Is this the only way to get children to read in this era?

is this the only way to get children to read in this era?

No

They're joke books, calm down.

I went to school at a turning point, when i was a kid my teachers would teach us a lot of outdoorsy type stuff like where the red fern grows, and white fang, and hatchet.
Then one day my teacher breaks out this new book called harry potter.
And literature was down hill since then

This.

Just like Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, I originally saw it in the humor section in BooksaMillion.

Tabula Rasa OP. All a child needs is a good upbringing with competent parents who will not feed them garbage pleb filler from an early age. I don't like Harold Bloom, but he was right about one thing: Reading Harry Potter (or books like it) prepares you for reading Stephen King.

No

This is just the modern equivalent of those medieval books with fart jokes and scribes chasing after snails with axes.

humor is dead

fucking god damnit

kids these days are so stupid!

MY generation on the other hand...

Make sure your kids get autism then make them take the bus to school, that way they'll start reading to try and ignore all the people bullying them.

Emojis will be integrated into our language in a manner not dissimilar to the pictographic characters of East Asia.

Did you hear about the user who didn't like minecraft jokes?

He was a pleb!

I remember they had smiley faces back when i had dial up and used aol instant messenger.
But for some reason niggers and teenage girls and corporate board room members that use the word millennial unironically think its a new phenomenon

I think they are cute

I am black and I don't think that at all

>Im black
get out

>Someone got offended and doesn't have an argument
>/pol/

But /pol/ is explicitly for people who are easily offended and can't form coherent arguments.

>Knock Knock
>who's there?
>He was destroyed.

Then go

>le only one person could possibly be talking to me meme
Haha nice

If you think people should go away for being black then /pol/ is a place you would enjoy.

>cant even make greentext green

the joke went too far

This actually makes a lot of sense because Romeo and Juliet were stupid teenagers.

>le ebin romeo n juelit were idiots meme xDDD

They were.

It's a serious driving point of the plot.

WHAT'S ON THE NEXT PAGE
I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT LAVA, DROWN

I once saw someone respond to a picture of this with
>if you take away the elizabethan language Shakespeare really isn't notable
To this day that is the stupidest lit-related statement I have ever seen on the internet, including Veeky Forums bait specifically designed to look retarded

>did you hear a skeleton?

Who's even the target audience for that?
teenagers don't text like that
children won't care for it
adults won't like it
who the fuck would read it?

I think the point is to make people confused and angry.

Autists have difficult time with abstract thinking. This is the only kind of humor they can understand.

what's sad that they are still the best on that currently most popular books stand

>millennial humor

this is actually pretty meta

The ones who really want to read will find it eventually. They will be drawn to it.

>did you hear a skeleton?

Beetlejuice