J. K. Rowling

Okay, Veeky Forums, red pill me on this bitch.

Is her "from NEET rags to riches" story complete bullshit? I mean, I was inspired by her story so I decided to become a NEET and go on welfare so I could become a famous filmmaker - but it's not going so well ATM desu.

>you will never stick your wand between those tits

As far as I know, her rags to riches story isn't bullshit, but you know how the world is: for the one that succeeds, they never tell you of the thousand that starved to death.

She was on welfare and wrote shit books. I wish she had not gotten welfare and instead starved to death.

>red pill me
You're going to fail and die a horrible death.

Leftist cunt.

You are a complete faggot for aestheticizing poverty. Fuck off and die

>famous filmmaker

Your goal is based on fame and money, you're going to die with neither.

"Rowling" isn't even a real person. She's a modern day Carolyn Keene. Carolyn Keene was the pseudonym for a group of writers, who wrote shit like The Nancy Drew series. There were like 8 writers at one point. They went as far as to hire an actor to play the role of Carolyn Keene; they made up a whole backstory for Carolyn Keene. To the reader, Carolyn Keene was a real person.

How the hell do you suppose HP got picked up so fast by Warner Bros or a book publisher when Rowling was supposed to be some poor no name? It's all a backstory for the fictional character of Rowling.

Do you honestly think she can churn out that many books in that short of a time? There are more than one writers.

No.

She wrote books for people who haven't read books since high school. That's how she became popular.

>bitch
It's fine and all to not like her but you don't need to disrespect her like this, you've never even met her.

The jelly in this one
>all those letters of rejection
>being told no
>being told you are not writing what they are looking for
>not even getting a response
kek, let those frustrated tears gush forth, for I am weak and need sustenance.

Voldemort was an Islamaphobic shitlord.

Nice projection.

Nah I'm not buying it. seven books in ten years isn't that unlikely, especially since they are fun pulp rather than serious works. I think you just need to get your head down.

And if a poor first time novelist gets immediate success and an offer from Warner Bros with a limited amount of creative control maintained, I think its quite likely they'd accept immediately.

So I've been slowly gathering a collection of the HP series in hard cover first American editions before reading, will it end up being worth the time? I figure at this point the series is a big enough deal that I should give it a read at least once, and in doing so expand my book collection.

It does explain why everything after the Goblet of Fire is completely different to her former work though.

thx goato

to be honest though Harry Potter really was a pretty commercial series, i.e. she was writing "what they were looking for"
so your argument is p pointless

how is it different though knucklehead
it's just darker in tone, hardly a determining factor when you're trying to differentiate two separate authors

she says she intentionally made it darker because Team Harry Potter was growing up along with the books, but I think that the later books are secretly darker because she became disillusioned with the world when she came into possession of enough money to secure her basic goods for life

Rowling made a deal with the devil for the first three books; she had to write the last four herself.

man what I wouldn't give to bury my face in her middle-aged, shit fiction-writing titties

Why is this old lady still splaying her tits?

>so I decided to become a NEET and go on welfare so I could become a famous filmmaker - but it's not going so well ATM desu.
lel

because they're great, fuck off.

those fucking earrings
what a sad sight when somebody gets rich old and still has pleb poorman taste because they weren't influenced by good morality and good taste patrician people at the right periods in life

those earrings are cute stfu

yes but that was my point exactly -- a pleb would say that they're cute

Those earrings are crying for attention and not pretty at all.

earrings are gaudy

you are in the minority opinion of pretty much everyone.

classic virgin

Not really, no.

Honestly, she got lucky in that everyone liked the new approach to witchcraft and wizardry. Magic had never been so family-friendly and entertaining before, so even though her level of writing and story were SO SHIT, the premise was enough to draw in a large enough crowd. It helps that it was practically written to convert well to a movie.

>Magic had never been so family-friendly and entertaining before

>he's too young to remember, or hell, even have read/seen The Worst Witch
Rowling just stole Jim Murphy's approach and either got lucky as fuck, or this .

>Jim
I mean, Jill.

yikes