Wasting time/exhausted

Are games useless/time wasters(feels so to me) and if so what better thing can I do instead to relax.Its mostly because I just feel exhausted when I study even just after 1 hour and dont know how to fix it so I just end up playing games with hours.

Depends. If used for sheer escapism, yes. If they're a proxy for self discovery, to immerse yourself in another world, or whatever, in a way that adds to the total spectrum of thoughts and ideas your mind is composed of then no.

This is really too individualized to give an absolute answer, or even lay out a rough heuristic. Depends what you want and find valuable. I haven't played any video games in a few months and feel.. better, I suppose. Only because it broke many of my routines, habits, and mental cycles. ie, I would get real high on stimulants / anxiolytics and play some Unreal Tournament when stressed instead of just taking some deep breaths and focusing on something else. I would indulge and add to the addled state. Likewise, if I felt detached and half dead I might play Don't Starve or something for 20 hours straight and go to work in a subideal state.

Depends on a lot. I got into a habit of using games to modify or expand a given state. You cannot allow yourself to integrate things into yourself in that way. It will always lead to greater anxiety and overall flimsiness.

>what better thing can I do instead to relax
Take a nap. Go for a walk. Exercise. Read a book.

>If they're a proxy for self discovery
I manly use them to improve my communication skills(yes I know how pathetic it sounds)
>deep breaths
I do too but still can focus and just either read the same sentence over and over or want to fall asleep(usually after eating).
>20 hours
well i stay awake around 14 hours (9h sleep) since I understand how important is and I really care about it.

>take a nap
will mess up with my sleeping routine that i have already
>walk
anxiety
>exercise
I do already and dont want to overtrain
>Read a book.
Well If feel exhausted already I thought it would make sense that I cant be bothered to read anything else.

>exercise
That's great. Keep it up.
>book
>tired of studying
Don't avoid thinking about your projects and plans, (don't think about your GOALS anymore if you already are sure about them). Use the pomodoro technique to lesser the anxiety effects of studying and think about the present. Deluding myself fucked my behavior up for years.

I'm still trying to have success on this matter too, OP. Good Luck!

El.Psy.Kongroo.

Rest in some way is beneficial, just get your times right.

>book
>tired of studying
well i meant it in a sense that i simply dont want to read anything even easy novels
i know about all the other things and thanks
yeah but the thing is i get exhausted way too fast and just cant come back.

Give it time.

What do you mean by that?

it takes time and patience to form good habits. you will fail many times before you get used to it.

why does going for a walk give you anxiety?
do you have a pet?

>it takes time and patience to form good habits. you will fail many times before you get used to it.
yeah but that is quite simple thing
>why does going for a walk give you anxiety?
because i might meet someone i know , am really bad at communication at communication like i said already and my posture makes me look like a retard.And dont start me about my resting face expression that makes people look at me so strange.
>do you have a pet?
i dont but it will make no difference.

pets can be entertaining and a good way to unwind and give you something else to think about. it's a friend basically.
also if you have friends, you can invite someone to play games with you.
I ignore people when I walk, apart from a short greeting if it's someone I know. I walk every day. Maybe running is more your thing?

other good ways to unwind: painting, music, colouring, preparing food etc.

>have friends
user i...
>Maybe running is more your thing?
>afraid to go out
>running

so that leaves pets. maybe a rat? they're really smart.

I hope you do go out sometimes, being exposed to the sun is good for you.

i don't really and am always told that i look extremely pale.
>sun is good for you.
yeah but i dont have any suncream and would hardly ever get tan anyway.

Maybe look into vitamin D deficiency.

i know already and am going to start taking pills soon.

it's not about having a nice tan. vitamin D deficiency paired with limited sun exposure can lead to quick bone deterioration.
going for a walk 20-30min would solve this. put on an album and walk it off.

how's your diet? is it well balanced? it could cause fatigue.

>it's not about having a nice tan
yeah but i will get sun burned really bad(happened already) since i cant afford a decent sun cream.
i dont eat any sugar(without counting fruits of course) and mostly cooked food(sometimes processed simply because thats what has been bought) but am always eating enough proteins(sometimes even get diarrhea because of it).

did i said something wrong to receive no replies

you can only know so much, after that, take action.

I guess it's because he had nothing more to add.

drink more coffee, eat more sugar, drink more alcohol, consume more nicotine

If you arent passionate about your education, then working for your education, like studying, is exhausting.

What you should probably do is find a major you are passionate about or just stop, because its less work than the career you will have.

Well im not in a college i'm actually neet(i know i gave false assumption when i said study but I count reading academic stuff at home as studying)
>passionate about
I'm its just that I cant focus for too long I guess and even less if its something difficult (for me)

Yea, you cant focus because you dont care enough, no passion

its one of the few things i really enjoy but ok tell me how can i find my true passion

are you even trying?you could aswell redirected me to reddit or yahoo questions

I went to study, then I went bike riding.
you should try going out when the sun isn't so strong: before 10 or after 5-6pm (maybe even later during the summer).
try riding a bike. no need to interact with people while doing that.

I'm starting to feel you will make an excuse for a lot of things people recommend you.
what did you expect when asking this question? an easy way out? you gotta make some changes in your life if you expect changes to happen.

You probably should search for a psychologist. Your attitude Sounds like a begining Depression to me.

>try riding a bike
I did for a few months but there are too many cars and some people drive like complete morons so I can't even count how many times I was so close to get hit.
>I'm starting to feel you will make an excuse for a lot of things people recommend you.
But I don't otherwise I was not going to make a thread about it and I dont care about pity.
>an easy way out
obviously not.
>begining

do sudoku, crossword puzzles, paint. get a pet.

Searching for professional help is not a shame.
If you don't have the money for, think about selfreflection. You could modify your habbits. It's not easy but you can do it.
I also got a similar path. My way out was a shroomtrip. It also enhances your abitlity to think, and can give you a different perspective on life, also shows you the beauty of life again

>You could modify your habbits
I do already even though its really difficult.Doesn't help with my question though

Try to fix your posture by stretching.
Why would you care about what other people are thinking about you, they have their own problems and dont give a fuck about your appearance.

>Try to fix your posture by stretching.
I'm already working on it but thanks.
>give a fuck about your appearance.
But thats a lie.I see a lot of people stare at me and some even give me weird looks.

Are you ugly and/or fat?

and you're also giving them a weird look. people are awkward like that, get used to it.

>ugly
I don't know really but most likely am.
>fat
am a bit of skinnyfat but nothing too noticable and i don't think it even matters that much to get stared at.