Soon

Soon ...

Expect some kind of announcement after the S6 final

I'm guessing 2017 for TWOW, and no sooner than 2024 for ADOS

IT'S HAPPENING

He won't live long to finish it will he ?

he's not that old

But he that Ischemia/Diabeetus ridden look about him.

Maybe if he finally pulled some work out of his fat ass we'd get it 2017-2018. Frankly not very optimistic he'll finish this series by the time he dies. Despite press reports he looks likely to keel over from a heart attack in the next five years. GURM hit a creative and work ethic block after ASOS and it shows. Hell I'm not even that interested in his writing, I want closure to the characters mainly.

Not literature. reported.

I don't think he has written a word in at least a couple years.

If Quentyn isn't alive and Sweetrobin doesn't turn out to be the most powerful psychic in westeros this'll have been one hell of a wait. The only way that this can be worth it is if nearly all of the most insane and far-reaching theories are worth it.

at least 1/3 of the Veeky Forums catalog isn't discussing books right from the OP at any given time.

is there a hint of quentyn being alive? didn't we see from his own pov that the dragons breathed fire on him and he wasn't immune?

I think it's implied that he wasn't burned like everyone else we've seen so far and instead just had his clothes ignited by the heat of being near the dragons. Everyone else is described as instantly having their eyes boiled out and being crisped to nothing within a second while Quentyn feels heat, looks at himself and sees flames and then has his 'OH SHIT' reaction, then his last POV ends. From then on all we get is an unrecognizable burned body. I think his friends are also acting kind of strange afterwards when they talk to Barristan. They sound like they have something planned and will stick around Mereen, but I don't think they'd do that unless they were still working with Quentyn. If he died I'd figure they'd just be aiming to get back to Dorne by any means possible.

GRRM should get more credit for his involvement with the show. It's absolutely terrible this season without him

oh yeah, I think I've seen a video about that theory, I didn't notice the thing about the eyes boiling out though. yoinks matey.

Yeah, the eyes are the main thing I noticed. Everyone else is noted to have their eyes boil due to the intensity of the fire but Quentyn *sees* himself burning if I remember right. I think that his sleeve caught fire or something and then he panicked. Then his friends got the idea to fake his death for some reason.

My thinking is that after being laughed at Quentyn decided that he'd man up and force a situation where he'd be able to save Mereen, meaning that Kelly C. would be obliged to marry him in return for saving her stupid slavery project.

it's not creative or work ethic block that will hit him, it's Alzheimers.

Stating your reports is against the rules idiot...

it makes sense from the way it's presented that he isn't burned then, but how is that possible? his father's doran martell, and I didn't think his mother was targaryen. he'd have to be a targaryen though in order to have the fire immunity, right?

I don't think Quentyn is immune to fire. I think that what happened is that the dragons didn't breathe fire at him. Something else might have happened that could have caused a less severe ignition. maybe Quentyn somehow had oil or something like that on him and the heat of the dungeon combined with dragons breath was enough to light it? I've heard one theory that his whip would have been coated with some kind of oil which would be flammable, that might make sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quentyn was burned, maybe even disfigured to some degree. But I don't think he's dead. SoIaF has always been harsh and violent but it never reveled in it. GRRM wouldn't go out of his way to set up a character just to pull a 'HAH, HE'S DEAD! BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, FAGGOT!'

Lastly I think that Quentyn's a lot more capable than he gives himself credit for. If Doran Martell thought to send him to Essos I think he must have had faith that he could pull off the job. Book Doran isn't a moron who would let himself get BAD POOSIED, he's supposed to be one of the sharpest and most calculating men in Westeros. He wouldn't waste his heir on bad odds.

kek, that makes more sense. yeah, I guess the signs are pointing to him being alive, but his plan definitely failed. in the end they said both the dragons were escaped and living in different pyramids anyway. but I think it's a little weird that doran's whole master plan revolves around getting daenerys to marry quentyn randomly. the guy didn't even bring ships with him, which is what she really needs.

Who says they need to leave immediately? Quentyn said that he was offering her 'Dorne.' I figure that they'd give her ships when they're needed no problem.

Yeah, here's hoping they get over there before too long, with the winter picking up.

does Veeky Forums ever allow asoiaf? sometimes i just wanna pleb out and talk about how hilarious Quentyn's plot is and scary Pate is and talk about fights

only ones who have a problem with it are entry-level babbies who think anything other than discussion of the 5 classics they've read in the past year and shitposting about John Green is haram.

"no"

just go to /r/books

it's bad enough your ilk shits up /tv/ from monday to sunday

What if Quentyn just has his eyes burned out kinda like in Dune: Messiah how Paul withstood a nuke and his eyes got radiated.

>Soon ...
>i've been here since adwd

You aren't fooling anyone.