How do I learn to love reading?

As the title says how do I learn it?In a way I already love it but just have hard time doing.I either get sleepy or just reread the same sentence over and over.Perhaps I have problems with concentration and if do how can I solve them?

Other urls found in this thread:

macmillanreaders.com/tests/level-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't know what love is

Maybe anime and 'vidya' are more your speed.

Erase all distractions. Then focus on reading

I dont watch anime because it makes me cringe and I barely even play video games.I dont understand why you are so angry but whatever. Hope you fix whatever problems you have.

spend a week off the internet

Just read. That's all there is to it, really. Last year when I got back into literature again after a break I couldn't really read much longer than 30 minutes before getting distracted/ bored. If you're actually interested in literature, your desire to read will grow as steadily as your concentration.

Read something that interests you. If reading a novel already feels so daunting, stick to reading articles on websites like The NY Times or The Economist regularly. Then start reading the features. That's what I did anyway to start a reading habit.

Do what I did. Get a bunch of ebooks, then start reading one. If you're interested and engaged, keep going. If you aren't, stop. Rinse and repeat. Not only will you end up reading a lot of good books, you'll have a more definite idea of your taste than the pseuds who force themselves to read things because they're classic.

if you have to ask that, you're in a bad way

reading is a medium. some people enjoy the medium for what it is, others enjoy what the medium offers through itself.

which one are you

>you're in a bad way

I know but like I said already I just get extremely exhausted or have to reread something and even then can't understand what I'm reading.
I really need it and not using it won't help me anyway.
>a novel already feels so daunting
Yeah for some reason novels bore me the most but I want to read something easy before going to sleep and In general build concentration for non-fiction which is my goal.
Will try it.
>people enjoy the medium for what it is
I don't understand how someone would read just for the sake of reading
>enjoy what the medium offers through itself.
Obviously.

>I don't understand how someone would read just for the sake of reading
Then find another medium

You're obviously an idiot. Reading isn't for you.

>being that much triggered
If youre not reading for the information what is even the point you niggers.

And nobody does, except self-obsessed pseuds.
People read because they enjoy it. Maybe it's just not for you, user, there's nothing wrong with that. If you really don't wanna miss out, the only way to get used to it is to simply read more.

If you're about novels, pick something that suits your interest and just go for it. Maybe check the Veeky Forums starter kit.

Your thoughts are my property. As I do not like them and as they are mine I extinguish them

then read for the purpose of taking back something from it, than just for the sake of reading. read about practical things, or what you're interested in. don't listen to my more elitist brothers.

You're an autist. Heed the advice of the user above and go back to /r9k/

>then read for the purpose of taking back something from
For what else then?
>read about practical things
Actually I prefer abstract things but the way he worded it sounds stupid.
Of course I am!I'm amazed by your refutation and admit the defeat!

for what else? enjoyment of proseand use of language. it's an art people come to appreciate. this is why people are telling you to go away

>enjoyment
then youre still taking something

Read good books instead of shitty ones

You gather property to desire meaning but unfortunately your property is pointless and powerless.

And how do I know which books are "good"?

Basically you want something in the trifecta of things within your reading level, things within your interests, and things within your attention span.

So senpai what do you like to do in your time off? Favorite movies/shows?

I'd also like to suggest the idea that you shouldn't read if you don't want to. Reading's a crazy rewarding medium but it isn't some nectar of the gods that will instantly give you a big penis and a mensa membership

I'm really interested in philosophy but just don't have the concentration to read most of the books considering how long and hard(at least for me of course) and usually just end up reading their wikipedia/short pdfs(10-20pages).

By learning how to discern value, you stupid fuck.

Meditation has been proven to improve focus. Google some studies on it. It is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

read accessible classics from different genres (from biography to children's literature) to sample which genres you like best. it's a start.

i recommend alice in wonderland. it's an easy but very rich read.

There is no such thing as love. We are enchanted by others first through lust for the superficial, the corporal as you are with the idea of reading books and being cultured.

Like a marriage, your pursuit of books shall be achieved not through love, but through dedication. You may nod off or look towards other women - you cannot help it. What you can do is never give up, always remember your goal, dedicate yourself buy allotting time to read, pick yourself up when you fall.

The things is that it doesn't matter if the book is easy or difficult its just that I get tired really easy no matter.

You have to understand that the 1st pages of a book are almost always boring as fuck. The trick is to pick a good book about something you like, and make it through those pages without saying it's shit.

macmillanreaders.com/tests/level-test

Give this a go. Then try to match your reading level with one of these books:

Sophie's World, a LOT of Camus, The Republic, Meditations, Letters from a Stoic, The Moral Sayings, Fragments (Heraclitus), Man’s Search for Meaning, Essays (Montaigne), Nature and Selected Essays, Essays and Aphorisms (Schopenhauer), History of Western Philosophy, Consolations of Philosophy, Looking at Philosophy: The Unbearable Heaviness of Philosophy Made Lighter, Literary Theory: An Introduction, The Story of Philosophy, Discourse on the method, Existentialism: From Dostoyevski to Sartre, Candide, Siddhartha, A Little History of Philosophy, How to Live (Bakewell), Conjectures and Refutations

also you may have ADHD 2bh. No shame in getting tested

I got Upper Intermediate level but that its considering English is my second language and I never really studied it.I would have done better if I took some effort to study it but I have no problem understanding everything and in really special cases I use goolgle for phrases or words but I have no problem with syntax.
Also but how do I match my reading level with the books?I guess I'm retarded and just don't get it.

>ADHD
most likely

Also for some reason my post ended up looking like a complete mess but I hope that its coherent enough for you to understand it because I'm way too tired do it again.

But the first three pages of Listen, Little Man! are the best in the book because of how pointed they are.

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

>That pasta again
I have seen this pasta so many times and even tried doing it but It hardly helps.

Practical and thorough. We need more people like you.

Are you reading when tired? Try reading after breakfast or something

>tfw upper intermediate

It doesn't matter at what time of the day I read.

>also you may have ADHD 2bh. No shame in getting tested

Nice spook.

bu,p

Read books that interest you. Manifest whatever fantasy you have concerning books into action through your lukewarm intent.

Hypnotize yourself. I am not joking. I hypnotized myself this January and have been reading like a madman ever since.

How?Please elaborate

I don't get it, reading is not hard.

I literally spend the entire day in bed reading; the hours fly by so quickly.

Just open the book and read, I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I like reading but I have the same problem with rereading the same sentences over and over. I eventually snap out of it though and continue on with the story

I never said that its hard.I said that it just gets me tired/sleepy for some reason even when I read novels.