How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TIME DONT REAL LOL

if it's white text on a stock photo it must be true

I'm not smart enough to understand it.

The moments follow each other; nothing gives them the illusion of content or the appearance of meaning; we contemplate their passage, prisoners of a stupid perception.

its something you think of when you are young

Like the Sokal affair all over again, except worse.

Metaphysically speaking, there is only the present.

>time is isn't real because our way of counting it is fabricated
Tell me that again in 100 earth-laps around the sun. Oh wait. Time will have passed and WE'LL BE DEAD

time is a series of fixed points used to measure motion

saying it doesn't exist because it's an abstraction is like saying distance doesn't exist

Time is real, but only to the relation of movement. Time does exist.

Gotta think about that one. Gimme a minute

this

youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

I thought Nietzsche despised Schopenhauer "just give up" attitude

He had a love/hate relationship with schoppy

Nietzsches entire metaphysics pretty much comes from Schopenhauer though

He did, but he still respected the fuck of ol' Schoppy.

Dedicated a pretty lengthy essay to him.

Annoyance. There are plenty of interesting aspects to time, the arrow of time in particular, but the OP is slobbering mouthbreather tier

>weight doesn't exist. Scales exist. Pounds and kilograms are a social construct. We have been programmed to think fat (which doesn't real because pounds don't real) women aren't sexy. Weight isn't tangible.

#HAES #HA800Pounds #fatactivism #fatpositive

He still respected schopenhauer as someone who devoted his life to philosophy and lived heroically

Weight doesn't exist though. It's a combined measurement of density and gravity. You're stuck on geocentric thought.

Stoner thoughts. Humans are diurnal and possess great intelligence for organization and classification. Schedules create consistency and efficiency, and you can't have those without time. Don't worry though, every one of us is angsty.

Annoyed enough to voice my thoughts on an anonymous imageboard.

We are slaves to time and it kind of makes me sad.

Nothing exists though. Everything is just your minds representation and no one can access the noumenal sphere with a human mind. You're stuck on anthropocentric thought.

I win @ sophistry

Duration is real, sorry.

Our knowledge of nature tells us that time is quite like space. Surely it is different, but essentially they are like traffic lights: one may argue that red is fundamentally different from green because on red light cars are stopping while on green cars are passing, yet their nature is the same. So arguing that there is no time is like arguing that there is no space. Which still may be true from some points of view, though.

go fuck yourself

Then how do I know its summer?

This is some shit people say in this really gross masturbatory look at how deep I'm being way

like how someone says "money's just paper" or whatever

LITERALLY literally LITERALLY literally five seconds on wikipedia would prove this idea wrong but noooo gonna jerk it to how dEEP i'm being

Yeah tru

the number 4 doesn't exist either, it's just 2 time 2

t r i g g e r w a r n i n g

>GUYS YOU GOTTA BREAK FREE FROM SOCIETY'S OPPRESSIVE CLOCKS
How would you do this even if you wanted to?

We may not know something like an "absolute" time, but by comparing events to other events we can produce our own definition of it. It's subjective, yes, but that doesn't mean it's not real.

Of all the things to be skeptical of, why time?

So because it's a construct it doesn't exist? I guess the Eiffel Tower isn't 300 metres tall then, because length is arbitrary. I must remember to post this picture on Facebook later.

Dumbest thread on Veeky Forums right now.

I get that this thread is filled to the brim with dumb 13 year olds, OP especially, but give me one good reason why time isn't substantive and/or why we don't possess temporal parts.

Honestly, in the future, I would be surprised if OP was still living at the age of 105

Segmentation of time isn't time. There is a "feeling of time". Read Bergson. Stupid thread.