ITT: STEPHEN KING'S WORKS

Any recommendations for those starting with Stephen King?

>It
>The Shining
>etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

enotez.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dark-tales.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We have one thread a week about King. Just check the archive and kill yourself.

The short stories in Everything's Eventual are pretty good, and some of them are among his most literary.

Start anywhere you like. Some good ones are The Long Walk, Under the Dome, 11/22/63, Salem's Lot, It, The Stand...

They're all accessible. The only two I haven't liked, that I've tried to read, are Doctor Sleep and Bazaar of Bad Dreams, which both left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Shit I meant mr Mercedes not dr sleep

Reading King since 1995, read almost everything from him and this this my rating:

>god tier
Pet Cemetary, Misery, Different Seasons, Salem's Lot, On Writing, The Shining,

>fine if bored (really long and sometimes stretched books)
It, Green Mile (6 books), Dark Tower series (good books but ending is shit)

>average
Desperation, Blaze, Cell, Colorado Kid, Carrie (muh teen girl feels), Cujo.

>avoid at all costs tier
Mr. Mercedes Trilogy, post-2010 King's work, most of the Richard Bachman's work.

>Misery
Stop with this meme. Misery is boring as shit.

>avoid bachman
>on writing god tier

so this is the kind of person who binges king huh

OP, ignore this moron: Here's the real list.

>god tier
The Stand, IT, Pet Sematary, Firestarter, Different Seasons.

>very good tier
The first 4 books of the Dark Tower, The Green Mile, Cujo, The Dead Zone, Carrie.

>shit tier
Everything else. Especially the newest books.

>People responding seriously to the question
Don't you see OP's picture? He doesn't care about King, he wants to wind us up with /pol/ shit.

i guess we should argue with him about that instead of discussing literature?

>mad because people ignored bait and actually discussed literature

fuck off

Now you're getting it.

Nah, I'm just calling out OP's horseshit. If ya'll want to turn it into an actual thread, I won't complain.

What! Where's Needful Things? Desperation? Nightmares and Dreamscapes? 'Salem's Lot?

I stopped reading anything after Lisey's Story, but there are so many solid books and especially short stories before then.

>enotez.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/dark-tales.pdf

Start with "All That You Love Will Be Carried Away". I think it's King at his best. No spooky monsters, just a man alone with himself.

How's Duma Key?

>Baltimore police officer Caesar Goodson, who drove the van in which Freddie Gray was fatally injured, was found not guilty Thursday on all charges, including the most serious count of second-degree depraved-heart murder.

Wow, this AND Brexit, so much good news in the same week!

Fuck off, OP.

Boy, are you fucking retarded.
It is God-tier, fucking Pet Semetary is bored-tier

Read the Gunslinger
That's it

> Mr. Mercedes at the "avoid at all costs tier"
Nice bait

This. I roll my eyes every time I see another Stephen King thread. We have that SF/F thread for containment purposes, OP.

When did he become King Cuck?

>I think it's King at his best. No spooky monsters, just a man alone with himself.

Hopefully, they actually adapt other Stephen King books so that his books might get exposed more.

Dude, they were bad. King is an old fossil who's out of touch with modern life. He should stick to fantasy and retro/historical settings.

don't be a fool. Start with Salem's Lot.

Goodson is a PoC though, so it wasn't racist

Stephen King's novellas > short stories > novels.

pet sematary is boring as fuck

>>god tier
>>Firestarter

Surely you jest. This was the first King book I read, and it put me off reading another for a long time. When I did finally read another, it was The Colorado Kid (I was reading a lot of Hard Case Crime books at the time) and it was even worse. I did try again with The Running Man, and that one was actually entertaining.

Kindly off yourself.

Needful things was okay but nothing special.
Desperation was utter shit. Salem's lot was boring and with a very green, clumsy prose.

One of his worst. Tries to be deep but ends up just long and boring.

Pet Sematary has a surprising good prose, tight story, nice characters and some really well done scenes.
Also, it's short. Which is usually a good thing, with a logorrhoic like King.

They were boring, with shit characters, shit prose and no interesting things to say about anything.
Just bad. Really bad. Can't find a virtue in that shit.

>read mr. mercedes and finders keepers
>straightforward intriguing detective/crime novels
>read end of watch
>suddenly supernatural mind control bullshit

why did he do this?

I thought we were supposed to discuss literature on this board. Why is Stephen King even being mentioned at all?

I think it's the sad aftereffects of an r/books visitation.

I recommend you to reconsider reading Stephen King.

R A G E
A
G
E

don't waste your time

Check out one of his early short story collections, Night Shift or Skeleton Crew. They do a good job of representing his range as a writer and the stories collected are mostly inventive, atmospheric and memorable. After that try Salem's Lot or Pet Sematary, or Different Seasons if you're more a fan of his less fantastical stories.

So virtuous. But it is funny how being black any where increases your chances of dying a violent death or getting AIDS or just generally living in a shitty environment.