How Veeky Forums is your job? Do you or could you read while working?

How Veeky Forums is your job? Do you or could you read while working?

>How Veeky Forums is your job? Do you or could you read while working?

Not very. Yes, I manage to read for two hours a day at work, one hour as soon as I get there and the other right after my lunchbreak. But I only read news publications.

Freight train conductor here. Get to read a good bit when meeting other trains in sidings and before departing and sometimes a bit after arriving if they need to fuel is.

insurance adjuster. lots of downtime throughout the day, i read at my desk pretty often.

I'm a fucking software engineer. All I wanted to be was a US historian though.

neet
i read for 12 hours a day, every day

PhD student + library staffer

I read all day every day my nigga

Security guard at a desk in an empty post. Available to read 6 hours a day without interruptions.

Dude thats literally me in two years, I'm a CS major who misses APUSH

Audio books all night long actually

why not go brakeman? you'd get to read and sleep more plus get the 2nd engine to yourself.

english lit major, gift/greeting store sales clerk nights

if work dies down i get in a good hour of reading, plus the two hours or so of reading while i'm commuting around (i live off campus and take public transit)

i should add: i also go through periods of starvation, self hatred, alienation, intoxication and in general, stagnation coupled with crippling mental trauma, depression, anxiety, schizoid tendencies, on and off god complex...
overall i would not recommend this occupation

I drive a forklift. So yes.

> fuel
Aren't you guys fully electrified by now? Or do you work on a shunter? Also, do you guys have second conductor up there?

what do you read?

they took the brakeman job away from most trains. I am a certified brakeman also but the only trains that roll with a brakeman nowadays are work trains that dump ballast/ties/etc or service local industries. Trains in the US run with a 2-man engineer and conductor crew only nowadays and the government and railroads are trying to kick the conductor off the train also and roll with just an engineer. Shits dangerous as hell all for the sake of saving some money.

We still run on diesel for freight and cross country passenger trains as well here in the US of A

books

I'm a NEET so I read and write whenever I feel like it. Haven't had a job in over a year.

>he isn't NEET

Where do you live? How do you get money?

I'm a trolley conductor.

Did anyone else read in that character's voice?

I'm a psychologist so I mostly read works regarding my field. However, psychology is fucking great in that you can implement almost anything even tangentially related to it in working with patients or scientific work to some degree. Currently reading Camus, de Quincey, Tobias Wolf, also works on urban sociology and Castells, theory of relativism and quantum mechanics and a little book by Nietzsche called "Von Nutzen und Nachteil der Historie fur das Leben"

I'm not who you replied to, but I'll answer. I've quit my job teaching English, and am currently NEET. I'm living at my girlfriend's place in Taiwan, I have about 1.6k usd saved up. I guess I'm just planning to see how far this gets me, living somewhere different is nice.

You're literally living in a romanticist novel minus you actually got the girl

I haven't actually thought of it like that, your post is quite inspiring.

I could in theory though I sit in a crowded, hot environment with a fluorescent bulb dangling above my face. I get headaches every day as a result but nobody else seems to mind. So no I can't read under these circumstances.

Currently studying literary criticism on a grant that I won with my writing. So I read all the time, write as needed for comprehension, and I would say my job is as Veeky Forums as possible.

just kill yourself already

no faggot
kys

How old are you?

Which country?

22, United States

I'm a nurse, so reading during day shift is pretty much impossible due to distractions, obligations towards patients and colleagues that are always around you. Only shift it works out in is night shift.

I work in construction, mostly roofing and bricklaying. No opportunity to read outside break, so I put my imagination to work.

I had a friend I knew who did that in Egypt. He moved back to the states eventually. I am planning on teaching English abroad myself. Seems like a cool way to suppot oneself and travel. I kind of want to study though at the same time and not sure if that is too much.

Bouncer. Not really Veeky Forums and I don't get to read. People sometimes come up to chat and tell their stories, which can get pretty interesting. Overall it's a good job to gain insight into human behaviour, at least in the limited contexts you work at. It's fun to look at the situations you have to resolve as sociopsychological puzzles.

Chef, I work with people who have many cookbooks but can barely read

Check out this sociopsychological puzzle, how would you solve this one?

Have room for another? I'm quiet and easy to get along with.

also me except just finish my bs in cs then start studying sociology and maybe spin that into something info security but really just want to write white papers about semtex proliferation in northern ireland during the troubles or a comparative study of roman catholicism and italy during the renaissance period to wahhabism and the arab peninsula in the modern era
>tfw still in school so took up a 6 month QAA contract part-time

Obviously in that case the situation has degraded to the point where use of force is required. Fights seldomly start out of nowhere. I usually, given that there are two of them, try to identify the calmer person and remove him from the equation altogether, which tends to give the more aggravated person a sense of victory. Meanwhile and maybe some distance away, I talk reasonably with the other one without making him feel guilty and advise him not to be in contact with the other. Of course there are exceptions and there is no general solution, but this way usually works with potential fights.

Are you big and tough?

I do paid voluntary work helping out medical students, it's alright, short hours and good pay and I get to do plenty of reading on the side there.

I don't consider myself either.

I climb oil rigs. Lots of down time when wind is too strong. I read on a kindle then. Good to be away from distractions of drink and women.

I usher at a creative arts theatre and work as a host for a restaurant chain

No time for reading but for the ushering position I'm paid mostly to do nothing but watch productions/live music

Sometimes its great and I get to watch some really inventive contemporary stuff, other times its garbage put on by local schools for parents to watch

How does that work with your visa? Aren't you going to get deported eventually?