When does it start getting good?

When does it start getting good?

Kek

>A screaming comes across the sky!

At that part.

There's no exclamation point.

Around the second page.

After turning the cover page.

Everyone says this after they've finished the book, but there is a point on your first read when the book actually starts to entertain you. When would you say that was in GR?

To be honest, I was rather lost and slogging through the first part. The second part (I believe it is around the 100th page) was when I started having real fun. Lately I re-read the first part and loved it, though.

i didnt like it until ~ 120 pages

I had started reading it in the Spring, but school got too busy for me to give it enough attention. Started over with the companion and am enjoying it and understanding it significantly more.

When he SLIPS ON A BANANA! xD

The first page, even on my first read. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I found it to really be entertaining from the very start. Pynchon has a way with words that I'm envious of.

Pretty great ride the whole way through, early on they introduce Pirate Prentice and that entire passage is one of the best in the book.

On the second read

I loved part one and three, hated part two and four.

Second it. Top kek

if you're not at least moderately entertained by the banana breakfast, you may as well set the book down.

it doesn't, you fell for a meme

>One of the greatest examples of post modernism from one of America's greatest writer
>meme
I bet you enjoy the books of GRR Martin

Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.

kys