What is the purpose of life?

What is the purpose of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3IQC3HCg-w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reproducing

to give one's soul unto the Lord, and to let his works flow through you without resistance.

To make shit. To shit out.

the point is that there is no point. if there were a purpose it would defeat the purpose of purposelessness.

there are very few things that I believe in life, but that's one of them

the question is malformed, so it doesn't have an answer.

to propagate genetic material.

Read some Camus.

To get spooked Not in the Stirner sense

The purpose of life is whatever you so choose.

not cool dude i bet you're one of those guys who post screamers in chat rooms

btw, an easy way to spot the plebs is when they say the biological imperative is a purpose.

But "purposelessness" is a feeling that clouds the mind instead of clearing it, therefore it is false.

this desu

Our biological purpose is to simply survive and reproduce.

Our true, rational and human purpose is one: To be happy.

This desu

What is the life of purpose?

a b s o l u t e

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!
YOU ALMOST FUCKING KILLED ME.

Christ Jesus.

legit spooked desu

Enjoy the wonders and beauty that life has to offer. Better yourself in any way you can. Oh and reproduce too

this is a blue board what the fuck man

The purpose of my life is to smoke weed and watch anime.

This is my appointed task handed down from God; the urge to fulfill it imprinted upon my soul since birth.

To serve God and love one another. You will never shake free from your despair unless you make the leap of faith.

>Actually falling for this Darwinian meme.

to experience.

Lol so much this.

Create a purpose and then indoctrinate yourself into believing that its a divine quest from the Allmighty. Your zealous future self will handle the rest

>the purpose of life is to make more life
well I'm convinced, thank you science

this

this

that's right goyim, no need to preserve your white genes.

To get really high.

To upvote posts on r/theredpill

To post dank fucking memes 24/7

To watch hentai and masturbate

kek

>biological purpose
contradiction in terms

literally pooping

I don't know man, sorry

to be able to give life a purpose that will keep you from asking that question.

To search for it helplessly till the day you die and realize that it was right there picking at your nose

The Greeks

>purpose

This comes closest to my thought; life in and of itself doesn't have a purpose or meaning - it's simply a pattern of electricity in the brain that's selfaware - but by doing or creating something you can GIVE your life a purpose. What will you change in your environment? What will exist because of you?

Spending time with your family.

to recognise the existence of a Divine order and justice and to realise that we have a duty to determine the nature of this truth.

pennis and also dicke and balls

tax evasion

Everything

get a load of this guy.
the biological imperative is the driving force behind humans.
every action is encouraged or discouraged by the pleasure response.

to love and be loved

nah

To find a purpose and then realise that purpose won't get fulfilled, and then to live with that and find the true nature of your own existence.

Read Jonathan Seagull and Illusion's. Those two book's helped me more than I will ever know.

Objectively? Reproduction.
Pragmatically? Whatever the fuck you want it to be.

>Read Jonathan Seagull and Illusion's. Those two book's helped me more than I will ever know.
(Forgot to direct it towards OP. I'm more tired than fuck right now.)

Are you autistic or legitimately stupid? It's not life's purpose to multiply. Life has no meaning, goal or purpose whatsoever.

It just does it for the most part, because that which doesn't, won't remain.

>objectivity
Nice try spookster

But any potential purpose is extinguished by lack of existence, if we're unsure whether purpose exists or not, then existence is necessary to potentially determine whether there is purpose. Wouldn't this mean that potential purpose necessitates reproduction? (that being said, overpopulation is a huge problem).

Sustainability is the best option tbqh.

>nothing whatsoever resembling a well thought out, informative reply
hmm i see

To use time until you die

There is none.
Life is a giant useless sandbox.

Like minecraft.

To create inspired beauty regardless of form.

In other words, to work. And to mold yourself into an example for other men.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3IQC3HCg-w

this.

it would be easier if we didnt have to do all that path and could just live like animals do, cause in the end that is what wisdom means. the mind is our curse.

What is the purpose of studying philosophy contra being a hobby philosophist? Why is it looked down upon? It's not likely you'll get a job after finishing your education anyways, so you might aswell just use your spare time to study philosophy instead of dedicating both your money and future on it.

I'd say both a tool and a curse. The more intelligent you get, the more complex it feels for you.

> Stirner
> Not a spook himself

kek

>I'd say both a tool and a curse.
Much like a penis.

Existence Precedes Essence- the question is a stupid one created by linguistic sophistry.

An infinite universe *cannot* have any such semblance of "meaning" when you yourself are finite.

Read Cioran and Kierkegaard and kill yourself.

What do I do when I slowly find out my feelings for someone - let's say a girl I spoke to for a very long time and thought very dear - were but a wishful thinking on my part and somewhat bored faculties and good character on her part; and taken all this in consideration, I feel as if it is better that I am away from her, as otherwise I'd cultivate feelings that will never be requited and thus will result in too much distress and suffering on my part; yet I feel like what I am doing is wrong and I should pursue what I very well know is unachievable? I'm torn. I go from thinking that I am doing the right thing to being sick with regret and pain. Not the right thread, but I can't handle this at all...

Pretty much. Also the vagina.

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

if you truly believe it to be unachievable than whats the harm in being honest? You've got nothing to lose so get over it and do it

I'm bit confused, that's all. Sometimes, just sometimes, way she acts and the little things she does makes me believe that something might come out of it, but then again, I know nothing will. I really hate being in love, it's no good man, I'm telling you.

I feel you, senpai. Been through something similar recently and recommend what the other user said. Get it over with quickly one way or another, otherwise you're just going to be worrying about it pointlessly.

You've been dragging it too long already. In fact, there is a big chance that she wouldn't be surprised if you tell her. Sometimes, girls understand things intuitively without fully phrasing it for themselves, but when you come out and say it; they understand right away that this was what was happening and she couldn't put the finger on it.

That said, you better be prepared for a negative response. Friendzone is way too easy to enter.

Problem with the question is that I could tell you the purpose, but unless your mind is at a place to fully understand what I said, it wouldn't matter.

Pearls and swine and all that. Most people here are teenage relativistic babbies, what's the use of telling you? Are you actually ready to learn? Is your cup empty or is it full of horse shit like most everyone else?

The purpose of life is to spend it doing things that distracts you from asking yourself that question.

underrated ghost

Virgin childhater detected. I bet you think you're enlightened

this is the correct answer

Objectively the only purpose is to die, and death is inevitable.
Congratulations.

Whoa, I remember that game.

Where do the times go...

to live :)

reported for not lit :)

Fuck bitches, get money.

No but it plays a pretty important role that you should recognize. Being honest about the base drives that drive higher goals is important. It's a delusion that is a pitfall for so many people.

i know there is a meme where everyone pretends to be super naive and innocent and afraid of very comic looking skeletons, but that gif actually made me jump when i opened it. reminds me of that twin peaks scene where the guy crawls at the screen

There are are many rights answers to this question but there are even more wrong answers.

To examine itself.

>clouds the mind instead of clearing it

by what measure? purposelessness is liberating

Literature may contain philosophy, but philosophy on it's own doesn't equal literature. Kinda like how bananas are yellow, but just because it's yellow doesn't make it a banana. If there were a board dedicated to bananas, you couldn't just talk about pencils as if they're bananas because they're yellow.

To arrive at yourself.

To truly live....

The absolute madman!

why desu?

This guy gets it (or will). Nice doubles