Recommend me some true patrician literature. I'm sick of only reading entry-level shit like Vonnegut and Faulkner

Recommend me some true patrician literature. I'm sick of only reading entry-level shit like Vonnegut and Faulkner.

Other urls found in this thread:

libraryofbabel.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck OFF /mu/ how about you find some shit on your own developing your own taste for once

Green Eggs and Ham.

Step one: Go outside. That's it. You clearly need to go outside.

>entry-level shit like Vonnegut and Faulkner

finnegans wake you filthy plebeian

Vonnegut and Faulkner are taught in high school for a reason: they're entry-level.

if you think faulkner is entry level you aren't reading faulkner right.

Don't make me summon the corn father.

Really, Gabriel Marquez is entry level?

Won a fucking Nobel Prize.

>hur you just aren't reading it right

>nobel prize not being entry level

>"Won a fucking Nobel Prize."
>Nobel Prize meaning anything

start with the bible and homer

Assisted Living. Has an amazon review that says "where are the SJWs when you need them".

Behold the dream of Borges realized.

libraryofbabel.info/

Dream of Red Mansions isn't even written in classical Chinese. Pretty pleb.

read Céline, Sebald, Thomas Bernard, Clarice Lispector, Life: A users manueal by Perec

Hey dubs, it's quads, any recommendations on good translations or where to start with your list?

Tacitus, Cavafy, Albert Caraco, Gracián, Ariosto, Lautréamont, Gómez Dávila, Ernst Jünger, Snorri Sturluson, Paul Valéry, Chamisso, Larbaud, Ortega y Gasset, De Quincey, Ernest Hello, Sterne, Casanova, Bossuet, Cecco Angiolieri, Terence, Alfieri, Julien Gracq, ibn Khaldun, Saltykov-Shchedrin, Retz, Pindar, Goldsmith, Khayyam, Hölderlin, Mallarmé, Svevo, Kawabata, Bloy, Musil, Gide, Kenshin, Baratynsky, Calvino, Stendhal, Marcus Aurelius, etc.

Life: a users manual from Vintage
Hour of the Star: latest translation
Céline: Journey to the End of the Night, followed by Death on credit. You can stop after that, or continue with the war trilogy if you really love him
Sebald: Rings of Staurn
Thomas Bernard: Just pick something

Thanks, hoss.

And I unforgivably forgot Joseph de Maistre.

Gargantua & Pantagruel
Carpenter's Gothic
Moby Dick
The Betrothed
The Apes of God

Well, for once I am glad to be native swedish. Can't think of anything harder to translate t b h, but even though I thought the translation read pretty dull I guess it should be still very worth to read it.

What did he mean by this?

More like Naive Swedish

quality :Ddd

>no one showed appreciation for my list of patrician writers

It's not like they're discussed often here.

nice.

just know that when i read your list i felt overwhelmed by your superior intellect

Middle brow and lower will think you're really smart if you say you've read Infinite Jest and like it.

Smart people know better than to be impressed by the fact that you've read some books.

Esoteric mediaeval Latin poetry. Elegiac couplets are for andies though; read either exclusively dactylic hexameter (and not dumbasses who took weird liberties with the meter—it must be D/S-D/S-D-S-D/S-D-S) or meters with fewer than 10 total attestations in Latin lit
Anything else is churl tier

*dandies and D/S-D/S-D/S-D/S-D-S

I've saved every name listed in my word doc of patrician authors that I will read in 50 years. thanks friend

>nobel prize

IKR