Our ancestors MET a supreme being and literally left us a method to find him. Yet, science is actively, purposefully...

Our ancestors MET a supreme being and literally left us a method to find him. Yet, science is actively, purposefully, intentionally trying to erase it. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> Our ancestors MET a supreme being
proof ?

>him
An all caring, loving, nuturing supreme being is male? Top kek

Read the bible.

>An all caring, loving, nuturing supreme being

OP did you ever play fallout?
You know that guy that blabbers on about some crazy alien religion?
That's you

Show me the proof right now.

protip : proofs are measurable, testable and falsifiable ;)

The bible is not one book. Is holds multiple different eye-witness accounts of the same events.

> measurable, testable and falsifiable
Do you know how to read ?

I believe Jesus was a magician that made it seem that he turned water into wine. Good magic show for sure as it got more famous than Houdini. Walking on water was probably a result of miscommunicating the water into wine thing. Parting the sea and noahs ark... not even gonna waste my time on this.
Do you believe superheroes exist in real life? Then why do you believe in a 2000 year old superhero

To anybody, that interprets the Bible literally, without any basic knowledge of history, literature, typography and so on: You know nothing, fag. At least don't fag around, trying to sound smart. Fag.

>Yet, science is actively, purposefully, intentionally trying to erase it.
Actually, critical historical bible studies are scientific. Of course, there's no evidence of any supernatural truth in it all.

There are plenty of folk myths and traditioned superstition of other supernatural entities for which there is also no scientific evidence.

The multiplicity and incompatibility of the world's religions shows that most such myths need to be false by logical necessity, even though they all claim the same authority as the Christian bible.

Given our state of knowledge today, clinging to traditioned "holy" scripture is a losing battle in terms of plausibility, although religion will continue to play a huge role in politics through in-group identification, miseducation of young minds, and bullying.

The bible is not falsifiable because it is the truth. You cannot falsify something that is objective, universal truth. Yet, every scientific claim out there can be falsified with simple reasoning by making use of the bible.

It is impossible to measure GOD because GOD is infinite, and thus cannot be measured. And attempting to test him shows an incredible lack of good judgement when you know what he is capable of.

Jesus was most certainly not a magician. Magic is prohibited.

What you just did there is called an "ad hominem" attack, and atheists always seem to have to resort to them. Why do you atheists always feel the need to come after Christians and harass us?

What part of "our ancestors left us a path to a supreme being" do you not understand?

>What part of "our ancestors left us a path to a supreme being" do you not understand?
Not a plausible hypothesis given the overall state of evidence.

If you take a global view, you can see that many incompatible traditions claim the same thing with the same degree of evidence. Religious individuals prefer one over the other based on their place of birth, which is a bad reason to believe anything.

This is Veeky Forums, fag. What did you expect?

Our ancestors MET a supreme being and literally left us a method to find him. Yet, science is actively, purposefully, intentionally trying to erase it. Why?

Why are you accusing me of being a homosexual when atheists are the one promoting the gay agenda?

There's reasonable cases to be made that none of the books are eyewitnesses to the said supernatural events.
The only reason that the gospels have any authors accredited to them is almost entirely hearsay. It's only almost entirely hearsay because the rest is entirely conjecture like Luke or John.
Why even value purported eyewitness accounts so much?

At least learn what falsifiability is before coming to Veeky Forums.

Jesus is just an obscured view of the Buddha.
Buddhism came before Christianity
The Buddha was portrayed as a very wise being.
Jesus was portrayed to be a very wise being.
Buddhas disciples wrote down his words in a book.
Jesus' disciples wrote down his words in a book.
I think Christians are just too lazy to meditate so they ask their imaginary friend to help them become wise without doing any work. This is ironic because the Bible labels laziness as a sin

>This is considered worthy bait on Veeky Forums nowadays
kill self

>The bible is not falsifiable because it is the truth
> You cannot falsify something that is objective, universal truth

So its not provable, or measurable or testable or even falsifiable ?

I want Justin Bieber to suck my cock.
n-no homo

>Read the bible.

Show no mercy; have no pity!
Kill them all - old and young,
girls and women and little
children. Defile the Temple!
Fill its courtyards with the
bodies of those you kill! Go!
(Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Read about a supreme being - discover an alien psychopath.

Imaginary alien psychopath. The distinction is pretty important.

Wat if religion is an evil races subtle method for earth to destroy themselves ? It literally costs nothing and it makes sure earth doesn't progress.

I always think an alien agenda would involve very subtle tactics that nobody even sees coming because we're too busy looking out for a giant alien mothership with huge guns firing.

Here's a novel idea for you, OP. Maybe, just maybe, our ancestors didn't actually meet a supreme being. Did I just blow your mind?

That is some interesting tin foil and a staple in some popular science fiction (Star Gate).

But the reality is probably much more boring, we're dealing with bad hypotheses that last culturally because of psychological biases, brainwashing and bullying.

Religion may also have some useful functions, but I'd prefer to live in a society without much of it, all else equal.

>Yet, science is actively, purposefully, intentionally trying to erase it.

No it is not.

>Our ancestors CREATED antibiotics and literally left us a method to make them. Yet, mathematics is actively, purposefully, intentionally trying to erase it. Why?

hurrah for non sequitur

>Show me the proof right now for the existence earthquakes
>Show me the proof right now for the existence George Washington
>protip : proofs are measurable, testable and falsifiable ;)

take a christian studies course or something similar.

The validity behind Christianity, or any religion for that matter, is the belief in particular events that only a few people happened to witness. Jesus's rebirth is one of these moments. It is all or nothing. If you are not 100% on all of the events which are basically you taking someone's word, you do not believe in the faith.

I actually remember a particular unrelated story from the bible. It was of a man whose eyesight was healed by Jesus. Keep in mind I was looking at this entire book with a critical eye. Jesus approaches the man and tries to heal his eyesight. it doesnt work the first time. Jesus tries again, and still it does not work. finally I think Jesus rubs some of his saliva in the mans eyes and it does work. the man, according to himelf, is cured of his blindness. When someone asks him if he can see now, he answers something like "yes, now I truly see"

now, wording is everything in this book so my annotation is worth shit. but if I could find the story again somewhere it almost seems like the mans sight isnt supposed to be taken in the literal sense. reading this passage critically, and with an outsider perspective, it seems like the man could be referring to his understanding of how faith works rather than actually having regained his eyesight. When he says "yes, now I truly see" or something to that effect he never verifies that he is no longer blind. Jesus may not have been able to heal him in the first place and he may have just come to an understanding of how faith in a powerful being works. that's just my two cents on it. There were a few other areas similar to this in the bible that made me wonder if there is another message within, but I just dont care enough to go studying the book like a scholar.

>now, wording is everything in this book so my annotation is worth shit. but if I could find the story again somewhere it almost seems like the mans sight isnt supposed to be taken in the literal sense. reading this passage critically, and with an outsider perspective, it seems like the man could be referring to his understanding of how faith works rather than actually having regained his eyesight. When he says "yes, now I truly see" or something to that effect he never verifies that he is no longer blind. Jesus may not have been able to heal him in the first place and he may have just come to an understanding of how faith in a powerful being works. that's just my two cents on it. There were a few other areas similar to this in the bible that made me wonder if there is another message within, but I just dont care enough to go studying the book like a scholar.

That's a very reasonable interpretation.
However, my interpretation is that the man recognized the process of escalation that Jesus was going through in order to either delusionally attempt to heal the man or coerce him into saying he way healed and thus elected to say that he was healed as opposed to further undergoing such an undesirable treatment.
Perhaps there is a message associated with this interpretation as well.

what the fuck? we experience earthquakes all the time. you can literally feel them when they happen and observe the destruction they cause. you can measure them, observe how they cause other disasters (tsunamis) and explain them with other known ideas.

>george washington
he was literally the first president of the US. from a historical perspective it wasnt that long ago. There are journals written by him, journals written by people around him referencing him, signatures on original documents we still keep safe today, lasting effects on our government that are also recorded in writing around the time they were implemented...

There are steps you must take when evaluating something for historical accuracy. George Washington fits the bill. As a matter of fact, Jesus does too. but that isnt the issue. the ambiguity lies in whether he performed miracles and was resurrected or not. that's all.

Not falsifiable.

You will never be one with atom's glow my child...

actually it is. you can go see these earthquake sites in Haiti right now. You can also drill the ground and see the ground layer composition as well as the fault lines.

Because it inspires violence and an all around destructive world view

Because your beards smell.

Islam isn't science, you retarded Muslim.

Our ancestors made up a supreme being and wrote stories about it yet to this day people try to say those stories were nonfiction.

>Call Hindu a Muslim
Your murican ignorance quota has been filled for the day Jeb.

There wasn't a joke to get, just you saying stupid shit.

Please improve your reading comprehension skills before trying to post again. Until then is the place for you.

AIDF detected

Check the rules Veeky Forums.org/rules#sci3

There are more religious books that claim there to be a supreme being and has literally left us a method to find him than there are atoms in the universe, and you claim your book is true. Why?

i honestly feel like we are the supreme beings, evolving and becoming gods. Like our life span use to be around 50 but now it doubled in some cases to 100. this usually shows that we are capable in becoming gods our self's and becoming immortals. that's my theory.