ANTS

So noticed a lot of ants in my bathroom last night... this morning they made a pile of ant eggs a corner. I would prefer not to spray them and get 10000 dead ant bodies in my bathroom. How do I get them to NOT want to move into my bathroom. They seem to be VERY fast at relocating their nest. Tallahassee Florida.

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/the-gop-has-a-feminine-face-finds-238867
huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/conservative-politicians-_n_831486.html
thefederalist.com/2016/04/22/why-conservative-women-are-so-pretty/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

burn it down

I think they're taking a safe shelter for their worms while they seek a new place.

I don't think they'll make a new nest in some place that isn't underground.

just leave them alone for a few days and remember to report what is happening.

Stop being a pussy, go to your local Home Depot and buy a nice vacuum cleaner and some sealant, go back home and spray the shit out of those fuckers, vacuum them up and use the sealant.

remember to not be a dick to other living beings.

asshole.

Seriously, user?

>just leave them alone for a few days and remember to report what is happening.

Wife will not go for this... funny thing is they seem to have no interest in the rest of the house. But DAMN there are a lot of them... had to use the shower hand spray to wash out about a dozen before taking a shower

put them in a plastic bag (use a broom) and leave them outside.

I like ants, they're cool.

Set them on fire

>ants
>living

Just because they are a collection of cells that occasionally manifests itself in such a way as to produce similar collections of cells over time doesn't mean you have to give a flying FUCK what they think

there's no need to be a dick to other living beings user, I'm sorry your dad hit you when he was drunk at night and you were bullied in school.

you may have sociopathy.

>put them in a plastic bag (use a broom) and leave them outside.

Could try that... they seem to be moving MORE in... I am surprised that they did not try to hide their new nest are in a dark place (like under the sinks) but instead just plopped them right down in a corner. They are making trails up and down the walls... but strangely staying in the bathroom

>caring about some ants who invaded your home

sounds horrifying

lack of empathy is a mental disease.

>remember to not be a dick to other living beings.
agreed...
I just want them NOT in my bathroom...
Use to have a fat black widow spider in the garage, I did not bother it and it never bothered me.

use some plastic bag and a broom to get rid of them.

excessive empathy towards creatuers with truly insignificant lives (seriously they are INSECTS) is a sign of having no one more important to love and care about so you have to give a fuck about creatures that can't even think or reason.

>ants and insects have no importance to the enviroment
fucking retard.

What environmental damage will be sustained from killing 10,000 or even 100,000 ants infesting a human home? Please do explain tree hugging hipster retard who clearly thinks that being unempathetic to insects in your home is anywhere near the same as exterminating them in the wild.

What enviromental damage will kill one million humans have?

You're not even have respect as a scientist to living creatures that are millions of years old.

I could argue they're wonderfull creatures made by God, but you'll reply God is not real.

At least you should respect them as wonderfull creatures made by billions of years of evolution.

Have you spent time to see any documentary on ants?
They're cool as fuck.

Not much to be honest, humans aren't that important for the ecosystem.

Please do try to remember that empathy is a faculty of mammals, life simpler than mammals does not have empathy, if the ants were in our place they would kill us and think nothing of it.

I'm not advocating wholesale wiping out of insects or killing them for fun but when they are infesting a human dwelling they are a pest.

Who cares if they look cool? If they're in your damn house you kill them off. Of course killing 1mil humans will have barely any impact on the environment but you don't kill humans on a daily basis because your brain is wired to do everything to prevent that from happening as you yourself are human. But you aren't a fucking ant, you can kill as many as you want with as large a smile on your face as you can muster

What a STUPID discussion

Jax here

Just leave the south, you pussy

>trying to rationalize empathy
so you have sociopathy.
I'm sorry about that.

Completely agree, ants invading your home have hell to pay.
Wtf is your deal dude, they're ants. Are you some kind of hippie or something?

>not rationalizing empathy
Degenerate

>Tallahassee Florida
Tally represent. Where u at my nigga?

South side of town... just outside the hood, near the fairgrounds.

I too have a problem with ants in my house and I came to this thread hoping someone would have provided help to OP. They've been getting into my food and it's really quite gross.

Instead you guys are having a discussion on the ethics of killing ants.

just put them in a bag and relocate them, ants dont make their nests in somewhere shallow as that.

its Veeky Forums
what did you expect

Vacuum cleaner.
Fixes everything.

He's like a metaphor for leftists

reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals

Conservatives exhibit less cognitive ability than liberals do. Or that's what it says in the social science literature, anyway. A 2010 study using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, for example, found that the IQs of young adults who described themselves as "very liberal" averaged 106.42, whereas the mean of those who identified as "very conservative" was 94.82. Similarly, when a 2009 study correlated cognitive capacity with political beliefs among 1,254 community college students and 1,600 foreign students seeking entry to U.S. universities, it found that conservatism is "related to low performance on cognitive ability tests." In 2012, a paper reported that people endorse more conservative views when drunk or under cognitive pressure; it concluded that "political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought."

>empathy
>with ants
Ants aren't even fucking conscious dude. There's nothing to empathize with. You realize that, right?

But if you want to play this game of treating ants like people, why should he show them any sympathy when they fucking broke into his house and won't leave?

>political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought
thats a good way to describe it, but being against immigration doesnt make me a conservative.

I genuinely think Germany would be better off if all the brown people just magically dropped dead.
Of course we cant be seen doing things like that, what with our history and all,

countries will be liek

>GERMANY, whacha dooooing? Where the brown people at? Germany? What kind of shenanigence are you confabulating this time? WHERE ARE THE MUSLIMS? What have you done to the public transportation system?! It was a good compromise, do you hear me? A GOOD COMPROMISE

and we as germans, youknow, cant be acting all nonchalant, whistling and looking into the landscape with hands in pockest when magically the number of brown "people" in germany plummets. people gonne notice that shit.

now im not advocating genocide of brown people, Im just saying that, MAYBE, nay, PROBABLY, Germany would be better off without this horde of illiterate pedophiles.
the other day, this guy, in broad daylight, had intercourse with his 13 year old cousin, im like, naaaww, duude.
curious thing is, he had blonde haair and blue eyes but i could tell he was a muslim by the demeanor in his voice. there was something sinister in the way he said
>hello friend, I like you
those scheming snakes will try to earn your trust, wth thei shimmering blonde hair and hazelblue eyes.and then when you least expect it BAM theres a helicopter flying overhead and waddaya know, the helicopter pilot looks sort of aryan and as if he wasnt up to something.

this the point of the story where I have to tell you why you should never trust helicopter pilots
(cont)

Yeah, but conservatives are hotter:
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/the-gop-has-a-feminine-face-finds-238867
huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/conservative-politicians-_n_831486.html
thefederalist.com/2016/04/22/why-conservative-women-are-so-pretty/

Well go on.

>countries will be liek
Did Hitler ask anyone for permission?

Calm down or you'll get fined for hate speech

are you implying that i am pissing into empty plastic beer bottles right now?

thats sick, man

>*proceeds to project the shit out of him in an anonymous board*

Sounds like you had a sad story user, wanna tell us about it? Or do you prefer the folks over /adv/ to give you a hand?

oh shit, you are being invaded by tiny niggers.

how to deal with nigggers:

1) keep all your goods away where they can't reach it

2) don't give them any food (nor food coupons)

3) call DT he knows how to remove them by the root (deporting them and filling the holes so they and others can't come back)

Your house has been made great again and you can now do as you please.

Were I in OP's situation, I'd rather call for professionals to deliver the final solution, to be quite honest.

They are there because something in your house is attracting them. Clean your floors regularly of crumbs and spills and they'll never move in in the first place.

For the ones you have, just put down a couple traps of ant poison and the colony will be dead in a couple days.

You missed the Tallahassee, FL part, or just don't know what life in the Deep South is like.

Fuckers will invade even when there isn't food, often after rains to avoid drowning, same with roaches. Being a nasty fuck makes it worse/harder to get rid of them, but even if you're clean-room ocd, they'll still come.

OP, vacuum is your only real solution for getting rid of them. A borax barrier around your house will help keep them out in the future (refresh after rains). Try to find all points of egress and use sprayfoam to seal them, but well, you won't get them all; however, you don't need to make it too easy for them to get in. Terro's ant poisons are pretty good for killing mounds.

>those ants
>not being a dick to OP-another living bean

Florida is a castle doctrine state. You have no responsibility to try and leave, so stand your ground and mag dump into them. #AntLivesDontMatter

>tfw I lay commercially available chemical traps for ants to eat up / bring to their nest and pollute it
>tfw spray them with chemicals designed to kill them (eventually, it takes a long time for them to stop squirming)
>tfw I vacuum them alive or dead and throw them into trash
>tfw they literally couldn't give a singular fuck as generation after generation year after year they repeat the same fucking journey through literal hell, traps and giant death clouds without learning a single fucking thing only to end up as fertilizer for plants that feed the next generation of these automatons
>tfw my entire backyard grass is still filled with thousands more of them underneath every weed root
Not sure where you snowflake faggots grew up but nature doesn't fuck around, neither should you. Only reason we get to live our lives the way we do is because we are the meanest motherfuckers on this planet.

Next door there's racks upon racks of enslaved bees making me honey, they get regularly drugged with smoke when its harvest time and they got absolutely no say in anything and cheerfully make more slaves for their human overlords to profit from without so much as stinging back.

What sheltered life you must have lead not to realize hundreds of millions of creatures get slaughtered, packaged and served so that we may eat and survive in the numbers we have.

Spiders are cool thou I keep them around so they catch other asshole insects that suck my blood.

Buy ant traps, they are little chemical pebbles/gel in tiny containers with tiny doorways for the little shits that completely fucks them over. Place them all around the places you see them.

>vacuum them up
>spray the bug spray into the vacuum tube while it's running

Problem solving.

>there's no need to be a dick to other living beings user
>he says as he washes his hands

Naples fag here

Fuck this town

OP here. Wife and I have determined they are carpenter ants.
We have declared war.
We will sweep up, vacuum up, and lay chemical death traps. If any remain after this weekend we will call in the exterminators.

OP here.
Vacuum cleaner is like a black hole for ants.
Swept, vacuumed, and placed commercial ant traps. Wife won't use the master bathroom yet and is using the guest bathroom. Once there are no ants for 24 hours we will consider the war won.

mamma mia!

>I would prefer not to spray them and get 10000 dead ant bodies in my bathroom

Do you literally not own a vacuum cleaner?

Also, might be able to help you

You should get some of those plastic ant traps and lay them around your house for future defense
t. Floridian

it doesn't make sense to me that people use "t."

Voglio imparare l'italiano

>don't know what life in the Deep South is like

People visit Disney in Florida and think they are in a safe place. Park is literally located in a death trap... local area around there has alligators, python, mosquitoes (Apocalypse level), fire ants, killer bees, panthers, etc.
Do NOT wander out of the park!