General: i.imgur.com/igBYngL.jpg/
Flowchart: i.imgur.com/uykqKJn.jpg/
>Sci-Fi
Selected: i.imgur.com/A96mTQX.jpg/
General: i.imgur.com/r55ODlL.jpg/ / i.imgur.com/gNTrDmc.jpg/

Previous:

>wake up
>great ordeal not out

>mfw I just figured out a major connection that unifies my fantasy novel and irons out the motivations of five main characters at once
Feels really good. I'm gonna get this, lads.

Not that I plan on pimping it here when I'm done, I'm not getting Tao Lin'd.

17 days until the Great Ordeal

Get hyped you bashrags

what's it about?

Give us the blurb.

Give him the blurb.

Looking for book recommendations similar to Planescape Torment.

The setting of the game really interests me as a fantasy world that, instead of being wondrous, is filled with danger and disgust.

I know this is a /v/ styled request, but I was told people here, especially in this were knowledgable in this.

fantasy school shootings

Prince of Nothing

I don't know that particular game, but I'll tell you that you'll find way better literature than any game out there 100% of the time story-wise.

Heard Avellone was inspired by The Chronicles of Amber

I read and play games, both are equal in my opinion.

I was more looking for books in a similar vain, or even what the genre is called.

I'll give both a look, thanks!

>I read and play games, both are equal in my opinion.
>both are equal in my opinion.

>I read and play games, both are equal in my opinion.

The state of Veeky Forums every one.

>a fantasy world that, instead of being wondrous, is filled with danger and disgust
The Lies of Locke Lamora
The First Law
The Shannara Saga
The Black Company

>I was more looking for books in a similar vain, or even what the genre is called.
I don't know the game in question, it's probably low fantasy or dark fantasy

Oberon, Titania, and the Faery Court took a prank too far and now they're on the run through space and time. They find refugees from the rebellion of Taira no Masakado on a planet that's being reborn as a world of mankind and decide the best way to hide is to settle here and act like they're humans.

In late Heian Japan, an abbess and a pirate did something, betrayal probably, that's going to send their karma to pound town till they've spent a gazillion reincarnations as bugs. Oberon's creditors hire them as spies, on the promise they can trick karma and get their sins blotted out. They need to cross the underworld to the place where Oberon is, pose as nobles, and ingratiate their way to his inner court, so the creditors can get their sweet revenge.

They pick up the narrator, a literate shrine priestess, to pad out their fake family and hopefully marry her off to improve their position, and also because they'll need all the spiritual help they can get crossing the underworld. She gains status having poetry competitions with the fairy city's other inhabitants, some of whom are Romantic poets reincarnated as fantastical creatures, in a vast convoluted tournament that involves trading binding certificates for favors, with the goal of challenging Titania herself.

Hoping to bring up themes of the fake becoming real and of redemption acting on those who think themselves irredeemable. I want to write some really Romanticist-inspired scenes of being overcome by nature, I think it'll mix well with mono no aware, and also have space for cute girls doing cute things.

The connection I made was for the fake parents to be working for Oberon's enemies, before that they were a glorified plot device to take our narrator places. Working title is The Jewel That Smashes The Hammer.

>oberon
ripped from ASOIAF
>titania
>tit

He's the one who thinks PS:T shows a dangerous, disgusting fantasy world. He probably didn't even play a full Lawful Good run.
>Have you forgotten the face of your father?

Last Dragon by JM McDermott
Prince of Nothing

I'm reading WoT now. First book took me two years to read it was so boring, second took me two weeks. I'm really invested now -- all the new characters and dynamics introduced are interesting and/or likeable, except Selene because Rand turns into a drooling tard around her. When does it get shit like I hear?

>wake up
>expecting age of myrh
>it's not tuesday

>doesn't know his fae myths
Fagget

Kinda sounds like Merry Gentry books, the taking the fae court and running bit anyways.

>Merry Gentry
That looks pretty cool. I know there was a bunch of Seelie Court stuff in Dresden Files as well, haven't read any of those though.

>That looks pretty cool.
It had a cool premise, and did well for like the first book. But being written by a woman she let her cunny get in the way.

You have to wade through pages of erotica to get plot and characters. Merry's vagina is versatile she can fuck large red caps(the dip their caps on the blood of their fallen enemies) and walk away afterwards. She even fucked chutulu's bastard love child and like the literal bitch she is she was able to bear multiple children at once and they all have different fathers... sometimes 2 fathers made one child... and then she goes back to stuffing her vagina

I advise you not to read it, i read shit like these so you guys don't have to.

> wake up
> Dark Matter not out

Don't know, I'm at book 7 and it's still going strong.

Also you should figure out pretty quickly who "Selene" actually is.

Criminy. Any other howlers for us?

Will Stormlight Archives be the next big thing?

I assume she's a darkfriend. Possibly Liandrin, with her powers of suggestion and a magic disguise?

They already are? Words of Radiance is the highest rated book on goodreads, from what I've seen

What are some good books with thief guilds and/or assassins that aren't YA trash?

what's good 'modern' works based on the Arthurian stuff? Or at least stuff that is influenced by it.

You don't hear about it in a wider circle, I guess. And it doesn't have enough sex to make it at HBO, so no GoT-tier fame for it.

>HBO forced to adapt Stormlight anyway
>Shallan and Jasnah nipslip all the time
>OC gay relationship in Bridge 4
>Shoehorned erotic flashbacks

No man, Liandrin is Red Ajah, which means she fucking hates men and especially men who can channel so she wouldn't put the moves on Rand. I won't spoil it tho.

The only complaint I have is that Nynaeve and Elayne get progressively worse and worse, ever more bossy, bitchy and overall obnoxious.

Steinbeck did most of an Arthurian novel, but the absolute best modernism with Arthur is The Once and Future King. Also one of my all-time favorite novels of any kind.

I'm sure there's a cyberpunk Arthur novel where the Round Table is a biker gang but I haven't seen it.

Discworld.

No it'll be Studio Pierrot.

Warlord Trilogy by Cornwell is bretty good. A realistic take on what would Arthur really be like as a 7th century England warlord.

>Studio Zero Sakuga
Not likely, Bleachfag.

Gardens of the Moon.

Gtfo cosmerefag

Riyria books, lies of locke lamora, Malazan book of the fallen, can't think of anymore atm

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am talking about Blake Crouch's new book. You know, the one about alternative timelines.

I'm really digging the cover of this. Anybody read this short story anthology?

>implying I'm not a narutard

I don't know cosmerefag was preaching about Sanderson's comic book and some game dropping on the same day, and it was dark something.

Looks like it's White Sand, actually.

Half of this chart (I've read Castleview, not Wolfe's best but still alright, Pendragon Protocol and Crystal Cave are p.good)

>Lawful Good
Mane, Roland was True Neutral.

I don't think we'd get any Cosmere-related film any time soon. The Mistborn movie was a prospect for years and never took off, same with the Mistborn game which is confirmed vaporware at this point.

>preaching
wew lad
Are you the guy who threw a fit about me posting about White Sand a whopping two times? I've done it once more since then. :-)

No, not the comic book , rhe game was named dark something, and he was really indecisive.

So just finished book three on this and I'm asking myself, why the fuck am I still reading this? Is the fourth one any better or is Abraham just a flash-in-the-pan author who got famous because of The Expanse?

thanks man I'll check em out

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Look here i did the same shit for long price quartet, I read all 4 books. Then I read the first book of coin and dagger and decided enough was enough.

I need a good audibook for a road trip friends. Fantasy is generally my favorite to listen to on a long trip.

What are some trashy fantasy books I can read on my morning trainride? I don't mean complete dreck but something that's simple and feels like an old D&D adventure and doesn't require much thought.

Guardians of the Flame.

Conan the Barbarian

Elric of Melnibone

Any of these

What do you mean by trashy? Do you like to eat shit too?

>avoid Dhalgren

afraid you'll have to think for once?

Sometimes a greasy cheeseburger can satisfy just as much as a steak.

>Authors you refuse to read.

You don't refuse, you just know his works are of no value, a waste of time and you chose to spend it on something better.

Can some one make a list of sjw/leftist Authors?

>elves

Why would I?
Also is it a good leftie sffg authors or general, because one would have maybe 15 and the other like 70.

Didn't we just discuss this last thread?

You can't really escape SJW/Leftist authors in /sffg/.

It's easy to escape or rather avoid sjw tier authors because they produce only trash. It's like marxist utopian fiction.

I wish there was a minority author that went on twitter spouting shit straight from /pol/, that would make my day.

You can become a /pol/ writer yourself user.

And then never get published again and blacklisted from the entire industry.

If they got to that point I think they'd just open a patreon and start self publishing

What do you mean "If they got to that point"?

We're way past that point already.

Figured she might trick him because she hates men, but it was a random thought I had before posting, didn't think it through much.

I quite like how bossy Nynaeve is, partially because it separates her from Egwene, who is more girlish even if she does have an attitude sometimes. I don't want them to become shit, I like them both and always look forward to their chapters. I get to learn more about Aes Sedai AND I get to leave boring Rand, what's not to love?

>likes the Aes Sedai
>thinks Rand is boring

You say that now, but come back to us when you're on book 8 or 9 and see if your opinions haven't reversed.

Are you referring to the publishing industry? I was talking about the individual.

Did you even read the book?
It's touted as scifi but I see no scifi elements other than the fucking laser prisms and the double moon. It's just a book the author used to spread his nasty fetishes to the world. All they do in that book is fuck man/woman/animals, drink, do drugs and vandalize property. Everyone is worshipping a self admitted rapist, who wants to "give it to them gud", and everyone wants a "big buck" to work them over. It's just a clean version of Hogg.

Unless you are going to say it has parallels to society at the time, and seeing that you are a fucking e/lit/ist you probably go around asserting that everything written has meaning, and you look for and attribute meanings to things that don't deserve none.

Please kys.

I assume that now that he has been outed as the Dragon Reborn to the world and has no choice but to accept it he will become more interesting, but up till now he's just reacted like any regular person would. Which I guess most people like in a main character, but I don't, I like someone with a bit of character. Not someone totally wacky, mind you, just someone with a small amount of flavor, like Perrin. The quality of his chapters have mainly depended on who he's with. Loial, Hurin, Lan? Great. Mat? FUCK no. By himself? Time for a nap.

That's a pretty neat trick, doing pull ups and typing with your feet at the same time? You sir deserve an award.

Will this get better in the later books?
>He waited for a long moment before speaking
>He waited a dozen breaths before...

Hood's breath this author likes to repeat things

We are suppose to know which book you are speaking of?
"Hood's breath" makes me think Malazan, but I'm not sure.

Recommend some good, dark, serious and moody Sci-Fi books.

Yeah I'm fine with the story being limited on the magic and "epic" nature, but it just feels so bipolar. Is it trying to be a adventure series with Wester, or is it trying to do politics with the bank girl and Lord Regent Autism of Neckbeardia?

I mean I like the basic ideas, low fantasy setting, multiple different races, hints of the stuff about the ancient dragon empire, etc, but it's all just so bipolar and boring. It's like somebody aping GoT for their D&D campaign.

Blindsight

Already read it.

Fifth Head of Cerberus

The sequel too?

>Peter is getting cucked knowingly
Iron Dragons Daughter is truly the strangest fantasy I've read

Anyone got some good books with protagonists of the female variety, preferably petite?

Orphans of Chaos

What's the best but worst written book you've ever read?

>that picture

What's the squarest circle you've ever contemplated?

is there any half decent lotr fanfiction?

Revelation Space.

When does the Chronicles of Amber start making sense? I'm confused about literally everything, the fuck is the Shadows, trumps, the pattern etc.?