Can you become racist, or are you born racist?

Can you become racist, or are you born racist?

I used to like black people, but after a few years on Veeky Forums, i actively dislike them now.

But then again, i think what i really might hate is the "progressive" culture we now live in.

Consider this new pepsi commercial:
youtube.com/watch?v=TDoHxp4sfMU

I counted around 3 white people out of probably 50 in that video. And of course since its current year, the main dancer has to be a black women with "natural" black hair, dancing out of time in a period racist towards blacks.

I think its more racist that whites are being excluded from everything now so we dont hurt minority feelings.

The biggest hater of black people is other black people. The biggest killer of black people is other black people. Yet they blame us because of their genetics.

I hate black people, please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I hate black people
I do to, can't help you.

Yes, you spent so much time among retards that your brain got rewired and now you are a retard too.

About everything else in your post, who cares if a commercial is full of niggers, do you think that those actors are the one ruining your country? If so, you are retarded, otherwise you just got brainwashed by pol in to hate people because of their skin color because of association with the poorest strata of the black community

>I hate black people, please help.
Ask /pol/, I'm sure they'll be eager to help you with your affliction.

Hating black people who hate you for being white is fine. Considering a huge majority of blacks are prejudicial, racist, sexist and violent, I can't see what's wrong with it.

but i've never browsed pol once in my life

just b and sci

where did i go wrong?

maybe i dont hate blacks

i should make the distinction between blacks and niggers

just like the distinction between gays and fags

i know a lot of smart black people who are great, but i dont know a single intelligent or well mannered nigger

but i guess thats what makes a nigger a nigger

If you hate blacks, just move to a predominantly black neighbourhood for a while. There's no better cure for racism than being exposed to the culture.

I'm sure the violent black ghetto culture and the destruction it brings is one of the main reasons why people hate them...

Nigger culture is a culture of endless self loathing, victimhood, vice, and privilege. Its inherently self destructive, and niggers would run this world into the ground unchecked. Any black that has genuine pride that I can talk to frankly about race I dont have a problem with.

>Any black that has genuine pride that I can talk to frankly about race I dont have a problem with.
Funny thing is, those kinds of blacks actively despise popular "black culture" as well, for precisely the same reasons as you do.

What's wrong with hating hateworthy people?
You were not born hating people OP. It's what people makes you hate them.

You are born with an inherent attraction to people similar to you, and an inherent caution or fear of people that are very different.

Its a natural effect of the simple fact that your ancestors closest tribesmen actively worked to keep you alive throughout the ages, in general, whereas the more distant a tribe, the more likely they would be competitors or outright threatening to your immediate survival.

That said, you get to learn to be non-racist rainbow hugging tree fucking everybody is a unicorn hippy leftist, or you can realize that statistically, your genetic intuition is correct and back that up with experiences dealing with competitors.

Probably the best outcome, in my opinion, is to keep your guard up while realizing that it is foolish to assume the statistical norm applies to every individual. That includes your own tribe members.

I've found it hard to be racist after going to conferences and talking to intelligent blacks and arabs. Now I only hate stupid people.

> black

> people

Choose.

I don't really think of myself as a racist; it's just that the word 'nigger' really rolls off your tongue, that and banter is fun.
But then again when I'm shown statistics about rape and theft and whatnot it all does look like a no-brainer.

>Can you become racist, or are you born racist?
Don't know. This is a question as old as humanity itself.

Regardless, I am more racist (realistic) than when I was younger. Most of this was brought about by a broader experience set and desire to generate an accurate model of what drives the outcomes throughout history, both individually and collectively.

As common cultural positions polarized more bluntly towards "political correctness" and delusion, I began to become a bit irritated and disgusted. The human species is going to have to collectively figure out what it can handle, and if feel good nonsense enforced via pressure of social feedback loops truly are more functional and produce better outcomes, or if mankind can handle realistic perspectives.

I'm a "racist" and "bigot" by modern standards, regardless of if those accusations are accurate or even meaningful. Which is curious, because I've always tried to unravel how things actually are and can be expected to become, in a stable sense. Such that we can all have a decent time, treat each other properly, and minimize unnecessary conflict. Yet I'm in the wrong for not accepting that we're all the same, and "all equal", whatever that means when it comes out of a given individual's mouth.

>letting a digital forum full of anonymous arm chair scientists and cross board shit posters with unverifiable credentials shape your personal view of a sect of the global population.

The blacks that commit crimes can't see any emotions in people outside of themselves, they can't even empathize with their own kids.

That's why there are so many black "bad parenting" videos. Out of all the animals on earth, no animal abuses and neglects their offspring as bad and as often as black people.

Have you interacted with a lot of other ethnicities in your mom's basement then?

Who the fuck cares, how is this science? Take your idiotic sociology to your containment board

> t-they are trying to manipulate u guise. black people are very civilized and peaceful ackshually
> h-haha im actually laughing at you

Don't worry. We will be relocating you and your entire family near a ghetto as soon as possible ;)

Tyrone ? Is that you ?

You know what the leading cause of death in Social Workers is?

Suicide.

you can't be born with such complex views like hatred for a certain race. children can't develop abstract thought like that.
the first time I noticed I was being racist was when I was 9. I recently moved to America (didn't even know English) and there were a lot of jewish kids in the neighborhood. I didn't like playing with them after a little while because they were mean, and I associated their behavior with their hairstyle, the way they dress and their little hats. I though that they didn't like me because I wasn't like them.

in general I'm not racist today, but I live in a predominantly white country now. I don't see many people of different color or religion.

Only /pol/ards ITT?

I hope so, Veeky Forums is more thought out and informed.

Without knowledge and with a double digit IQ it would be stupid to try to assume something so complex as the question if one could be born a racist

70 years of biological, psychological and sociological research are done about that topic.
You know.. Because the 20th century was riddled with mass genocide and ethnic cleansing.
You don't have to assume or "think" anything. The research is there

Protip: As a start, try reading the wiki article about racism..

Funny how people like you change into the racists you hate when you actually live in the ghetto for 10 years.

Humans are born with an innate in-group/out-group mentality, which can become associated with various groups within society.

This could be something relatively benign, for example a passionate disliking for a rival football team.

However, this mechanism may also be associated with individuals of a different nation or ethnic group, which we would refer to as xenophobia and racism respectively.

The term ‘racism’ is not exactly helpful to the situation, as it indirectly legitimises the archaic and unscientific concept of humans being divisible into races or sub-species.

Negative reinforcement of such internal categorisation will be of significant benefit for children, however education is the strongest weapon against this primitive grouping mechanism for adults and children alike.

Now, life as we know it can best be described as a series of highly integrated systems built upon relatively stable, complex - carbon based - replicating molecular structures.

The human organism is an organic robotic machine which houses the aforementioned molecular replicators, whose on board computer has developed self-awareness.

We are social primates whose behaviour is governed by genetic and environmental programming, stored in the form of particular nucleotide arrangements and neural networks that correspond to our genetic code and an array of psychological mechanisms crafted by the evolutionary processes of natural selection.

These psychological mechanisms govern an array of behavioural programs, which developed in response to the adaptive problems humans faced throughout their evolutionary history.

The in-group/out-group mentality is a human universal and therefore may be observed all over the world, however knowledge of the origins of this predisposition may allow one to circumvent its seductive charm and rely on rational thought instead.

Essentially, we are all members of the same species who display phenotypic variation due to having spent long periods of isolation from one another, throughout which we inhabited starkly different environments.

However, modern human biological variation is not structured into phylogenetic subspecies/races, nor are the taxa of the standard anthropological racial classifications tantamount to breeding populations; the 'racial taxa' do not meet the phylogenetic criteria.

In relation to humans, the term ‘race' denotes socially constructed units and functions as a scientifically incorrect usage of the term.

Furthermore, the most genetic diversity among humans is found in Sub-Saharan Africa, therefore a universal hatred of ‘black people’ is equivalent to a hatred of the most genetically diverse populations of Earth.

>pic related; the Khoisan people.

Therefore OP, your racist disposition is resultant of an innate in-group/out-group mentality interacting with environmental programming coming in the form of the dominant culture in which you developed and a sub-culture comprised mainly of highly irrational and prejudiced teenagers and young adults; namely, Veeky Forums.

The racism here used to be satirical in nature, however that was a long time ago and Poe's law quickly saw our boards flooded with imbeciles who thought that they were in good company.

Anyway, that was many years ago and we shan’t go down that road today.

In sum, racism is understandable and treatable through the employment of scientific inquiry; I wish you all the best, OP.

People who commit those things are simply more capable and competent, not more racist. You can see every other race is exactly racist to one and other and trying to destroy each other with the methods they adapted and can afford to do so.

jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
The question do not matter given a relevant timescale.
Ethnocentric people survive and prosper, those that are not die.
A tolerant people is a doomed people, Europeans will, in the grand scheme of things, be a very small footnote, less than a millenium long, in the History book of the east asians.

>Essentially, we are all members of the same species
A singular species in which an entire subset has distinctly different immune systems, and physiology that varies enough that you can't even give them the same drugs for eg tuberculosis and malaria.

Right.

Anyway, there are recognizable people "types", and the clustering of behavioral and mechanical traits in these populations is consistent. Over time most people build very complex heuristics to predict outcomes and infer how people work via theory of mind. This also clusters with "types", the spectrum of which also becoming more elaborate over time.

That's just the reality of it, and it goes a bit beyond phenotypes. Nothing wrong with admitting if, as you noted, the tribalism bias is kept in check and the individual knows how to not be a braindead piece of gutter trash.

Very thought out, enlightening many aspects in depth

I rate 11/10 post

>In sum, racism is understandable and treatable
this makes me want to discard everything you said, because this conclusion is clearly wrong.

racism is normal human behaviour and not "treatable". It's also not obvious that racism is "bad" in any other way than judged from the current liberal ehtical system of 100% equality of all human beings (which is completely arbitrary and justifies enslavement of other sentient species)

for example, what germany did to the jews. you can make a case that many germans definitely profited from it a whole lot.

or take slavery. of course it sucks for the slaves, but for the owners life is much better than without slaves

tl;dr you're imposing a priori (and arbitrary) ehtical judgements on the problem

>an entire subset

It's multiple subsets that require differentiated medical treatment, including populations from Asia and Latin America, not merely those whose recent ancestors originated in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Furthermore, these subsets do not meet the phylogenetic criteria to be classified as races or subspecies.

I have already stated that humans exhibit genotypic and subsequently phenotypic variation, therefore nobody is claiming that there are no observable differences between human populations.

> the clustering of behavioral and mechanical traits in these populations is consistent.

This is completely scientifically unfounded.

There is absolutely no evidence suggesting that phenotypic variation is coupled with behavioural variation, in fact evolutionarily informed research on various populations has found that behaviours considered to be of genetic origin (evolved psychological mechanisms) are cross-culturally universal.

>Furthermore, the most genetic diversity among humans is found in Sub-Saharan Africa, therefore a universal hatred of ‘black people’ is equivalent to a hatred of the most genetically diverse populations of Earth.

This point is valid - it's very common to see people assume that African Americans are somehow entirely representative of black Africans, but, given the staggering genetic diversity of Africans, this is obviously questionable

remember to sage and report bait threads

>this makes me want to discard everything you said, because this conclusion is clearly wrong.

Well firstly that would be guilt by association, so try not to fall victim to that fallacy, however you'll see that you have misinterpreted my post.

>racism is normal human behaviour and not "treatable".

It is a normal human behaviour, however so is coalitional warfare and homicide given the appropriate context.

What of young men who engage in a physical altercation, due the firing of psychological mechanisms developed to deal with the adaptive problem of intra-sex rivalry, thereafter one of whom ends up committing homicide?

Homicide is a perfectly normal behaviour in such circumstances and therefore we should just let it arise naturally, your honour!

I don’t see that working out too well, nor providing the infrastructure for a stable society.

>It's also not obvious that racism is "bad" in any other way than judged from the current liberal ehtical system of 100% equality of all human beings (which is completely arbitrary and justifies enslavement of other sentient species)

My objection isn’t because it is inherently bad, in fact it has to have been good, in relation to the inclusive fitness of the individuals that evolved such mechanisms.

I take umbrage at the sheer stupidity of it; it may have been good for a bunch of primitive apes, but do we really want to continue living that way?

Not only that, but as we move forward into an ever increasingly globalised and connected world, this type of mentality is going to provide an enormous barrier to intercultural assimilation and international cooperation.

>tl;dr you're imposing a priori (and arbitrary) ehtical judgements on the problem

As you can now see, you inferred that from, and thereafter applied it to, my post; I did no such thing.

>Furthermore, these subsets do not meet the phylogenetic criteria to be classified as races or subspecies.
According to whom? What data? By what means is your metric accurate, valid, or meaningful?

>This is completely scientifically unfounded.
Then science has yet to catch up with personal experience, which has been the case many times, and will be again. This kind of myopia is age old.

>in fact evolutionarily informed research on various populations has found that behaviours considered to be of genetic origin
Define "behaviors", that spans a spectrum from simple contextual biases to tapping one's finger when agitated, ie, it's a hollow statement. Or better yet, provide citations. Generally I'm fine with (and prefer simply) having conversations with people, but your overall disposition is obnoxious such that I'd rather just ask for hard data.

>(evolved psychological mechanisms) are cross-culturally universal.
Almost certainly not. This type of belief system can only be supported by a lack of experience with other cultures, and a wide range of people.

For reference, this was my first post in the thread.