I fucking hate Plato

Are there any good books that prove wrong all the bullshit he says?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_Society_and_Its_Enemies
sacred-texts.com/cla/plato/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope sorry. Motherfucker was 100% right about everything.
You'll all see soon enough.

Ok then.
Some book that is at least capable of making you think he was wrong even though he isn't? Please? :)

Try Aristotle

read Hume

>Veeky Forums said "start with the Greeks"
>stopped reading after being butthurt at the second Greek
That has to be a new record or something.

You are a novice if you read philosophy with an eye towards the "rightness" of any individual philosopher. Reading the primary texts of philosophy is about their historical place, the big-picture implications of their ideas, and their role in the larger conversation of the whole field. You're supposed to be brain teased, not running out and fetching someone else's counterarguments.

If you keep reading philosophy to find what's "right" as if the texts could be self-sufficient it's going to exhaust you to death.

And his based intellectual heir, Ayn Rand.

How it is possible to be this much of a pleb, and still find that you want to read philosophy?

Aristotle is the second Greek?! You fucking take that back and read the fragments of the Presocratics right this minute, mister.

*Plato

Oh, my bad. I think I had a flashback to that "give me the name of a philosopher who proves Aristotle is wrong" thread. Point still stands, though.

>"proving" someone wrong in philosophy
>proving
Why do plebeians even try to read philosophy?

This but unironically
>Western society is based on the fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot
If only!

Karl Popper has you covered kid.

He literally wrote a book completely dismantling plato's influence on western thought and showing how plato's utopian republic leads to tyranny.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_Society_and_Its_Enemies

Boyyy thank you

>implying anyone cares about Presocratics

look at these cunts. thanks for ruining the world for everyone.

You shouldn't get into philosophy if you're just trying to prove someone's wrong.

>Are there any good books that prove wrong all the bullshit he says?

Gorgias.

>implying you could ever prove logos wrong

The Neetch has harsh words for Playdough.

Plato was honestly one of the few philosophers who was being earnest. That's why everyone is always trying to lessen his influence.

really just throws him right out the boat

Where happen in Plato again?

And droppin mad misquotes left and right to prove his stupid ill thought point

>Tfw we will never live in a Dionysian civilization

Reach for the stars, my friends; or else listen to Beethoven's 9th symphony and feel like you're floating above them.

>this is what relativists actually believe
i'll take the fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot over a consensus that changes every week

Reading Plato's wiki entry isn't a substitute for the dialogues, Plebe

what are the dialogs? Where do I find those? Is that like the last days of socrates?

Not sure if you're trolling, but here's a link.

sacred-texts.com/cla/plato/

Jowett's translations aren't the best, but they're more than enough for a first reading. More importantly, they're free.

Read them all if you have the discipline. If not, you'll get the most bang for your buck if you read Apology>Crito>Meno>Gorgias>Republic>
Theaetetus.

sweet. those are a fuck load of works by plato. I think I'll just get the apology then and follow that link.

No need to be so ironic m8

OP, I just wanna let you know that this thread has made me laugh more than any other thread ever on Veeky Forums.

Thanks.