now it's not that exciting of an experience.

the worst book i've ever read

>the message was basically "be yourself."

It doesn't even say that. It says "do nothing and everything will happen the way it's supposed to". It's one of the most banal and unfulfilling morals in any story I've ever read.

I'm still mad that I bought this book instead of renting it or downloading a PDF.

>tfw you think it's okay, and a good intro for people trying to get into reading

Christ, I bought this last week (at a charity bookshop for 99p) because I'm interested in alchemy, how bad is it?

Utter drivel

not worth the paper its printed on tbqh

sorry boutchya

>honestly slightly impressed

Have you ever wanted to transmute paper and effort into ink and shit?

don't allow her to touch you

I thought it was pretty sweet, feck the haters. His Witch of Portobello was a lot better though

For an Irishman you have poor taste.

You just read the damn book, why don't you give us your thoughts instead of seeking approval?

I read it in middle school and from what I remember I thought it was a lame self help book with pseudo-spirituality and inapplicable advices for life.