Friendly reminder that if you don't have significant writing experience before the age of 25 your potential will always...

Friendly reminder that if you don't have significant writing experience before the age of 25 your potential will always be neutered because of your untrained, aplastic brain. Get crackin

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2010/jun/27/robert-mccrum-books-walt-whitman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pseudo-science

Friendly reminder that if you don't have significant sexual experience before the age of 25 your potential will always be neutered because of your untrained, aplastic brain. Get crack-a-lackin.

sorry your ship sailed m8, maybe if you try really hard you can become a second-rate author.

>untrained, aplastic brain
I bet you think only children can learn languages

They can several times easier than adults. And when you're competing with Joyce, Shakespeare, etc that handicap knocks you out of the league entirely.

Kierkegaard didn't start until 30, and his prose in danish is on par with the best I've read, Joyce and Nabokov included.

>They can several times easier than adults
Wrong. They are learning literally all day though. An adult with 6 hours a day for six months should be able become fluent in a language similar to their own

>outliers

Okay kid, if you really think you're that great. But I think we all know you're not special enough to play catch-up.

I have no intention of writing, I just get kicks from proving people wrong on the internet, """""kid""""".

>reading without writing

Almost as bad as trying to appreciate music with no musical training

I just want you to know what you reminded me has been refuted. Post an article supporting your view so we can make fun of it please.

Sorry about your failed writing career bro. Not everyone wants to be a writer though so stop projecting.

>implying I read

You're real slow, huh sport?

Not the same user, but there's literally nothing wrong with reading and not writing, or listening to music and not making it. Now, being a CRITIC of literature/music without formal literary/music training and without ever having written/composed yourself is the ultimate form of hypocrisy.

Who knows what one can and can’t do? It is never safe to assume something just because you have seen other people fail in the same situation. You can never calculate the exact trajectory of a human life. There are several factors to be considered: force of will, love for the craft, freedom of thought and character, creative possibilities that nobody even know that are there.

You cannot simply look to someone’s stats and say: “Ok, this person presents an IQ of only a% and speaks only his only language, so we can assume that he/she is not going to produce nothing of value”. Really, is this simple? And what if this person really loves literature and starts to work with a fanatic force for the next twenty years. Can you really say what this person might achieve?

What would you say to 23 year old Shakespeare, with 3 children, living in a small rural village helping his fatter in a tannery and glove-making business, married to a woman some 8 years older than him: what would you say to him? “Give up, you are forever screwed, you will never amount to nothing, your writing is bad”. And then he would work and write some of his first plays, “The Two Gentlemen of Verona”, “The Comedy of Errors”, parts of “Henry VI”, and you would look to this texts and say: “Yeah, you are struggling, but you will never produce anything like the old tragedians of Athens or like Marlowe”.

My advice is that anyone who wants to achieve anything simply keep moving forward even when confronted by people like you. Human beings have achieved great things despite the fact that poisonous people like you have always walked Earth trying to pull everyone else to your level. People like you seem to feel personally battered by the sight of anyone else trying, to the point you need to offend the person and try your best to make him/her stop producing, to kill everyone else when they are still in the bud, or they might actually succeed and make you feel even worse for being who you are.

>It is never safe to assume something just because you have seen other people fail in the same situation.
Would you jump off a cliff if you saw everyone else do it and die?

What is considered significant?

Friendly reminder that you probably have no friends OP.

oops, I didn't have to remind you of that, now did I

what a stupid reply

This is barely a discussion about literature, if it is at all. It is mere assertion, unsubstantiated, of a matter that is in the domain of science and psychology, concerning the brain's ability to learn new things.

This is unless you are just indirectly seeking examples of literary authors who came to their calling later on in life. In this case a google search would have led you to:

>theguardian.com/books/2010/jun/27/robert-mccrum-books-walt-whitman