Is society going to collapse?

is society going to collapse?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God i hope so, I'm bored as fuck

World GDP growth has been growing exponentially for a while, google shows someone saying the doubling time is about every 10 years.

Where is the energy source for the society of 2100, with 1024 times as much wealth as in 2000? Fusion or collapse, soon.

world GDP growth is like 3%/year dude, thats a doubling time of like 23 years

~32 times the economy is still an energy problem.

No, Negative feedback means that the system has a fuckload of slack before anything happens to it.
I've watched a society collapse, it's really fucking boring and painful.

>it's really fucking boring and painful.
You just weren't doing it right. Try to get into the spirit of the happening next time.

>the dollar is never ever going to inflate to 0 value
>the 17 trillion usa debt will eventually stop rising
>the rest of the world will trust in usa economy and currency until the end of time

there will be massive food shortages

>ground water in arid regions is depleting fast -> desertification
>deforestation is going fast -> more desertification
>top soil is eroded in massive amounts -> desertification
>50% of
>many of the terrestrial ecosystems are either already destroyed or lethally damaged
>many marine ecosystems are heavily damaged, poisoned and overfished
>we are at the beginning of the sixth great extinction event on this planet, the first that is caused by a single species and with full awareness by this species

Industrialized food supply systems are heavily dependent for oil. It is amongst other things, needed for heavy farming machinery, production of fertilizers, processing and transport.
>oil gets more expensive -> food production breaks down
>mineral phosphorus mines will be depleted within 30 years

We need to work on implementing sustainable and regenerative forms of agriculture now. Our lives literally depend on it.

Although it is probably to late either way.

I was going through a list like this and I was thinking "why don't we just use plant oil for farming equipment" but then I realised that the climate-induced agricultural crash will eliminate that option.

You think not having electricity, running water, food, band-aid for booboo, etc is going to be less boring?

Time for a big boy question:
>is society collapsing?

Also when you calculate the energy cost for farming oil crops on industrial scales, you often invest more joule from oil into growing, harvesting and processing than what you receive from the harvest.

So you basically have to grow with manual methods or some small scale equipment, which makes scaling it up challenging.

>let's kill 90% of the population and destroy the greatest civilization in man's history because I'm bored xDD

fuck off and kys

>~32 times the economy is still an energy problem.
>muh Kardashev scale
Per-capita energy use in developed nations is dropping.

>I've watched a society collapse
pics or it didn't happen

>>the 17 trillion usa debt will eventually stop rising
The point of the debt is to create more demand for investment capital and prop up the investment economy.
Once the boomers are dead, there will be less need for it.

>You think not having electricity, running water, food, band-aid for booboo, etc is going to be less boring?
Not him, but yeah, crisis is "less boring" than a golden age.

>Once the boomers are dead, there will be less need for it.
How do you figure?

>How do you figure?
Boomers are called "boomers" because of the post-ww2 baby boom.
There's a statistical "lump" in the number of people born in the late 1940's and early 1950's that's placing a relative strain on retirement funding.
And yes, I know, the term "boomers" has been expanded to include people born as late as 1964, but that just doesn't make any real sense.
The baby boom was long over by then, and people born in 1964 really aren't part of that cultural generation.
They were still in elementary school during Vietnam/Woodstock/Kent State, etc.

Why do you think that once the boomers are gone the investment economy is going to decline?

>Why do you think that once the boomers are gone the investment economy is going to decline?
>There's a statistical "lump" in the number of people born in the late 1940's and early 1950's that's placing a relative strain on retirement funding.
The retirees/workers ratio will get better once they're gone.
And as they spend their retirement, they're pulling money out of investments and putting it into consumer purchases, reducing he amount of investment capital on the market.

The $$$ is not worth much any more
Gold standard went away in the 70s, when France tried to actually trade in a significant amount of dollars into gold
Now everything that keeps the dollar floating is that it is the currency oil is traded for (Petro dollar) and the knowledge that acting against the status quo will lead to burgers coming by and doing uncomfortable things.
Many countries don't want to play that game any more, especially China and Russia. They are working on building up a rival finance system and trade between each other ignoring the dollar.
As soon as they succeed, the dollar goes down the drain.
If this doesn't happen, one of the many hyperinflated bubbles will just be too big to patch it up with emergency credits and one or two small sacrifices.
This build be black Friday tier and is more a question of "when" and not of "if".

>This build be black Friday tier and is more a question of "when" and not of "if".
It's also a question of "how bad".
Look at the stock market crash of 1987.
In some ways it could have been far worse than the 1929 crash, but government regulation and blind consumer faith kept it from being nearly as disruptive.

96% of Muslims support Sharia Law, including the majority of Muslims even in the US. There are 1.6 billion Muslims.

When 1.5 billion people fundamentally don't want democracy or equality under the law, the world is headed toward either a massive ideological war or the collapse of Western civilization.

How the fuck did they break a billion? There's a thread about weaknesses you would change in humans and I'd change whatever makes people vulnerable to this

because fucking hell almost a quarter of the population

this is embarrassing

Yes. There's a possibility of 98% that society will collapse until 2030.

>96%
you pulled that figure out of your arse

furthermore, you are aware that this whole mess is orchestrated to pit us against each other, right?

>Yes. There's a possibility of 98% that society will collapse until 2030.
Please post this again, but in English.

I can't seem to find where I got the 96% figure, and maybe it's wrong, but at a bare minimum, 65% of Muslims want Sharia Law to be the official law of their land. That's over a billion people who fundamentally oppose equality under the law.

pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

%
>you pulled that figure out of your arse
not him, but see pic related

>furthermore, you are aware that this whole mess is orchestrated to pit us against each other, right?
Orchestrated by who, and who is "us"????

I think you understood the message already and very well. Things are going to be bad for the whole planet.

>Things are going to be bad for the whole planet.
..until 2030 apparently.
What happens then?

Machines will takeover the whole thing, spread to other planets, grow, reproduce and destroy everything at a very fast rate. and in this current form we won't stand a chance against them. So to defeat them humans will have to go beyond. And I'm not making this up. We have little time. Perhaps even less than a decade.

Be ready.

>furthermore, you are aware that this whole mess is orchestrated to pit us against each other, right?
That's Islam's fault actually. The religion teaches intolerance to unbelievers.

Yes and it's good thing too. Humans are nothing but cancer to the earth and offer no benefits to the ecosystem. The sooner we all die the better