I was recently FORCED this pile of garbage. I'm an advanced reader and it was a relatively short...

I was recently FORCED this pile of garbage. I'm an advanced reader and it was a relatively short, easy to swallow book but it took me FOREVER TO READ IT. because it was THAT FUCKING BORING. It's about this stupid snot of a kid whose parents are getting divorced (mom and dad broke up! boo-hoo :'( i'm scarred for life now!) and somehow his plane goes down in the wilderness of Canada (which I can admit is the scariest fucking thing I can possibly think of. I'd rather be faced with the zombie apocalypse or a gang of mass murdering rapists than being stuck in the middle of Canada) so snot-face has to learn to survive on his own. He has a hatchet that his mom gave him (though I really can't say what possessed her to give her poor no-one-wants-me warning signs of future school shootings son a HATCHET, but she does) and he eventually stops crying and figures out how to pick berries and chop trees. Or saplings. Or something. I don't know. All I know is, this is the worst book EVER. UGH.

g8 b8 m8

Books women will never understand

His name was Gary Paulsen.

This is a book for children. You read a children's book.

can women understand any books?

perhaps cookbooks.

Oh god that cover made me click, didnt even read because too drunk, just thought, oh damn... dat nostalgia

i remember reading this in 5th grade.

on a side note has anyone read call of the wild? is it any good? i have an urge to read a wilderness story. feel free to recommend me something.

reads like a /v/ post once you go past the infantile videogame hate meme banter

Call of the Wild is great read.
White Fang is not bad either.
Check 'em when you feel too tied to the modern age.

We had it read to us in year four at primary which I think is third grade in the US?
Is it worth reading as an adult to actually understand or is it a bad childrens book?

It's just boring for the most part.

t.city boi

Trips checked.

Read it in gradeschool. Don't remember much except some tenuous connection to Call of the Wild. Memory playing tricks on me (I also thought Rodan and Top Gun were the same movie as a kid).

I think there was a sequel which we had to read, too. Kid is stuck in the wild again, this time with a friend. He shits himself.

>imblying paulsen holds a candle to chekhov or any romantic writer

okie buddy.

This book is "The Giver"-tier (that's a good thing by the way), maybe even better.

Its a great YA book

How old are you and why were you "forced" to read it? It's elementary school-tier.

If kids are reading it in the 4th grade, it's not YA. This is straight-up a children's book.

So, Summer is finally here.

and children's books >>>> YA

Yes, but there's no real reason to read them as an adult unless it's to kids of your own or something. YA is worse in the sense that there's never a good reason for it period, while there's a time and place for children's books.

so.. What you're saying is that you're in middle school and shouldn't be here?