What is Veeky Forums's iq?

Title says it all
Of course, the average of this board cannot be expected to be higher than /pol/, but if you are not at least 140 iq linguistically/verbally, consider yourself a pleb forever, as you will never achieve genuine contemplation of artistic genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

listovative.com/top-12-people-highest-iq-world/
iqtest.dk/main.swf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw there are people who take online "IQ tests"
>tfw there are people who think that a tfw some of those people will post in this thread thinking they have a 160 iq

I dont know

>projecting this hard
>implying I don't intrinsically know I'm the intellectual superior

Your internet test is not an accurate way to measure your IQ. I highly highly doubt anyone on here has an IQ over 140.

Also, IQ is pretty much pointless without other characteristics. I'm a suicidal NEET. School tests say I had an IQ of 134(gifted class etc). But i know I'm pretty much a failure anyways. I know people with much lower IQs that read more than me, so a lot of times it's about not being lazy.

I was tested in school and scored quite high, but I soon came to realize that after a certain point the actual number is meaningless. When I would feel superior and get lazy in my studies, I found reminding myself that Richard Feynman's IQ was tested at 125 (which is still high) helped me keep my nose in my books because the effort matters more than the number.

If this came off as a humble brag or something, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted to say work hard and stop giving a shit about a number that does nothing for you in the long run.

If you have a high IQ, you should know better than to care about it.

Once a pleb, a pleb forever.

My IQ is 85%

>implying you're not actually a 90 iq vulgarian who tested 134 because you didn't take a real test
same with you
also, >implying feynman didn't just test 125 in an area that was not relevant to his field of study
nay filthy pleb, I am merely here to enlighten the brainless masses lest they find themselves with illusions of grandeur

>tfw someone tells you you're projecting and they don't know what it means
>tfw they probably googled "psychology terms that i can use in internet debates"
>they don't even pray to the meme god

holy shit
>projecting THIS hard
dude if you have to google words you don't understand maybe you should stop using them and accusing others of not understanding them

>Of course, the average of this board cannot be expected to be higher than /pol/
Jesus, please stop breathing for 1 hour.

I had it tested once (I was 12 or so, with a psychologist and shit) and I've always had the vague idea that I got 140 in the linguistic part and 110 in the other one, whatever it happened to be about.
However, I don't think there should be distinction between those two. It's said that IQ is about your ability recognising patterns and shit. That ability should be appreciated in comparison to a certain standard. Since what IQ measures is a (supposedly) "natural" ability and not the knowledge of a code, that ability should be tested with a group by using a sole code that each one of them knows well enough, at the same level. Everyone knows mathematics and geometry (at least the basic one that is required in an IQ test, everybody knows how does a triangle look and that it doesn't look the same as a square), while not everybody has the same knowledge of their own language. Back when I did the test I used to read more than the other kids so I had a larger vocabulary. That doesn't mean I was that smart.

I've had only one psychiatrist-administered test in my life and I scored 119. My intelligence is asymmetrical however. Verbal was in the high 120s while spatial languished in the low 110s.

>illusions of grandeur

Don't you mean delusions of grandeur?
Stay pleb

The best way to test someone's IQ is by asking him about his favourite books.
If he babbles something about Thomas Pinecone or Davin Fauster Walden, here you got it: utterly retarded.

I was tested when I was a kid, and it was high enough to get into the "gifted program" which means I was 99th percentile or something.
I haven't had it tested as an adult, I'd probably be disappointed unless it was really high.

>implying I am shameless enough to use trite cliches like you
the very essence of your being is pleb
don't be mad your worldview has not yet been enlightened by the red pill

meant for

Good god, talk about overcompensation amirite guys

I'm in the same boat. Can't really be bothered to get it tested now.

>gifted
You mean special?

Last time i got tested they threw out the results, because my verbal IQ was like 140, while my others were around 100

Only around 170. My parents were disappointed.

tfw 400000000 iq

>I highly highly doubt anyone on here has an IQ over 140.
>School tests say I had an IQ of 134
So nobody here has an IQ much above yours eh?

I topped out the school IQ test and got the highest score in the county when I was ~13 (which sounds like a retarded fantasy, but I really hold very little stock in it). About the most it does is generally let you see or recognise more things than most people and I have a slightly better memory for a few reasons.

>iq tests

I don't know.

Intelligence does not matter unless it is embodied in action.

You can think all the divine, beautiful thoughts you want, but unless anyone else can tell you might as well be the autist you look like.

listovative.com/top-12-people-highest-iq-world/

Why is it only men that have high iq?

>muh language

Kill yourself

Yup, sorry Mr. "I could be successful if i really tried, I'm smart but lazy"

Are you a scholar of memes?

Are you a markov text generator?

Im not lazy.

I got a 129 on the one I was given during high school.

I think it's still close to that. The charts that compare standardized test scores with IQ also give me right around the same estimate (with 1240 on GRE, 1300 SAT).

Probably sexism or something.

I've known women who should do p good at like the spatial awareness parts, and presumably would be okay at the language parts. I really can't be bothered to look at that list but I'd guess a lot of those are taken from hoaky tests or where a kid was pushed to take one very young. I know there are a couple of good examples tho of 160+ iq of the latter type that are women tho.

I'm a retard who's attention span has been completely diminished by endlessly browsing reddit, Veeky Forums, and playing World of Warcraft. I feel so fucking dumb compared to the majority of this board.

I took an actual IQ test a while back and got 136. I guess I'm a permapleb.

this user wins he wins everything. listen to this user you stupid fucking anons.

> "MY IQ IS BIGGER THAN YOURS THEREFORE IM SMARTER THAN YOU!"
Even Einstein knew they were a load of crap.

OP you seem like you are just shit-posting or trolling but I will still give a serious answer.

I have taken 3 different multi-hour long IQ tests in my life that were all administered by professionals. In one that was taken when I was around 8 or 9 years old I got 137. In a later one I took when I was age 13 I got 131 and it revealed that I might have ADHD and more recently I took another one at age 21 as a part of a larger overall comprehensive psychological evaluation and I got 127 on it and it confirmed that I had ADHD. My IQ score was brought down by the fact that I selectively scored lower on the stuff relating to memory and attention as I wasn't taking any medication for the ADHD at the time. I don't know exactly what my score would have been without my ADHD symptoms effecting it but my verbal intelligence was in the 99th percentile and most of the stuff not related to memory or attention-span was in the 98th or 99th percentile.

IQ is important and has a huge impact on a persons life but its silly to perceive it as something that people should cite as justification for their superiority over others because IMO you can only be a better person because of the decisions you make and not because of something that was out of your control. In a narrow sense yes a high-IQ person is superior in terms of cognitive ability etc over a regular or low-IQ person but that doesn't mean much.

I have known multiple people who were brilliant and had IQ scores in the uppers 130s or in the 140s but some of them were ignorant and immature. You should never seize upon your high-IQ score and dwell on how it makes you superior to others because its psychologically unhealthy to do so and only avoids dealing with the psychological problem that made you feel the need to do that in the first place.

I see the same with people who get into psychedelics and for a while they have this new fall-back identity where anytime they feel uncomfortable in social situations they act and say things that give the impression that they are thinking "I'm so superior to these people because I've explored my own mind and the nature of reality on psychedelics, if only these simpletons knew what it was like to trip hard on acid they would be sophisticated but they aren't because they haven't", all the while not realizing that its unhealthy for them to think about things in that way and that they are only denigrating themselves, its basically the same with high-IQs and intelligence.

I have way more respect for the average-IQ or slightly-above average IQ person who has attained a high-level of self-control and demonstrates a healthy personality then I do some someone in the 99th percentile of IQ who is immature, psychologically unhealthy or who resorts to comforting themselves by reminding themselves of how they are superior intellectually.

i'm on island 120 based on ACT/SAT
the king of brainlets

>effecting it
I'm just gonna put out there that maybe verbal reasoning wouldn't be too high bud. Those are impressive scores regardless tho.

I never took one, but my brother and mother both did and they both scored 145ish.

What are they doing with their lives? Did your dad not take one?

IQ is psychology non scientific bullshit only used by manchildren to circlejerk on the internet. I once took one in my 'my intellect is fkcn superior' phase and got like 140 or something. It's a meaningless number, people like to quote idiotic studies of correlation of IQ with wealth and other shit but not even read the studies themselves or they would had realized the sample size was like 100 people.

>Probably sexism or something.

It's not sexism, it's just the way we evolved. Women tend to have a greater average, and also tend to fall within the average. Men have more deviations from the mean, so not only the smarter people are more likely to be Men, but also the dumber.

Thanks, I do know the difference between correct usage of effect vs. affect but outside of school or other formal stuff when I'm just on Veeky Forums I usually don't bother making sure its all 100% proper. Its not a great habit though and I should probably start working on it.

iqtest.dk/main.swf

I challenge you to find something non-scientific about this IQ test. It literally compares you to other people who have taken the exact same test and places you on the bell curve. It is a pretty accurate representation of how well you can identify and extrapolate patterns.

The only non-scientific thing is if you start claiming that it indicates something more than how good you are at finding and extrapolating patterns.

(p.s. I got 140. beat that, my dear envious brainlets. I'm statistically better at finding and extrapolating geometic patterns than probably everyone I know.)

The vast majority of professionals who study human intelligence agree that IQ is very important and that its something that significantly influences many aspects of peoples lives.

There is a popular notion among the general public that IQ isn't all that important and that EQ or other stuff is just as or even more important but the professionals themselves don't agree. There was even one study published in a peer-reviewed journal that looked at media coverage of IQ- and intelligence-related research/events that made the news and the study found that the media frequently downplayed the importance of IQ and asserted that most experts agree that its not very important when most experts in fact say the opposite.

Maybe the media does that because its not politically-correct to say that some people are objectively better in specific contexts then other people and so its natural the media would try to downplay that when it comes up but if you are someone who believes that you should be aware that its a meme pushed by the media and that most experts agree IQ is pretty important.

that means that a high IQ is better at finding patterns in certain areas. Quite ironic, however, that this cannot be extrapolated by "scientific method" to anything valuable in Life.

yes, but.

IQ is not determinate. a high IQ is no guarantee of anything.

I have two brothers. All three of us were tested as children and I came out the highest by a significant margin. At this point my other two brothers are private practice family medicine doctors making $200k+ a year. Meanwhile I'm a recovering-alcoholic-meth-addict slash writer who's never sold anything significant. You tell me who's doing better. I work at a fucking Taco Bell. My stepmother still jokes that the people who administered the tests mixed up the answer sheets. Maybe they did. I know this is anecdotal, and statistically speaking I may have had a better chance at success than them, but IMO an individual being aware of their intellect is never beneficial. Ever. It's a statistical indicator of how you measure against others and statistics do not apply to individuals.

Post some of your writing pls

I completely agree. Statistically speaking people with higher IQs are more likely to be successful overall probably because of how it helps with problem-solving etc but its not at all a guarantee of success. Some research indicates that people with high-IQs are more likely to seek out novel experiences which leads to them be more likely to experiment with drugs which in some cases can lead to issues. There is also research indicating that at a certain level it can lead to unhappiness or less active-social lives due to them feeling alienated or less interested in others. There are certain areas in which it can present unique problems and is by no means a guarantee of success but overall when you look at large groups of people the ones with high IQs are more likely to be successful or attain high-paying jobs.

This is similar to my siblings and I. My twin brother and sister and I were all tested as kids and placed in gifted programs. Their IQs were 114 and 115, mine 20 points higher at 136.

Surprise though, we're all fuck ups. All college dropouts. Sis married a misogynist woman beater and is a stay at home mom/baby making servant. My brother is a semi recovering drug addict(everything you can think of he's done). I'm a shut in that's failed at everything. We're in our mid 20's now.

this desu

Well, if everyone on the board takes the same test, it should place you fairly accurately on a relative scale. Then you'll just have to deduct your IQ statistically.

>I have a 140 IQ lmao

Try to solve this children's problem if you're so smart.

L8
;^)

above 130 - all that was said to me - taken by psychologist at around 14 years of age

-36?

On the other side of things...

I have three sisters, two have a sub-90 IQ and one has one right around the average, 100. Mine's in the upper 120's.

One of those sisters is in prison, one is in rehab after all four of her kids have been taken away (due to drug usage), the last is a janitor at a hospital and has been committed to a mental institution before. I'm the only one who went to college, the only one who's even made more than minimum wage. The two sub-90 sisters didn't even finish high school (no GED either).

I'm not arguing high IQ guarantees success, but I do think both your cases aren't as common as mine.

was tested two times in my youth at 141, though i doubt i've maintained. source: school test and psychologist test

and I say mine's more common, because in both of your situations it still sounds like you're talking about above average people. 110s is still above average. People who can run private medical practices have to be above average. 100 is average, and a lot of people are below that. My family is a lot more representative of the norm than you guys with doctors in your family or having attended college to begin with.

This is correct.

Your example is pretty useless seeing as the failure of the others is mostly due to drugs or mental illness, which can happen to anyone at any intellect. Also, going "my example is better than yours" is fucking dumb, all are completely valid.

Me and my family of 20 siblings are the best example though, they all have IQ's of 400 and are working at coles and I have an IQ of 8 and I'm the supreme ruler of earth.

Seriously though, does anyone actually believe that anyone knows the IQ of their entire family? Or that pretty much everyone in these threads is in the high 130's to 140?

I got in the 92nd percentile or so as part of my autism diagnosis process last year. The parts in which I performed poorly are consistent with autistic traits, etc.

'Philosophy is dead.' -Smart Wheelchair Man

same here desu. different iq tests have put me somewhere around 135-140 or something. never put in effort for studies at all. but i spend half my day on Veeky Forums because otherwise i would kill myself. like you said, IQ is a worthless measurement on its own.

Actual answer: Don't know.
But I can estimate. My mother's IQ is 163 as tested when she was in the army. My father's is >130 as tested in HS (the test wasn't accurate above 130). My general interests and disposition, also people regularly telling me they think I'm smart would generally indicate high intelligence.
I think it's a safe bet it's pretty high.

This guy hasn't read the Bell Curve. And he's call you a pleb!

lel

Female distribution is more peaked around the mean.

>NAxALT therefore I'm right
>How do averages work?

>Richard Feynman's IQ was tested at 125
That's why he was too pleb for philpsophy.

I thought chinks were good at numbering things, that system is fucking retarded.

Kys stemfag.

Meme. The gender difference in spatial ability has been shown to be affected by the way the questions are asked.

>muh political correctness
>nerds who base their sense of self worth on being """smart""" all agree that iq is important

>projecting

Nice projection.

Just as planned.