Great books with <200 pages

Hey. I'm going to spent six weeks in a psych ward soon and since the use of electronics is highly limited and I assume it gets boring really fast, I thought this is a good time to get into literature. What are the best, must read books under 200 pages? Can be from any time period or genre, really.

This is what the wiki is for. Look at it.

What are you going in for?

By Night in Chile by Roberto Bolaño is great.
Whores for Gloria by William T Vollmann is very good but very sad.
Agapē Agape by William Gaddis is very good.
Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon is under 200 pages, I believe.

If I may ask, why do you want books under 200 pages?

Tortilla Flat, Cannery Row, Sweet Thursday, Travels with Charley and of Mice and Men, all by Steinbeck
Petersburg Tales by Gogol
Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky
Ficciones by Borges
Siddhartha by Hesse
Steppenwolf by Hesse

These are all short and cute. Ficciones is the only one that might scare off a noob since it's highly cerebral.

> If I may ask, why do you want books under 200 pages?
Nothing particular, my attention span is just at an all time low right now. Tried to read some big Stephen King book and it didn't work out. I just like them small.

Fair enough. In that case, I might skip the Bolaño, Gaddis, and Pynchon. As another user said, try for some Steinbeck. I'm reading Raymond Carver's What We Talk About When We Talk About Love right now, it's short and the stories within are even shorter. It's good and relatively easy. However, it's another sad one.

Borges writes in a pretty accessible way though. But I still wouldn't recommend it to a newcomer as half of the fun comes from all his referencing.

>I just like them small.
Try something by Nabokov

i kek'd

Roadside Picnic is about 200 pages. Pretty good book

Anything by Jim Thompson, all of his books are only about 150 pages but they're all really good and considered classics of their genre.

I've only read A Dame to Kill For and Savage Night, but they were both rather good. The Killer Inside Me is supposed to be his best work, and I've heard good things about Pop 1280

>Sartre: Nausea

Wut? I can't imagine there's even one edition of "Nausea" that's less than 250 pages in length.

U wot m8

Cat's cradle felt very short

Death in Venice, Thomas Mann.

Chess Story by Zweig

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Erofeev, "Moscow to the End of the Line". Possibly the greatest book of 20th century and a very short one at that.

Pan by Hamsun and Death in Venice by Mann.